RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trying to order RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-09, 12:57 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
See this link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4561862-post1.html ,
It may be that because the RX sells more units than all their others combined, they're building the 350 in the same manner they plan to build the 450's so as to satisfy the bulk of the market to get it rolling. Then once inventory starts to build and material for other options becomes more readily available, custom ordering will become easier.
Just my 2 cents. My deposit is 1st in line at my dealer for any of four color choices in FWD or AWD which ever comes in 1st. I hope to be driving it by July 4th. Anticipation reigns
Your dealer requires a deposit to order you a car?
Old 06-06-09, 02:34 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
Your dealer requires a deposit to order you a car?
No, the deposit was not required. But from the individual 'I want ones' to the leasing companies, the only way I could assure myself of getting the 1st or one of the 1st early in July was to go the 'deposit is king' rule. It's not an extra fee and the best they can do is try and get my color. I've seen the dealer letter from Lexus (I have a copy of it) and it will be quite some time before actual orders will come in. Best they can do early on is try and get one of my colors in either AWD or FWD. Equipment will be the same respectively for the 1st few months.
Old 06-06-09, 02:43 PM
DNC
Advanced

No, the deposit was not required. But from the individual 'I want ones' to the leasing companies, the only way I could assure myself of getting the 1st or one of the 1st early in July was to go the 'deposit is king' rule. It's not an extra fee and the best they can do is try and get my color. I've seen the dealer letter from Lexus (I have a copy of it) and it will be quite some time before actual orders will come in. Best they can do early on is try and get one of my colors in either AWD or FWD. Equipment will be the same respectively for the 1st few months.
So you did give a deposit? Sorry, I get confused easily.
Old 06-06-09, 02:53 PM
Cruiter

Yes. It was up to me. Hey there are several salespersons there, all hungry. I used to be one several years ago. I can't assure myself I'll be there when the truck unloads and somebody with their check book is standing there or a leasing company that's big buisness say's they have to have it. So I jumped to the front of the line.
Old 06-06-09, 02:59 PM
DNC
Advanced

Yes. It was up to me. Hey there are several salespersons there, all hungry. I used to be one several years ago. I can't assure myself I'll be there when the truck unloads and somebody with their check book is standing there or a leasing company that's big buisness say's they have to have it. So I jumped to the front of the line.
Okay, I see, or at least I think I do.
Old 06-06-09, 08:34 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DOUS
hmmm. here in Ontario, Canada, the top of the line is the Ultra Premium which is I think equivalent to U.S.' Lux package. Our Ultra Premium comes with everything, including VDIM.

IMO. Lux pkg doesn't come with all the features/options, however, many of RX350 with Lux pkg usually equip with prem/navi/comf plus sport and/or entertainment pkg. Therfore, at this moment, if you find the RX350 with Lux pkg in US, it's possible this RX has everything on it.
Old 06-07-09, 02:13 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by rxets
IMO. Lux pkg doesn't come with all the features/options, however, many of RX350 with Lux pkg usually equip with prem/navi/comf plus sport and/or entertainment pkg. Therfore, at this moment, if you find the RX350 with Lux pkg in US, it's possible this RX has everything on it.
Unfortunately this is not the case. The Luxury Package and Sport Package cannot be ordered on the same vehicle, at least not at this time in the US. This is what sparked me to start this thread. We were not able to get the VDIM option on the vehicle we ordered because it is part of the Sport Package. The dealership called everyone they could to try and order our vehicle with the VDIM but were told we would have drop the Luxury Package. The added protect of the VDIM option would have been nice. I don't think 90% of buyers care one bit about safety. I think most people spend more time picking out the color than they do considering safety rating of the vehicle they are buying. This is not the case for us.
Old 06-07-09, 02:35 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

I think its dumb they made it this way, VDIM came stock with 400h and IS350 and the new 09 IS250, I wonder why they can't provide it with other packages on the RX or a stand-alone option?
Old 06-07-09, 02:55 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikez
I think its dumb they made it this way, VDIM came stock with 400h and IS350 and the new 09 IS250, I wonder why they can't provide it with other packages on the RX or a stand-alone option?
Mike, What I don't understand is why they would spend the money with advertisements on TV talking about the VDIM option then place these kinds of limits on it. Aside from VDIM the Sport Package has nothing I want.
The dealership was able to locate an RX on the lot with the options we wanted and color choice, but no Pre Collision System. They ended up doing a search to discover there was not one RX in the US on a lot with the Pre Collision System. No Pre Collision System would be a deal breaker for me so they had to order the RX, which is okay since we don't mind waiting. We have waited months in order to get a better deal since introduction. Being the first in the neighborhood with an RX is not important to us; the savings is important for us. In fact we even ordered the same color of the RX we have now not wanting to attract attention, especially in this economy.
Old 06-07-09, 06:13 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DNC
Unfortunately this is not the case. The Luxury Package and Sport Package cannot be ordered on the same vehicle, at least not at this time in the US. This is what sparked me to start this thread. We were not able to get the VDIM option on the vehicle we ordered because it is part of the Sport Package. The dealership called everyone they could to try and order our vehicle with the VDIM but were told we would have drop the Luxury Package. The added protect of the VDIM option would have been nice. I don't think 90% of buyers care one bit about safety. I think most people spend more time picking out the color than they do considering safety rating of the vehicle they are buying. This is not the case for us.
I think you're right. Wish Lexus USA will provide these choices together in the future.

JDM RX350 AWD has the VDIM as the standard feature, which is equiped with version S (FWD/AWD), version L (FWD/AWD), and version L Air suspension (AWD).

Our Lexus North America made the pretty bad choice.
Old 06-07-09, 06:48 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think ther is either a software problem ( or how it was set up) in the ordering system.

I ordered the 450 AWD with Comfort, luxury, parking asst, nav, remote starter.

I was told I had to get towing, could not get sport suspension (even though through the std 450 and the option packages I got most of the sport package) and the dealer had issues with inputting the headlight system which with either compfrt or luxury (which includes premium) should have the highest end headlight systen standard.

Perhaps they should get the training before the end of June?
Old 06-08-09, 01:11 AM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hal56
I still think ther is either a software problem ( or how it was set up) in the ordering system.

I ordered the 450 AWD with Comfort, luxury, parking asst, nav, remote starter.

I was told I had to get towing, could not get sport suspension (even though through the std 450 and the option packages I got most of the sport package) and the dealer had issues with inputting the headlight system which with either compfrt or luxury (which includes premium) should have the highest end headlight systen standard.

Perhaps they should get the training before the end of June?
I wish it was just a software issue but it isn't. My dealership called everyone they could, even asked if we could order it from Japan, no luck. They were told the ordering system Lexus uses for their dealerships is the bible; there are no exceptions. I fault Lexus, not my dealership. The dealership is the top performing dealership in their zone/area and I have known the GM for six years. He tried hard. It's a shame when you have a customer wanting something and a dealer wanting to sale something, yet Lexus doesn't cooperate. Then factor in they have spent all this money developing and advertising VDIM, yet we cannot buy it. I finally gave up and ordered it without the VDIM. Again, I think most people don't really consider safety so it isn't a pirority with the company in terms of options. At least we will have the Pre Collision System and AWD.
Old 06-08-09, 07:38 PM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by DNC
My dealer called tonight and they managed to get my 1st choice of color, Starfire Pearl as the 1st one coming in about two weeks from now. That got me to reading in the brochure again and unless it's wrong, under sports package in the back, it list's the VDIM option and indicates it is a standard part of the 450h package. Does anyone have any info contrary to that? Mine won't be AWD so I won't have the HID but I'd take whichever came in 1st in one of my color choices.

ANTICIPATION REINS
Old 06-08-09, 07:44 PM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by DNC
I wish it was just a software issue but it isn't. My dealership called everyone they could, even asked if we could order it from Japan, no luck. They were told the ordering system Lexus uses for their dealerships is the bible; there are no exceptions. I fault Lexus, not my dealership. The dealership is the top performing dealership in their zone/area and I have known the GM for six years. He tried hard. It's a shame when you have a customer wanting something and a dealer wanting to sale something, yet Lexus doesn't cooperate. Then factor in they have spent all this money developing and advertising VDIM, yet we cannot buy it. I finally gave up and ordered it without the VDIM. Again, I think most people don't really consider safety so it isn't a pirority with the company in terms of options. At least we will have the Pre Collision System and AWD.
It could always be a printing error but I'm looking at the brochure right now, sports package option which list's the VDIM as part of the package. HOWEVER, it also says "Standard on 450h" in parentheses by VDIM. Could it be that with the integrated electric motors they decided it would be added security with all the torque, or possibly to help reduce noticeable surging w/batteries or both? Either way, if the book is correct, it's good for us.
Old 06-09-09, 12:17 AM
DNC
Advanced

It could always be a printing error but I'm looking at the brochure right now, sports package option which list's the VDIM as part of the package. HOWEVER, it also says "Standard on 450h" in parentheses by VDIM. Could it be that with the integrated electric motors they decided it would be added security with all the torque, or possibly to help reduce noticeable surging w/batteries or both? Either way, if the book is correct, it's good for us.
C, It's getting more complicated with each passing day. The GM sent me an email tonight at 11:00 to say they are now telling him it will be a 3 month wait if we have to have the Pre Collision option. I don't care about the wait but I wish Lexus could make this eaiser for their dealership and customers. The GM told me he is not giving up yet.
You are correct in everything you say about the sales brochure. The problem is they will not allow you to order both the Sport Package and Luxury Package, AND you cannot order the VDIM as a stand alone option with the Luxury Package. I so don't want to go crawling back to the Mercedes camp. We have ordered two RX's before this and never had a problem. Perhaps it's the economy. It's almost like safety really isn't an issue for Lexus. I am glad to hear you are having some luck. Maybe there is hope for Lexus after all.

Quick Reply: Trying to order RX