RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trying to order RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 07:37 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
You're right on this. LED is the exclusive feature for 450h. Edmunds is just lazy and puts all info together.
My Starfire Pearl 450h is due at the port on the 18th. I have a copy of the inventory report with serial number and all of the options much like the window sticker. It lists the lights as 'Bi-Zenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps with AFS and Automatic High Beams $1175.00

I had read about the LED 'Low' beam as standard on the 'h' too but this says nothing about it. I guess I'll find out in about 10 days.
Old 06-11-09, 08:33 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LED is energy efficient and thus part of the 450h?

I have not seen where edmunds posted the 450 option sprices yet--must be waiting for formal intro.

Anyway, when I ordered it with Lux package (not too common) the Lux pkg had all the lighting but the xexon. The dealer had problems bringing that in and the software kept saying it was extra.

system too complex
Old 06-11-09, 08:35 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruiter
My Starfire Pearl 450h is due at the port on the 18th. I have a copy of the inventory report with serial number and all of the options much like the window sticker. It lists the lights as 'Bi-Zenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps with AFS and Automatic High Beams $1175.00

I had read about the LED 'Low' beam as standard on the 'h' too but this says nothing about it. I guess I'll find out in about 10 days.

JIm--when did you get the VIN and copy of inventory report--right after it was ordered, or just before or just after the build date? It is my understanding you get the VIN when they schedule the build.
Old 06-11-09, 08:46 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LED is only equiped on 450h for sure. But it seems US Lexus provides 2 lighting options for 450h, Bi-Xenon HID headlamps or LED headlamps.

Again JDM 450h has LED as the only option.
Old 06-12-09, 03:25 AM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by Hal56
JIm--when did you get the VIN and copy of inventory report--right after it was ordered, or just before or just after the build date? It is my understanding you get the VIN when they schedule the build.
Actually I didn't order it per-se. About a month ago, when the dealer letter came out, I gave a deposit for either the 1st AWD or FWD with one of my four color choices as I knew then the cars would come fairly equipped. It just turned out that Starfire Pearl was my 1st color choice. This car was allocated somewhere according to the inventory report because it showed the dealer # had been changed in route. The dealer had made a trade for me while the car was en-route.

I guess I started something there because now the 'only' one arriving this month (mine) has several pins w/deposits (like many dealers, in the sales mgr office, there is an inventory board with on hand and arriving cars) around it, all with deposits in-case I blink. My salesman is staying one henpecked and nervous fellow. I was just the 1st to give an order w/cash involved.

I used to be in the business. Something for you to remember in your dealings on cars not there yet. Cash is always king re: orders or who is 1st on allocated cars.

Last edited by Cruiter; 06-12-09 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-12-09, 05:21 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Jim, I put a deposit down months ago--that put me in line for a right of first refusal on cars coming in. Turns out the way they are building them, I did not want the configuration.

Since this was unknown until very recently (Lexus knew but did not tell) I then special ordered so it turns out I really did not get any preference except I was given a heads up the day after the dealer found out about the two configurations.

as it turns out I probably will have to wait about 6 weeks longer than having the first one in my area--we get the car we want incl the luxury package and no rear entertainment--no reason to pay 2k for somehting I do not need or want.
Old 06-12-09, 11:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LED is only equiped on 450h for sure. But it seems US Lexus provides 2 lighting options for 450h, Bi-Xenon HID headlamps or LED headlamps.

correct, both US and Canada RX450h have 2 lighting options. but LED is only available on package C (ultra premium package); package A (standard package) and package B (Touring Package) comes only in HID - at least in Canada anyways.
Old 06-13-09, 12:34 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal56
Jim, I put a deposit down months ago--that put me in line for a right of first refusal on cars coming in. Turns out the way they are building them, I did not want the configuration.

Since this was unknown until very recently (Lexus knew but did not tell) I then special ordered so it turns out I really did not get any preference except I was given a heads up the day after the dealer found out about the two configurations.

as it turns out I probably will have to wait about 6 weeks longer than having the first one in my area--we get the car we want incl the luxury package and no rear entertainment--no reason to pay 2k for somehting I do not need or want.
I agree with you, paying $2K for something I don't want, a non producing assets which will depreciate anyway, is stupid. I cannot get over people willing to take whatever Lexus will give them. What really surprises me is how many people want to be the first in their neighborhood to drive a new RX. I'm probably in the younger group to drive an RX and that mind set is foreign to me, besides we are talking about an RX, a grocery getter, not a drop head Rolls-Royce.
Old 06-13-09, 01:18 PM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by DNC
I agree with you, paying $2K for something I don't want, a non producing assets which will depreciate anyway, is stupid. I cannot get over people willing to take whatever Lexus will give them. What really surprises me is how many people want to be the first in their neighborhood to drive a new RX. I'm probably in the younger group to drive an RX and that mind set is foreign to me, besides we are talking about an RX, a grocery getter, not a drop head Rolls-Royce.
I understand your point, and I understand Hal's too. It's not that I had to have the 1st one, but the way Lexus is building the early allocations (moderately well equipped), and with the high demand on them coupled with the low numbers of actual availability, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me to accept the one I'm getting. And it turns out one of the features that was desirable to me is now standard on the 450h (VDIM). My thinking is if I ordered, it might have to come on Santa's sleigh. So, bird in the bush, two in the hand theory. Hey, inside of 10 days or so, I'll be driving it with my Retired U S Navy tag on the back and midnight hours in the garage trying to figure everything out and program radio etc.

I am having trouble though deciphering the options and pricing. For instance, one of my options is the comfort package for $825 that includes the HID lights with AFS. But another option on my inventory report is the same lights for $1175. I'm sure though this will get sorted out.

But with my 1st choice in color, the Nav system, comfort package, and premium package plus an assortment of other options I'm actually pretty happy with it.
Old 06-13-09, 02:34 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand your point, and I understand Hal's too. It's not that I had to have the 1st one, but the way Lexus is building the early allocations (moderately well equipped), and with the high demand on them coupled with the low numbers of actual availability, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me to accept the one I'm getting. And it turns out one of the features that was desirable to me is now standard on the 450h (VDIM). My thinking is if I ordered, it might have to come on Santa's sleigh. So, bird in the bush, two in the hand theory. Hey, inside of 10 days or so, I'll be driving it with my Retired U S Navy tag on the back and midnight hours in the garage trying to figure everything out and program radio etc.

I am having trouble though deciphering the options and pricing. For instance, one of my options is the comfort package for $825 that includes the HID lights with AFS. But another option on my inventory report is the same lights for $1175. I'm sure though this will get sorted out.

But with my 1st choice in color, the Nav system, comfort package, and premium package plus an assortment of other options I'm actually pretty happy with it.
I am glad you are able to get the VDIM. I think it will give you and your family added protection that is worth the money. I wish we could have gotten that on our RX, but at least we did order the Pre Collision. I believe if Lexus ever gets really serious about safety that will be their last step in matching, if not passing the Germans.
As for the options I am confident you will figure out everything your RX has to offer. I found the one they let us test drive for 3 days to be very user friendly. You will not have any trouble, but if you do I know we will all help figure it out.
Old 06-14-09, 01:40 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

I am 64-so I do not buy green bananas--(thats a joke) but I it means waiting say 6 weeks to ge the car I am ok with that. I have a somewhat strange configuration as I am getting the Luxury package--but no HUD, rear entertain or levinson or accident avoidance.

I would probably have the car within two weeks from now if I was flexible with color and options. My frustration is with Lexus in not communicating till recently how the early cars would be built--and hte dealers for not wantinf to find a way to put in an order earlier--but I found this latter issue to be common among dealers.
Old 06-14-09, 03:15 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct! We specifically ordered ours with LED. The only option that we did not go for was the rear seat entertainment system. As I posted on another thread, it has arrived in Portland, OR and we will have it ready and waiting after we return from a family vacation (flying there on June 26th) on July 6th.