RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trying to order RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-09, 03:06 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
C, It's getting more complicated with each passing day. The GM sent me an email tonight at 11:00 to say they are now telling him it will be a 3 month wait if we have to have the Pre Collision option. I don't care about the wait but I wish Lexus could make this eaiser for their dealership and customers. The GM told me he is not giving up yet.
You are correct in everything you say about the sales brochure. The problem is they will not allow you to order both the Sport Package and Luxury Package, AND you cannot order the VDIM as a stand alone option with the Luxury Package. I so don't want to go crawling back to the Mercedes camp. We have ordered two RX's before this and never had a problem. Perhaps it's the economy. It's almost like safety really isn't an issue for Lexus. I am glad to hear you are having some luck. Maybe there is hope for Lexus after all.
The way I read the brochure, the VDIM is not a stand alone option on the 450h, it's standard. Am I wrong???
Old 06-09-09, 06:48 AM
psu77
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Press Release when they announced the RX450h pricing they included the paragraph below. Usually the word "available", translates to "option".

Active safety features include the available Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), which governs all of the vehicle’s standard dynamic handling systems – the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) – employing them collectively and seamlessly to make corrections while allowing higher dynamic capability.
Old 06-09-09, 07:17 AM
Cruiter

Default Image worth a thousand words

Originally Posted by psu77
In the Press Release when they announced the RX450h pricing they included the paragraph below. Usually the word "available", translates to "option".

Active safety features include the available Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), which governs all of the vehicle’s standard dynamic handling systems – the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) – employing them collectively and seamlessly to make corrections while allowing higher dynamic capability.
Sometimes I guess I assume (shouldn't do that) everyone automatically knows what I'm jabbering about. Common problem of mine, sorry. Here is a .pdf image of what I'm trying to convey, notice the part that say's "Standard on 450h".
So... Does this mean all 450h's will have this even w/o the sports option? At least I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks when I take delivery on mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VDIM.pdf (46.5 KB, 253 views)
Old 06-09-09, 07:45 AM
Cruiter

Default OK, straight skinny from Lexus Corp via p/c this day

Originally Posted by psu77

I just got off the 800 number to Lexus. On this question they had to transfer me around and I got to a tech by the name of Erin. He said he had to research kind of deep, but yes, all 450h models will have VDIM as a standard safety feature. The brochure is correct in this.
Old 06-09-09, 01:36 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I just got off the 800 number to Lexus. On this question they had to transfer me around and I got to a tech by the name of Erin. He said he had to research kind of deep, but yes, all 450h models will have VDIM as a standard safety feature. The brochure is correct in this.
I think you are right, regarding the H. In our case I am talking about a 350 AWD. It would seem since the VDIM is a safety option and not that expensive, Lexus would just make it standard on all RX models. The entire Sport Package is only $1,300. How much could the VDIM be?,,,$700?? It should at least be part of the Luxury Package too or a stand alone option like Pre Collision.
Old 06-09-09, 01:41 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

this is why the 450h when equiped with comfort and lux pkg does not get sports pkg--it has everything )19 intires wheels and vdim) but teh sport tuned suspension and since its several hundred pounds heavier than 350 the 450 probably has its own specially tuned suspension anyway.
Old 06-09-09, 02:31 PM
DNC
Advanced

I really appreciate the relationship we have with the dealership but I am afraid Lexus is losing sight of our needs. We could get rear entertainment on any RX and any kind of wheels, but safety features are a problem. I don't think we are their target customers any longer.
Old 06-09-09, 04:24 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DNC
I really appreciate the relationship we have with the dealership but I am afraid Lexus is losing sight of our needs. We could get rear entertainment on any RX and any kind of wheels, but safety features are a problem. I don't think we are their target customers any longer.
I am afraid Lexus botched this intro of the 450 and perhaps the 350. The dealers do not know whats going on, the configurations have conflicts. The first couple of months shipped come in only two configurations as they saw fit.

Not as smooth as one would expect from Lexus--

I am now resolving the final issues with my BMW--yesterday took a test drive in my car withthe two top guys in service so they could hear the rattles and see how hte comfort access does not work--by golly, they were surprised.

They now say its almost fixed--it was almost like the American car dealer service--its suppossed to work that way
Old 06-09-09, 08:30 PM
JDM1114
Driver School Candidate

Is it time to give up on the 450rx-H coming in the next month or two???

.. i cant find anything other than the original press release.. the dealerships in NYC are clueless and there is nothing on the site... Time to go shopping for the X5???
Old 06-09-09, 09:10 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Sometimes I guess I assume (shouldn't do that) everyone automatically knows what I'm jabbering about. Common problem of mine, sorry. Here is a .pdf image of what I'm trying to convey, notice the part that say's "Standard on 450h".
So... Does this mean all 450h's will have this even w/o the sports option? At least I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks when I take delivery on mine.
You will never know. There are a few errors/mistakes on the brochure already. It may be wrong again. Lexus plays the poker game and seems to get the upper hand this time.

Btw, VDIM is the standard for JDM RX 350/450h.
Old 06-09-09, 10:12 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by rxets

Btw, VDIM is the standard for JDM RX 350/450h.
Tell me again, what's JDM? I cannot remember where.
Old 06-09-09, 10:32 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DNC
Tell me again, what's JDM? I cannot remember where.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_domestic_market

FYI.

JDM vehicles often differ in features and equipment from vehicles sold elsewhere.

The term's most common application is to Japanese-brand automobiles built specifically for the Japanese market.
Old 06-10-09, 11:15 AM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by rxets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_domestic_market

FYI.

JDM vehicles often differ in features and equipment from vehicles sold elsewhere.

The term's most common application is to Japanese-brand automobiles built specifically for the Japanese market.
I remembered when I got up this morning what JDM stood for. It was early morning hours when I read the post last night. My brain was asleep although I wasn't.
The dealership had even asked if it was possible for us to order the car from Japan. This must be why.
Old 06-11-09, 04:58 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal56
ie--I ordered the lux package and was told the led lights were required but extra--I did not see that in edmunds but it will be interesting to see how car comes in. we negotiated price based on a percentage off sticker. I wanted 10% off--they did not want to discount.
according to my canadian 2010 RX price list i got from my local dealer, the led headlights are only available for the 450h - and only with the fully loaded package C (includes ML audio, nav, etc).
Old 06-11-09, 05:55 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hal56
the lexus ordering software on the rx seems to have glitches.

ie--I ordered the lux package and was told the led lights were required but extra--I did not see that in edmunds but it will be interesting to see how car comes in. we negotiated price based on a percentage off sticker. I wanted 10% off--they did not want to discount.

They came back with .5% I came back with 9. They went to 1% and said it was final unless I wanted to wait til late fall when they might discount the Hybrid which they said would be in short supply.
Originally Posted by Stormforge
according to my canadian 2010 RX price list i got from my local dealer, the led headlights are only available for the 450h - and only with the fully loaded package C (includes ML audio, nav, etc).
You're right on this. LED is the exclusive feature for 450h. Edmunds is just lazy and puts all info together.

Quick Reply: Trying to order RX