RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pandora in Enform App Suite

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-18, 08:13 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pandora in Enform App Suite

Using Pandora in the App Suite has resulted in an "Insufficient Connectivity" error (and none of my stations are displayed). I unpaired phone from the car, deleted the app on my iPhone 6 and redownloaded it and the situation does not change. While driving my 2015 GS350 , the same thing happens - "Insufficient Connectivity". Pandora simply will not play at all through the App Suite no matter what I do and no matter which car I drive. I have spoken with the Lexus Enform people on two occasions. They say they are aware that this is a problem but offered no assistance nor any word on when or if they might actually address this issue. This has only been an issue on my vehicles since the first week of August. I'm using iPhone 6 with latest iOS but have to use iHeart and Slacker to avoid using the phone itself while driving since that is illegal here.
Old 08-26-18, 02:20 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I, too, recently running into this problem with my Android phone.

At first I thought it was the encryption program I was running in the background and the system thinks I'm connecting from some foreign country or something....but not the case as it showed I was in FL.

So I disconnect my encryption program in the background and then reconnect to Enform and then to Pandora.........ALL GOOD!! THEN O RECONNECT MY ENCRYPTION PROGRAM SND ALL STILL GOOD.!!!

Originally Posted by Nimimi
Using Pandora in the App Suite has resulted in an "Insufficient Connectivity" error (and none of my stations are displayed). I unpaired phone from the car, deleted the app on my iPhone 6 and redownloaded it and the situation does not change. While driving my 2015 GS350 , the same thing happens - "Insufficient Connectivity". Pandora simply will not play at all through the App Suite no matter what I do and no matter which car I drive. I have spoken with the Lexus Enform people on two occasions. They say they are aware that this is a problem but offered no assistance nor any word on when or if they might actually address this issue. This has only been an issue on my vehicles since the first week of August. I'm using iPhone 6 with latest iOS but have to use iHeart and Slacker to avoid using the phone itself while driving since that is illegal here.
Old 08-30-18, 02:52 PM
HDD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue with the Enform Suite on my 2013 Lexus RX 350. Problem started first week of August. MDW, who is the primary driver bought it to my attention today. This are the steps i took to resolve the issue of " insufficient connectivity and empty station list " :
-Deleted and reinstalled the Enform App on both iPhone 7 and 6 Plus
-Deleted and reinstalled the Pandora App
- Rebooted the Navigation System
- As the Iheart Radio works fine and bluetooth connectivity works i did not deem necessary to reconnect both our phones to the Nav.
- Contacted Lexus customer service - Enform division who was clueless , did not offer or suggest any steps to resolve the issue. I believe they are not even acknowledging they have a issue. The agent then routed the call to the so called technology expert at our local Dealer - Meade Lexus of Southfield, MI. The ' expert ' said she was going to check the ' Chatter " . I am assuming she meant forums, google etc and get back to me. Still waiting for a response !!!!
To summarize : No resolution
I am reaching out to this forum hoping someone out there has a solution. Thanks
Old 08-30-18, 06:11 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

UPDATE: I installed Enform App on my wife's iPhone SE. Pandora will play via the Enform App Suite on her phone but not mine (iPhone 6). Maybe the issue is with this particular model of phone. Maybe an upgrade to the iPhone 8 Plus will fix it?
Old 08-30-18, 11:53 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

A couple of things to try.....

1. Do you have the most up to date version of iOS
on the phone?

2. Memory running low? Try deleting old texts and apps you don't need or use anymore.

Then roobot your phone and try again.

UPDATE: I installed Enform App on my wife's iPhone SE. Pandora will play via the Enform App Suite on her phone but not mine (iPhone 6). Maybe the issue is with this particular model of phone. Maybe an upgrade to the iPhone 8 Plus will fix it?
Old 08-31-18, 11:10 AM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

"Memory"? If you mean storage, I've used 20 of 64GB. And I am running the latest iOS.
Old 09-05-18, 01:33 PM
Prolly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have MANY problems trying to use any of the apps. I really didn’t know one app could have so many error messages. The app hasn’t been updated in EIGHT months. WTH is wrong with Lexus? To add insult to injury my 2015 RX refuses to stay on HD radio, it doesn’t just blank out for a second it blanks out for like five minutes making that unusable as well. Seriously liking of selling
Old 09-06-18, 06:12 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

There are at least TWO versions of the Enform app on Android (maybe same for iOs? IDK).

For my 2013 RX450h, it uses the "older Enform app". At one time I last couple of years ago I upgraded my Android phone and installed the NEWER version of Enform (wrong version) and Enform STOPPED working in my Lexus. The "newer version of Enform" DID NOT work in my 2015 RCF either.

So make sure you have the "older Enform version".

Mine is the third one from the top. Please see attached screenshot....

​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by Prolly
I have MANY problems trying to use any of the apps. I really didn’t know one app could have so many error messages. The app hasn’t been updated in EIGHT months. WTH is wrong with Lexus? To add insult to injury my 2015 RX refuses to stay on HD radio, it doesn’t just blank out for a second it blanks out for like five minutes making that unusable as well. Seriously liking of selling

Originally Posted by Prolly
The following users liked this post:
Prolly (11-12-18)
Old 09-13-18, 12:57 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

After 5 weeks of not working at all in the Enform App Suite, Pandora suddenly started working again on both my RX and GS! Amazing. I wonder what happened.
Old 09-19-18, 12:41 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Lexus has sent out emails saying that BOTH the App Suite and App Suite 2.0 will receive an update on November 13th. The update will remove Pandora and two other apps from the suites. If you use and like Pandora, contact Lexus at Lexus.com/contact and let them know that you are against their decision to remove Pandora.
Old 09-19-18, 01:30 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I seriously doubt it's gonna make any difference. But one can try.

In my opinion, maybe Pandora refused to pay Lexus for the "privilege".....you know, it's a "corporate decision".

Lexus has sent out emails saying that BOTH the App Suite and App Suite 2.0 will receive an update on November 13th. The update will remove Pandora and two other apps from the suites. If you use and like Pandora, contact Lexus at Lexus.com/contact and let them know that you are against their decision to remove Pandora.
Old 09-26-18, 05:59 AM
hophead
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I seriously doubt it's gonna make any difference. But one can try.

In my opinion, maybe Pandora refused to pay Lexus for the "privilege".....you know, it's a "corporate decision".
SiriusXM bought Pandora. My guess is that they are not going to let you stream Pandora in your car for free when they can sell you a SiriusXM subscription.

Just to clarify.. you can stream with Bluetooth. They just aren't going to male it easy, by giving you an app in the car.

Last edited by hophead; 09-26-18 at 07:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Prolly (11-12-18)
Old 09-26-18, 05:42 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Thanks for the update.

Pandora (free version) within Enform is AD free. Enform strips out the ads.

Now via Bluetooth, I'll be listening to ads.

Originally Posted by hophead
SiriusXM bought Pandora. My guess is that they are not going to let you stream Pandora in your car for free when they can sell you a SiriusXM subscription.

Just to clarify.. you can stream with Bluetooth. They just aren't going to male it easy, by giving you an app in the car.
Old 11-20-18, 07:54 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I really wanted to call Lexus and tell them, if they did not see this coming, the technology around them evolving, they deserve to be stuck with outdated Pandora support, licensing and APIs.
They made a corporate decision to force dated technology onto all of its customers with no option to upgrade other than replacing the vehicle, it would be karma for them.