RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Premium Package versus Luxury Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 09:09 AM
wlpncp
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Premium Package versus Luxury Package

The Luxury Package has these extras not in the Premium Package: (1) 19" wheels; (2) Front seat power cushion extender (what is that?); (3) Headlamp washers; and (4) Wood/Leather trimmed steering wheel and shift ****. Do you think these four extras are worth an extra $2000? How does the ride in 19" wheels compare to that in 18": wheels?
Old 01-28-13, 10:10 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Front seat power cushion extender moves the front of the physical seat out so there is a little (and I mean, a little) more length under your rear end and thighs. Personally I bought the luxury package on my 2013 RX450h. I wanted the larger and different looking wheels, did not care about the seat extender or headlamp washers, but think the espresso steering wheel and shift **** add some class to the interior. Take a look at some of my photos here -- you'll need to decide if it's worth it to you or not.

As for the ride with the 19"... hate to do this to a new person on the forum, but do a little searching. There have been many threads on this subject of wheel size as well as tire manufacturer and impact on the ride. Some would say the 19" is rougher, others (like me) don't find it to be an issue. Some find a little more road noise but that may well be due to the tires themselves. ...then there is a whole lot of discussion on Bridgestones, Pirelli, Michelins, etc, etc., etc. For me, my 19" Bridgestones that came with my RX450h have not been an issue, but when it comes time for new tires, Pirelli and Michelins will likely be in the running. We'll have to see.

Good luck on your decision and welcome to the forum.
The following users liked this post:
Seabone726 (04-10-20)
Old 01-28-13, 11:27 AM
VVRX
Pole Position

Doesn't the Luxury Package also include the Power Retractable Outside Mirrors and the illuminated Scuff plate like on the 2012?
Seabone726 (04-10-20)
Old 01-28-13, 12:25 PM
wlpncp
Rookie

It has the power-folding mirrors, but I don't think it has the sill lights.
Old 01-28-13, 12:27 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by VVRX
Doesn't the Luxury Package also include the Power Retractable Outside Mirrors and the illuminated Scuff plate like on the 2012?
It did on my 2010.

I have the Luxury Package on my 2010. I love the Semi-Analine leather (super supple, but feels less durable than the standard leather), wood steering wheel even though it gets so damned cold in the winter and my ring dents it, seat bottom extenders (6 footer, long thighs), and power folding mirrors. It's nice to be able to look at my car and know that it is locked. That's probably the function I find most useful, as it turns out.

I stopped noticing the illuminated scuff plates a long time ago (even though initially it was a must have, won't make that mistake again).

I like the way the 19s handle and look, but they do ride harsher than the 18s I get on loaners. The 18s don't offend me and they don't handle much worse, so I could go either way on that.
Old 01-28-13, 02:02 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Luxury Package on the 2013's also includes the heated steering wheel, which heats the leather portion of the wheel only - a godsend for colder climates. In Canada, the heated wheel is standard on either of the Ultra Premiums.

dentate
Oshawa, ON
wintering in Port Charlotte, FL
Seabone726 (04-10-20)
Old 07-18-13, 02:58 PM
Henry82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by panyo64
I have the Luxury Package on my 2010. I love the Semi-Analine leather (super supple, but feels less durable than the standard leather)...
Do all 2010 Luxury Packages come with Semi-Analine leather?
Old 07-18-13, 06:09 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Henry82
Do all 2010 Luxury Packages come with Semi-Analine leather?
No standard is just "leather."

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_libra...0_options.html
Old 07-18-13, 06:49 PM
JKgolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly don't want to hijack the thread, but talking about packages it may be appropriate.

I am being told that purchasing the RX here in the US it has to come with the Premium Package. Is it true that there isn't away around spending this extra money either?
Old 07-18-13, 06:53 PM
Henry82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by satnav
"Semi-aniline leather-trimmed interior" is listed with a diamond symbol which means "Included in Package"... It seems that Luxury Package DOES come with SA leather.
Seabone726 (04-10-20)
Old 07-18-13, 06:54 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Henry82
"Semi-aniline leather-trimmed interior" is listed with a diamond symbol which means "Included in Package"... It seems that Luxury Package DOES come with SA leather.
Sorry your right. I always get the premium package and luxury package confused. I wish I had the Luxury package for the power folding mirrors and headlamp washers.
Old 07-18-13, 09:13 PM
cavedawg
Rookie

I got the luxury package mainly for the SA leather, folding electrochromatic mirrors and the side angle monitor.

Dawg
Old 07-18-13, 09:22 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

From 2010 - 2012, the Luxury Package also came with the Wide-View Monitor (the camera under your right side mirror) that gives a nice view of the side of your car that you just can't see from the driver's seat. I believe the Wide-View monitor has been discontinued from the 2013 Luxury Package.

In addition, the Luxury Package also includes the automatic recirculation/smog sensor to the AC system. Premium package has the "recirc/fresh" air button on the right of the climate console and you'll have to do the switching between recirc and fresh air yourself. On the Luxury Package, that button is replaced with a "Recirc/Auto" button and when in AUTO mode, it switches automatically based on the quality of the incoming air. This is a particularly nice feature.
Old 07-18-13, 09:53 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new to me RX350

Im still learning with my new to me 2010 RX350 CPO, i think i have luxury or premium package, I dont have rear dvd system but i put a dvd disk in dash player it plays movie? im lost...... i posted my photos with link below now you tell me if have luxury or premium package.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...thread-34.html
Old 07-18-13, 10:12 PM
trcr1@gran
Driver School Candidate

The Luxury package includes everything in the premium package plus:
Semi aniline leather
Heated wood and leather steering wheel and shift ****
Front seat extenders
Illuminated front door sills
Headlamp washer
19" wheels with 235/55VR19 tires
Auto re-circulation
LED headlamps

The Premium package does include power folding electrochromic side mirrors. I don't think either package has the side view camera.
I think you will find that Luxury package RX's are extremely hard to find. If you want one, you will probably have to order it. I have been looking for 2 months and only found one RX with the Luxury package. I think it was a 450h

Last edited by trcr1@gran; 07-18-13 at 10:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Premium Package versus Luxury Package