RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New here...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-13, 10:31 AM
Harrie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here...

Hi,
My name is Harrie Beekmans, and I'm from Holland. One month ago, I bought my first Lexus, a 2012 RX450h F-sport. It's the best car I've ever owned, before this car I drove a 2010 Renault Espace (don't know if you know it down there...) which is also a great car, but the Lexus is better... I hope to learn more about the RX and all the other Lexusses... Pics of my car will follow later on...

I'm sorry for my bad American, I hope you don't mind...
Best regards,
Harrie
Old 01-25-13, 10:36 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Welcome to CL, Harrie. Don't worry, your American is just fine It looks like you're the second one with a 450h F-Sport in the forum. Unfortunately we don't get them here in the states. Definitely take pictures so that we can drool over your RX.
Old 01-25-13, 11:50 AM
Killer_IS
Rookie

Congrat, def post some pics!
Old 01-25-13, 12:09 PM
m34door
Driver School Candidate

Welcome harrie
Old 01-25-13, 12:15 PM
Harrie
Driver School Candidate

These are some pics I got from my dealer... I will shoot a few myself another time, because there's about 10 inches of snow outside now...

My car is imported from Germany. In Holland we have to pay BPM (kind of tax) which makes a new RX about $20.000 more expensive here than they are in Germany. If you buy a young used car, like I did, the tax you have to pay when you bring him to Holland is about $8000... So I saved $12.000 only on the tax, and another $8000 because it was used... Well, used... That's not the right word... It drove about 4000 miles and wasn't even half a year of age... Practically new...

They don't bring F-sports there? I think that's because you like comfort, and in Europe we prefer sporty... I drove a President RX, and that one is really far more soft than my one... I think the F-sport also has got different seats... When I visited the states 2 years ago, I got sick when I drove my rented Lincoln Town car because it was so comfy...

Last edited by Harrie; 01-25-13 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-25-13, 12:17 PM
Harrie
Driver School Candidate

By the way, I really loved the states... I've binned there about 6 times now... My wife's uncle lives in NY, we're planning to visit him next December...
Old 01-25-13, 01:48 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F Sport is only available on the RX350 is the US. As far as your rental Town Car, I am truly sorry. That car rides so well that they don't make it any more.
Old 01-25-13, 02:09 PM
Harrie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FamilyRX
The F Sport is only available on the RX350 is the US. As far as your rental Town Car, I am truly sorry. That car rides so well that they don't make it any more.
Okay... It is a great car, the best one I ever had... Before I used to drive Volvo, my wife drives a 2009 S60 2.0T manual gearbox, and they're also great!
But except the overload of comfort in the Lincoln I really loved the car... But I really don't like the new MkZ...
Old 01-25-13, 02:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Harrie, congratulations on your new Lexus. You bought yourself a world class automobile.

Curious about something. Is Lexus sold through Toyota dealers in Holland? I also see a white IS C in the last picture reflected on your bumper which leads me to believe Lexus is sold there.
Old 01-25-13, 03:51 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Harrie
Hi,
My name is Harrie Beekmans, and I'm from Holland. One month ago, I bought my first Lexus, a 2012 RX450h F-sport. It's the best car I've ever owned, before this car I drove a 2010 Renault Espace (don't know if you know it down there...) which is also a great car, but the Lexus is better... I hope to learn more about the RX and all the other Lexusses... Pics of my car will follow later on...

I'm sorry for my bad American, I hope you don't mind...
Best regards,
Harrie
Welcome to Club Lexus, Harrie.

Do not worry about your spelling or grammar. Doesn't count for much online or even here in the States for that matter. Not everyone can speak the Queen's English.
Old 01-25-13, 11:05 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the club, Harrie. I just have to say that the LED lights on the 2013 RX450h really look bad-***! I wish they were available on the RX350.
Old 01-26-13, 01:24 AM
Harrie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Harrie, congratulations on your new Lexus. You bought yourself a world class automobile.

Curious about something. Is Lexus sold through Toyota dealers in Holland? I also see a white IS C in the last picture reflected on your bumper which leads me to believe Lexus is sold there.
Yes, indeed. The Toyota dealer where I bought my Lexus, was in Germany, but in Holland you have specialized Lexus dealers and Toyota dealers which also sell Lexusses... My car is now in maintenance by a specialized Lexus dealership, but you can also do it at the Toyota dealer...
Old 01-26-13, 02:12 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great car!! Such a shame though, I was getting used to the privilege of having the only RX450h F Sport on this forum . Well I guess I have the only white one and possibly the only RHD one! Enjoy your car, its a stunner, it will turns heads everywhere you go!
Old 01-26-13, 06:28 AM
Harrie
Driver School Candidate

Thank you... And I'm sorry!
Old 01-26-13, 06:36 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

The LED headlights are super sweet. Are they standard on the 450h F-Sport?

Originally Posted by rayaans
Great car!! Such a shame though, I was getting used to the privilege of having the only RX450h F Sport on this forum . Well I guess I have the only white one and possibly the only RHD one! Enjoy your car, its a stunner, it will turns heads everywhere you go!
Aww, you're still special

Quick Reply: New here...