RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

electrical Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 06:45 PM
roccodog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool electrical Problems.

Needed a new battery. Battery was put in by AAA on 09/04/17 all systems checked out no problems. Tonight my wife tells me this morning all windows except the drivers side would NOT go down being controlled from the drivers side door controls. Tonight upon testing the drivers side door controls only operate the drivers side window and rear left side window. Front passengers and rear passenger window will not go down via drivers control but all work individually on there own controls. Is this because of the battery change?
Old 09-05-17, 09:25 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Whenever the battery cables are disconnected and the car has no power, you will need to do a window relearn.

Here is a link on how to do it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2...nctioning.html
Old 02-17-19, 08:42 AM
dtlexowner
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue with the windows not working from the drivers side controls, only the driver window up/down but the button needs to be held, the auto feature doesn't work. However, I'm also having issues with the window lock not working, the auto fold mirrors not working and I can't adjust the mirrors.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...dow-issue.html
Old 02-17-19, 09:56 AM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 02-17-19, 10:00 AM
dtlexowner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Audiqv8
Battery was not disconnected and doesn't appear to show any signs of being a weak battery. Meter shows 12v, not sure how else to test/confirm the battery, further. There are other issues other than the power windows (see thread for specifics) and moonroof works fine.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-19, 10:08 AM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Did you follow the instruction and do a reset? Go to each door and roll the window pass halfway, now roll the window back up and keep holding the switch for 2 seconds after the window is all the way up. You will need a copy of Techstream to see the module for the doors locking or a visit to a local Lexus dealership.

Last edited by Audiqv8; 02-17-19 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-17-19, 10:28 AM
dtlexowner
Driver School Candidate

Did you follow the instruction and do a reset? Go to each door and roll the window pass halfway, now roll the window back up and keep holding the switch for 2 seconds after the window is all the way up.
Not that specific youtube video, but I did try a reset procedure that I read about while initially diagnosing this issue before I ordered a replacement module from ebay. I will try the steps in that video, thanks. None of the reset procedures I saw talked about the window lock not working and mirror control not working. I realize not all models have those features, that could be why it isn't heavily discussed in the window reset process.

You will need a copy of Techstream to see the module for the doors locking or a visit to a local Lexus dealership.
I'm not sure what Techstream is. If the owner decides to take it to the dealer, that is up to them.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-19, 10:51 AM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Default What year/generation Lexus RX are you trying to fix?

Originally Posted by dtlexowner
Not that specific youtube video, but I did try a reset procedure that I read about while initially diagnosing this issue before I ordered a replacement module from ebay. I will try the steps in that video, thanks. None of the reset procedures I saw talked about the window lock not working and mirror control not working. I realize not all models have those features, that could be why it isn't heavily discussed in the window reset process.

I'm not sure what Techstream is. If the owner decides to take it to the dealer, that is up to them.

Thanks.
What year/generation Lexus RX are you trying to fix? I see that you posted in rx300 1st generation, rx330/rx350 2nd generation, rx350 3rd generation. The instruction I gave you is for the 1st and 2nd generation. For the 3rd generation, you will have to lower the windows all the way down and keep holding the switch for about 5 seconds and then afterward roll the window all the way up and keep holding for 3 seconds. Even though the sunroof does move it is supposed to open or close with one touch.

Techstream is the software used by Lexus/Toyota to diagnose error codes from all the module in the car. You can also use it to customize setting like locking and unlocking the door(s) when place in Park or Drive. I see that you tried to replace the driverside control module.
Old 02-17-19, 10:55 AM
dtlexowner
Driver School Candidate

What year/generation Lexus RX are you trying to fix? I see that you posted in rx300 1st generation, rx330/rx350 2nd generation, rx350 3rd generation. The instruction I gave you is for the 1st and 2nd generation. For the 3rd generation, you will have to lower the windows all the way down and keep holding the switch for about 5 seconds and then afterward roll the window all the way up and keep holding for 3 seconds. Even though the sunroof does move it is supposed to open or close with one touch.

Techstream is the software used by Lexus/Toyota to diagnose error codes from all the module in the car. You can also use it to customize setting like locking and unlocking the door(s) when place in Park or Drive. I see that you tried to replace the driverside control module.

RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) is what I'm working on.

I will retry the procedure you mentioned that is specific to 3rd gen, thanks.

edit- I just re-tried the procedure, it still isn't working. The sunroof one-touch buttons to work, after initial press, I can let go of the sunroof open button and it proceeds to open on its own, same with closing.

Last edited by dtlexowner; 02-17-19 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-17-19, 01:49 PM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dtlexowner
RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) is what I'm working on.

I will retry the procedure you mentioned that is specific to 3rd gen, thanks.

edit- I just re-tried the procedure, it still isn't working. The sunroof one-touch buttons to work, after initial press, I can let go of the sunroof open button and it proceeds to open on its own, same with closing.
"I just re-tried the procedure, it still isn't working." You have to be more specific. You stated earlier that it wasn't just the windows not working, but sunroof, door locks, mirrors. Did you replace the used eBay driver control module with the original? Did you verify that the module is an exact replacement? Did you also use the reset procedure of the driver side door? Sound like the sunroof is operating as intended. I would suggest that you take it to a Lexus dealership if it is still under warranty.
Old 02-17-19, 03:41 PM
dtlexowner
Driver School Candidate

"I just re-tried the procedure, it still isn't working." You have to be more specific. You stated earlier that it wasn't just the windows not working, but sunroof, door locks, mirrors. Did you replace the used eBay driver control module with the original? Did you verify that the module is an exact replacement? Did you also use the reset procedure of the driver side door? Sound like the sunroof is operating as intended. I would suggest that you take it to a Lexus dealership if it is still under warranty.
If it was under warranty, I wouldn't be working on the issue.

I put the original module back in since I am experiencing the same issue with the part from ebay. Yes, the part number matches.

I re-tried the procedure for the 3rd gen rx and it did not fix the issue. Window down, hold button for 5 seconds, window up hold button for 2 seconds.

Thanks.