RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Manual Storage

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 08:42 PM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Manual Storage

2014 RX 450h newbie here.

Where do you store the 3.5" thick (x 8.5" x 7.0") of manuals?
Is there a good place in the cabin to put them?

We thought there would be a nice place in the cargo area, but found only the spare tire, tools, and the space for the rear wheels battery there.

I would love to store them at home, but it seems that we have more questions than answers right now.

Thanks

Cheryl
Old 01-15-14, 08:50 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I put them in my glove box, with the exception of the navigation manual, which I keep in the front passenger door map pocket.

Reason I do this is it allows the manual to then fit in the glove box, and normally, if we have any questions, it's with the navigation, so it's worthwhile to have it handy in the door.
Old 01-15-14, 10:56 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Digital copy

Paperback Manual - House
Digital copy ( iPhone, iPad, e-reader)

That was easy!

However, if you really have to carry all those manuals ( just like how they do it in the 90's),
the trapdoor inside the center arm rest CAN accommodate that.
Old 01-16-14, 01:00 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

They go in a drawer in the house, never to be opened again.

Anyone have the URL for the digital manual, that might come in handy.
Old 01-16-14, 03:21 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^^The manual can be searched on the Lexus owners website. The space in the center console markrivers mentioned is a good place to put them. It's actually mentioned in the manual itself, LOL! Mine stays in the house. After all you're supposed to study the manual every night and commit it to memory
Old 01-16-14, 04:07 AM
Browninggo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep..space at bottom of center console. Fits perfect.
Old 01-16-14, 07:00 AM
cflutist
Driver

Originally Posted by Browninggo
Yep..space at bottom of center console. Fits perfect.
Thank you very much everyone. I will look there today after we condition our light gray seats with that Leather Master Protection Cream (that I learned about on the Maintenance thread).

So much to learn (coming from a 2002 Camry), and not enough brain capacity to remember it all

eReader? I asked hubby if he wanted a tablet for Christmas and he said no (coming from a guy who hosts our website on a Linux Server from the house but refuses to read the Lexus manuals. While he's driving he keeps asking me, how do we do this and that? Yesterday it was how to undo the Auto so we could control the temperature of the cabin manually. Then we noticed two sets of temperature buttons ... LOL) . I've been sending him responses to my questions via email.

Cheryl (day 9 of RX 450h AWD)
Old 01-16-14, 07:33 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cflutist
Thank you very much everyone. I will look there today after we condition our light gray seats with that Leather Master Protection Cream (that I learned about on the Maintenance thread).

So much to learn (coming from a 2002 Camry), and not enough brain capacity to remember it all

eReader? I asked hubby if he wanted a tablet for Christmas and he said no (coming from a guy who hosts our website on a Linux Server from the house but refuses to read the Lexus manuals. While he's driving he keeps asking me, how do we do this and that? Yesterday it was how to undo the Auto so we could control the temperature of the cabin manually. Then we noticed two sets of temperature buttons ... LOL) . I've been sending him responses to my questions via email.

Cheryl (day 9 of RX 450h AWD)
For your husband...

man RX450h
Old 01-16-14, 07:34 AM
Browninggo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheryl is this the leather cream your are referring to?
https://detailersdomain.com/Leather-...ner_p_145.html
Old 01-16-14, 07:44 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Anyone have the URL for the digital manual, that might come in handy.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...anual-pdf.html

The 2014 are not available at this time, for those who might ask.
Old 01-16-14, 07:49 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Browninggo
Cheryl is this the leather cream your are referring to?
https://detailersdomain.com/Leather-...ner_p_145.html
Yes.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...her-seats.html

Amazon.com: Leather Masters 1 Liter Leather Protection Cream: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Leather Masters 1 Liter Leather Protection Cream: Health & Personal Care
Old 01-16-14, 10:31 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Too big it goes to the library.
Old 01-16-14, 06:31 PM
cflutist
Driver

So I looked under the trap door today of the center console. While there is storage space there, not enough room for all of the manuals. May need to split them up.

Did get all of my leather conditioned with Leather Master Protection Cream as per the Detailing and Maintenace boards. Slowly but surely. We still have not taken it out on the freeway yet. Just tooling around town.

Thank you everyone for your help so far.

Cheryl
2014 RX 450h
Old 01-17-14, 05:12 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cflutist
So I looked under the trap door today of the center console. While there is storage space there, not enough room for all of the manuals. May need to split them up.

Did get all of my leather conditioned with Leather Master Protection Cream as per the Detailing and Maintenace boards. Slowly but surely. We still have not taken it out on the freeway yet. Just tooling around town.

Thank you everyone for your help so far.

Cheryl
2014 RX 450h
Cheryl, Assuming a 2014 was not redesigned from a 2013 in terms of the center console... I can fit 100% of my 2013 manuals for my RX450h inside the hidden area that was introduced on the 2013 MY. After searching here for 5 minutes, I can't find my earlier post with pictures how to get to it right now, but basically, you first remove what you have in the center console, lift the tab and you see the first hidden area straight down ... BUT, there is yet an additional area down there towards the FRONT of the console area under where the touch controller is ... You have to lift one more plastic cover out (sort of like an origami figure) to access it. My large manual in leather cover fits there -- you just have to orient it correctly, then close that door, put the rest of your manuals there with just a slight curve to them, and then close the trap door of your larger console are you are more used to using. IMHO, Lexus Engineers definitely made that space to fit the manuals as it fits like a glove. My Glove Compartment is practically empty as a result. Good luck!
Old 01-17-14, 05:28 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

My 2010h doesn't have the hidden storage in the center. But like many with this type of car I keep a laundry basket in the back for various things like an extra towel, pillow (rear seat passengers think it's an airline), gloves (should I need them), and yes the manual's. Also because most things in there are neatly stored, I use it (along with the rear web) for securing grocery's, or loose purchases when out & about.

Quick Reply: Manual Storage