RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What do you get with a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-11, 04:10 PM
Baller5x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you get with a Lexus?

I just bought a 2011 RX 350 and my sales person just started working there. I have a feeling he forgot to give me all the extras I get with buying a brand new car. I want to know what Lexus provides with the car: like how many keys? and what you usually get with buying a car from a Lexus dealership such as mats, key chains, etc. I would especially like to hear from people who bought from Longo. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Old 01-08-11, 05:01 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in Houston they gave me 2 key chains for the 2 keys that came with it, Exact mats (i was asking for the All weather floor mats but Lexus did a recall on them), they also added the All weather cargo mats when I requested it. Aside from that whatever's just listed on the window sticker that's what they include. Also for my dealer they include 5, 10, 15, and 20K free oil change as long as it is within 2 years since you got the vehicle.
Old 01-08-11, 05:36 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

two key chains for the two keys
a black Lexus t-shirt
two reusable cloth Lexus bags
Old 01-08-11, 06:09 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Two year service for free.
Old 01-08-11, 07:07 PM
Baller5x
Driver School Candidate

Default I didn't get any of that

I only got one key chain and when I asked for one more, the salesperson said company policy is for one keychain. I asked for all weather mats, he said we don't do that. Any idea of what I should do? I want to complaint to corporate for the overall experience being poor.
Old 01-08-11, 07:30 PM
TR3XX
Pole Position

I got 2 keys, first 2 oil changes free, and a free appointment for them to program the RX to my liking (not sure what that really means) lol

It seems you should of gotten 2 keys though. Every new car I've bought in the past always came with at least 2 keys.
Old 01-08-11, 09:10 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baller5x
I only got one key chain and when I asked for one more, the salesperson said company policy is for one keychain. I asked for all weather mats, he said we don't do that. Any idea of what I should do? I want to complaint to corporate for the overall experience being poor.
The freebies you get come from the dealer, not Lexus Corp. You have no basis to complain for things you didn't get. Don't let a $5 key chain, or some floor mats, ruin your purchase experience. Once you sign on the dotted line all they have to provide is what the standard package covers; two key fobs, full documentation (owners manuals) and a tank of gas. If floor mats were important to you you should have made it part of deal before agreeing to it. You have no leverage or right to them after the fact. Sorry.
Old 01-08-11, 09:16 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Got some lexus leather cleaner. No key chains or extra mats...just what was listed on the window sticker otherwise. You have to bargain for that other stuff ahead of time. We didn't think of it so we missed out. Just as well, as we ended up with Weathertech liners and love them.
Old 01-09-11, 06:34 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got 2 key fobs and 2 key chains, along with a free 1st oil change certificate. Every dealer is different as far as throwing in additional all-weather mats, services, etc.
Old 01-09-11, 06:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I received two key fobs in leather cases, key chains and an insulated bag. Plus a good deal

Floor mats are generally part of the accessory package here. When I picked up my RX, the floor mats were recalled so the dealer deducted it from my final cost. Not a problem because I already had the Llyod's RubberTites. And they installed my JDM visors for me.
Old 01-09-11, 02:14 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure this qualifies in this discussion, but at the local arena/concert hall you get el primo parking. Go to my Lexus dealer's web site, register for the event and they send you a parking pass, you print it and put in your window of your Lexus. You park in a reserved, Lexus only area, closest to the front door of the arena. Nice touch when it's 10 degrees below in the winter.
Old 01-09-11, 02:30 PM
Baller5x
Driver School Candidate

I only got one key. When I told my salesperson, I get 2, he said I was wrong. I said ask your manager, he comes back a minute later and says I get one. I got a mat in the car he said that was not supposed to be in there. I told him it is mine because it is on the sticker. He told (more like shouting) me his manager said take it out. He goes inside to put them back, as I go inside to get some water and he asks another salesperson about the mat. The other salesperson says "Of course it is theirs". A minute later he gives them to me without an apology. There is more than just me wanting to complain about not getting freebies. Does anyone have advice when calling corporate?
Old 01-09-11, 02:33 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Baller5x
I only got one key. When I told my salesperson, I get 2, he said I was wrong. I said ask your manager, he comes back a minute later and says I get one. I got a mat in the car he said that was not supposed to be in there. I told him it is mine because it is on the sticker. He told (more like shouting) me his manager said take it out. He goes inside to put them back, as I go inside to get some water and he asks another salesperson about the mat. The other salesperson says "Of course it is theirs". A minute later he gives them to me without an apology. There is more than just me wanting to complain about not getting freebies. Does anyone have advice when calling corporate?
Your dealer is screwing you.
You get two key/fobs.
I've bought many vehicles and never ever got only one key.
Old 01-09-11, 03:23 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree you're getting screwed. You always get 2 keys with a new car and the fight over the mats is just plain ridiculous.

I would call corporate and report them. It's a shame that dealerships are not monitored better by Lexus.
Old 01-09-11, 05:40 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

The carpetted mats were part of one of the packages on mine. It came with two remote "keys". The dealer gave me a Lexus umbrella and a bottle of wine.

I live a little over 40 miles from the dealership but when I need maintenance or a state inspection they bring a new RX to my house and take mine back to do the work. They bring it back when the work is complete.

This is probably the best dealer experience I have had with any of the vehicles that I have ever owned. I bought mine at Bobby Rahal's in Mechanicsburg, PA. Another dealer 60+ miles away near Philadelphia told me that they would do the same thing.

Quick Reply: What do you get with a Lexus?