RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Side Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 05:33 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Folding Mirrors

Okay, so I was watching the "How to Videos" on the Lexus.com knowledge base page, specifically the mirror video. During the narration they said that on the door mounted mirror controls the upper right button folds in the mirrors. I thought this feature was available only with the Lux package? The video did not say this was an optional feature.

My questions to current 2010 RX350 drivers:

1) Do you have the upper right button that folds the side mirrors? What packages do you have if you do?

2) If the upper right button does not fold the mirrors, than what button do you have in that spot?
Old 04-10-09, 05:53 PM
kiddofun
Driver School Candidate

I think it does only come on the lux package. My upper buttons are blank.
Old 04-10-09, 08:04 PM
stevemcb
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the lux pax and the top right closes the mirror when you push it and the top left auto button closes the mirrors when you lock the car if you turn it on.

Last edited by stevemcb; 04-11-09 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-11-09, 07:53 AM
Sungkyo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont remember what package I have but that button on mine folds and unfolds the side mirrors.
Old 04-13-09, 10:16 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

That is a very neat little function.......when it can auto fold for you. I wish they have that on the GS.
Old 04-14-09, 05:39 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

People on the GS board have been complaining for years about the lack of a auto folding mirror button, I guess Lexus do read these forums.
Old 04-14-09, 11:56 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
People on the GS board have been complaining for years about the lack of a auto folding mirror button, I guess Lexus do read these forums.
I doubt Lexus really pays attention to these opinions. They always plan the details differently. For example, Lexus said they don't want to mess the look of RX because so many customers like how it looks. I don't know how Lexus got this data and info, and how to determine which features are more important to the customers.

I'd like to get this auto-folding feature installed, and my vendor mentioned to me that there is only 1% '10RX350 having this feature in NE. Although it can come with the individual installation, it's hard to find this feature installed on any vehicle without the lux package.
Old 04-14-09, 01:55 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

In a few months order the car the way you want it. . Then in 4 months you have a car that was made just for you with what all the things you would like in it. As time goes on the prace will come down as more are on the lot setting . We did our 05 at the end of Oct 04 and got the car the frist of March 05 but at a price that work for us and with what we ned in it and the color we like.
Old 04-14-09, 02:01 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by billy44bo
In a few months order the car the way you want it. . Then in 4 months you have a car that was made just for you with what all the things you would like in it. As time goes on the prace will come down as more are on the lot setting . We did our 05 at the end of Oct 04 and got the car the frist of March 05 but at a price that work for us and with what we ned in it and the color we like.
I do talk this option with the dealer, but I'm wondering if I can get the good discount out of MSRP when placing an order on the model I want. Actually, I'm just very interested in auto-folding outsides mirrors and HUD... If I cannot find them, I still can live without them...
Old 04-14-09, 06:26 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

NEVER get a car at MSRP which is a load of crap. We are going to get a 450rx next year after they work out any problems out with everything in it . I'm just very interested in auto-folding outsides mirrors and HUD also
Old 04-14-09, 07:09 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by billy44bo
NEVER get a car at MSRP which is a load of crap. We are going to get a 450rx next year after they work out any problems out with everything in it . I'm just very interested in auto-folding outsides mirrors and HUD also
Down in South (FL or TX), (if my memory is correct) I saw some ppl easily got teh full-loads '10RX, including lux packages. You should have no problems of locating this type of RX. If you're looking for RX450, the top line of RX series, I guess Lexus may make it as part of "default" setup.
Old 04-20-09, 06:54 PM
snow001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rets94
I'd like to get this auto-folding feature installed, and my vendor mentioned to me that there is only 1% '10RX350 having this feature in NE. Although it can come with the individual installation, it's hard to find this feature installed on any vehicle without the lux package.
I am getting the same story from my dealer. That to get this feature as well as others that I want (19" tires, glass sensor, remote start) I have to get the luxury package and that even if I want to get that, only 1% of the vehicles shipped have these.

I guess I just have to order the vehicle and features that I want and wait
Old 04-20-09, 07:12 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

yes.. order and wait the month or two.. Thats what I'm doing... still waiting.... any time now...
Old 04-20-09, 07:29 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by snow001
I am getting the same story from my dealer. That to get this feature as well as others that I want (19" tires, glass sensor, remote start) I have to get the luxury package and that even if I want to get that, only 1% of the vehicles shipped have these.

I guess I just have to order the vehicle and features that I want and wait
You don't have to.

However, as DOUS have suggested, you could order it and wait if you want.

However, except the 19" tires, other 2 features can be obtained from varied dealers. Please try it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post4453491
Old 04-20-09, 07:43 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

I am really surprised at how so many other regions are not getting the 19"s.

I have yet to see one WITHOUT 19"s.

Quick Reply: Side Folding Mirrors