RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Nav upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 05:59 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

You have a valid point! I would like to correct just a couple of comments, then we can happily agree to disagree.
Originally Posted by ISFWes
My point is you made a conscience decision to buy into the Lexus business model. With all of its perfection and perceived faults.
No. What I bought into was ownership of what I feel is a terrific automobile! Not a business model.
For a reason known to you. You thought the Lexus system was better than the previous German business model you were with. So you left.
Also wrong. I thought the RX was a better car (not system) for me than the German mfgs offer, so I bought one.

The point you're making is Lexus should treat you better? For them to have a better business?
Name one company where this isn't true.
EXACTLY! It seems pretty fundamental to me, too!!! Why can't Lexus see it?

This would be a fun conversation over a cold drink!

I love the ISF. It has such an aggressive look, and I never tire of the sound of a V8!

Last edited by Cruiter; 12-12-12 at 06:37 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-12-12, 08:28 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrimsnTide
But am I WRONG to expect they would bring EVERYTHING up to date?

This is something that SHOULD have been negotiated prior to signing - if they would have at all. But do you think it's at least worth a call to the service manager, or sales people? At this price, I think it's something I (we) shouldn't have to ask? Also, as far as the roads, I have lived in Orange County all my life... It's not so much the roads that would be important, but the Points of Interests (POI's) would be bmore help to my wife...

Any thoughts? Any suggestions where I can voice my disappointment? 1-800 #?
I never thought about this but I would be surprised if many CPO cars have their Nav systems upgraded upon resale. Frankly, I wouldn't expect it as a normal course of events.

If you are unhappy about it call your sales person and ask about it. As I previously wrote, updated maps still aren't up to date, the data bases are out of date, this especially applies to POI's. Living in Orange County you won't see much, if any, change.
Old 12-13-12, 06:09 AM
CrimsnTide
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the replies... I know it's a trivial thing, but with the car being a CPO, I would expect that they know the state of that car and would bring it up to date on all aspects, including the NAV system. I guess the 2010's HAD an issue with wind noise and the iPod scrolling issue. And iI'm sure they have had more recent programming done to the ECU. Is it up to the new owner to ensure these things have been taken care of, or will Lexus perform this effort when brought to their attention? Trivial I know, but at what point can I REALLY leave it up to my Dealer to make sure my vehicle is"up to date", especially when I purchased a CPO...

On that note, in a previous post, someone mentioned about having firmware flashed/upgraded to resolve the iPod scrolling issue that was around at that time. We won't be getting our car back until tonight, so I don't know if that is an issue. But can someone POST a link or send me the ACTUAL Technical Service Bulletin LSB-0039-09? I see it talked about in MANY places, but cannot find it. Is it really a TSB? or maybe a LSB (LEXUS Service Bulletin???).

Either way, I cannot find it and I'd like to read it and have it on hand when I pick up the car. I've stood in front of the Service Desk and have been told to my face that a TSB doesn't exist, only to go home, find it, print it and take it back to the dealer. Yes, it does happen.

Since my Navigation version is three years old, I have to wonder if this issue affects me or not.

Thanks again for the replies....