Notices
RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

 
Old 05-19-12, 05:23 PM
  #1  
dctex99
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 571
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

Please list if you got ANY" kind of discount; free stuff,,more for your trade....everyone talks like if you buy now it is strictly MSRP????
dctex99 is offline  
Old 05-19-12, 09:49 PM
  #2  
sansnil
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I got a thousand off my special order 2013 RX 450h. Might have been able to get $1.5k from a different dealer I checked out if I'd put the time into it but I wanted to go with the dealer closer to my home anyway.
sansnil is offline  
Old 05-19-12, 09:57 PM
  #3  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

CA usually gets some of the best deals.

I guess it's bc of location, competition, and taxes (help the buyer out bc of the huge state taxes they will pay)

Who knows
gqscholar is offline  
Old 05-19-12, 09:58 PM
  #4  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
I got a thousand off my special order 2013 RX 450h. Might have been able to get $1.5k from a different dealer I checked out if I'd put the time into it but I wanted to go with the dealer closer to my home anyway.

Congrads

You got 1k off of a special order this early in the game.

Outstanding
gqscholar is offline  
Old 05-19-12, 11:11 PM
  #5  
Sevn86
Lexus Champion
 
Sevn86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,099
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by gqscholar View Post
CA usually gets some of the best deals.

I guess it's bc of location, competition, and taxes (help the buyer out bc of the huge state taxes they will pay)

Who knows
If that's the case then I'm ordering my next car from a Cali dealer.
Sevn86 is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 08:03 AM
  #6  
dctex99
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 571
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gqscholar View Post
CA usually gets some of the best deals.

I guess it's bc of location, competition, and taxes (help the buyer out bc of the huge state taxes they will pay)

Who knows
Sales tax is about the same here as every state; but we do have quite a few Lexus dealers because there is a lot of money here!!1 Not huge
dctex99 is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 08:31 AM
  #7  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
Sales tax is about the same here as every state; but we do have quite a few Lexus dealers because there is a lot of money here!!1 Not huge
Oh I thought I heard it was around 10% - 12 %. sales and used tax ???

Isn't there a registration yearly tax

Its 3.75 here in Delaware.

VA is around 3 as well.

Thats around 3-4k in savings from the taxes alone on a 40 - 50k car


Then there are some annual vehicle license fees, etc.

I have a uncle that lives in Glen Dale CA (use to live in PA) and he complains about the taxes on his cars all the time.

I always tell him how he gets the best deals there and he always reply how much taxes he had to pay and how much more CA charges for registration, license fees etc over other states

Last edited by gqscholar; 05-20-12 at 08:50 AM.
gqscholar is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 09:06 AM
  #8  
dctex99
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 571
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gqscholar View Post
Oh I thought I heard it was around 10% - 12 %. sales and used tax ???

Isn't there a registration yearly tax

Its 3.75 here in Delaware.

VA is around 3 as well.

Thats around 3-4k in savings from the taxes alone on a 40 - 50k car


Then there are some annual vehicle license fees, etc.

I have a uncle that lives in Glen Dale CA (use to live in PA) and he complains about the taxes on his cars all the time.

I always tell him how he gets the best deals there and he always reply how much taxes he had to pay and how much more CA charges for registration, license fees etc over other states
I think your uncle is a whiner;;sales tax where I live is 7.75,%, license fees may be higher than some states but MUCH nicer freeways !!!! It is worth the money....lol. And we have fewer snow plows where I live....lol.
dctex99 is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 09:07 AM
  #9  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
I think your uncle is a whiner;;sales tax where I live is 7.75,%, license fees may be higher than some states but MUCH nicer freeways !!!! It is worth the money....lol. And we have fewer snow plows where I live....lol.
He said theres a use tax too on top of the sales tax?

what is that?

And how the registration tax went up again, etc


He is always whinning about taxes.

The man is a doctor, has a house in a development built on a mountain/hill and he still complains about $$$ and taxes

Don't get him started on the Gas prices



CA is very nice place to live IMO

I hate the cold, I'm moving in 5 or so years and I'm either going to move to CA or Fl

Last edited by gqscholar; 05-20-12 at 09:13 AM.
gqscholar is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 09:27 AM
  #10  
jman-is350
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 730
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I got $2500 off MSRP of $48xxx
jman-is350 is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 10:01 AM
  #11  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jman-is350 View Post
I got $2500 off MSRP of $48xxx
Location? Any incentives
gqscholar is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 10:20 AM
  #12  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jman-is350 View Post
I got $2500 off MSRP of $48xxx
Was it a lease or purchase

Did u trade in a car
gqscholar is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 10:23 AM
  #13  
2011RX350
Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 129
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Most states will credit u any sales taxes paid and some states u buy in do not charge sales tax unless they have reciprocity or u register in their state. e.g., If u are from out of state, FL does not charge sales tax except for a few neighboring states they have mutual agreements with.

If u want AWD u need to shop in the snow belt. For FWD, go to the warm states.
2011RX350 is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 03:37 PM
  #14  
Sevn86
Lexus Champion
 
Sevn86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,099
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jman-is350 View Post
I got $2500 off MSRP of $48xxx
Was that an incentive or is it cause your a frequent buyer with that dealership?
Sevn86 is offline  
Old 05-20-12, 03:44 PM
  #15  
gqscholar
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Was that an incentive or is it cause your a frequent buyer with that dealership?
I'm interested in knowing too.

Was it a lease?

The dealers over here on the east coast aren't bugging on the RX 350 2013.

I was told by the dealers I contacted here on the East Coast that there isn't any incentives on the purchasing of a 2013 RX 350 yet
gqscholar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: