RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

saw something weird the other day

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 06:23 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Default saw something weird the other day

ok so I work in the service drive of a big dealership so I get to see all kinds of interesting stuff. im an LS guy but saw something that I gotta share with you guys.. unfortunately wasn't able to snap pics didn't have time..

it was a second gen RX, 2007ish, with factory air suspension!!! only one ive ever seen and even most of the guys here haven't seen one. this has gotta be a stupidly rare option. really wish I had the pics to show you. anyone else ever see this??? wild stuff!
Old 01-27-16, 06:43 AM
Cathy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stereorob
ok so I work in the service drive of a big dealership so I get to see all kinds of interesting stuff. im an LS guy but saw something that I gotta share with you guys.. unfortunately wasn't able to snap pics didn't have time..

it was a second gen RX, 2007ish, with factory air suspension!!! only one ive ever seen and even most of the guys here haven't seen one. this has gotta be a stupidly rare option. really wish I had the pics to show you. anyone else ever see this??? wild stuff!
how are you sure its factory air and not aftermarket air?
Old 01-27-16, 06:52 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

positive. it was confirmed that it was factory air ride. looked up its specs on TIS doing a vin check. (youd be surprised what you can find out about your car on there its pretty cool) Im thinking it was special order. btw it had pretty much every single option that was available on that car at the time
Old 01-27-16, 06:53 AM
HtownBlue
Lead Lap

Received 63 Likes on 17 Posts

I had one before I sold it. Came with factory air suspension. True fact.
Old 01-27-16, 06:57 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HtownBlue
I had one before I sold it. Came with factory air suspension. True fact.
my god there cant be many of these. glad someone else here can back me up on this. ive never had an RX and prob never will, but this was just too cool not to share. what year was yours? ive seen a few cloth seat sunroof delete ones which are pretty rare too, but the factory air ride takes the cake.
Old 01-27-16, 07:11 AM
HtownBlue
Lead Lap

Received 63 Likes on 17 Posts

my god there cant be many of these. glad someone else here can back me up on this. ive never had an RX and prob never will, but this was just too cool not to share. what year was yours? ive seen a few cloth seat sunroof delete ones which are pretty rare too, but the factory air ride takes the cake.
Mine was a 2004. I can even post a pic of the old air struts if people don't believe me. I had a set I took off and replaced. I kept them because I read you could replace the leaking bag. Forgot that I hadn't thrown them out until I read this thread.
Old 01-27-16, 07:04 PM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's another thread about the air suspension. Notice the different shifter gate it came with too...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...uspension.html
Old 01-27-16, 10:37 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I once detailed one. An elderly man ordered his RX with every option for the most part. The pin striping, clear bra, etc. also pretty sure someone nearby has one with it. There RX is much lower than mine, and they don't appear to be an enthusiast of any kind.
Old 01-28-16, 06:08 AM
Savnout
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got a 2004 RX330 for my wife and going through the factory owners manual in glove compartment noticed that factory air ride button...unfortunately oura does not have it...but it even says in manual if your going through a creek or high water to raise shocks to highest level!! Lol...can u imagine going 4x4in in your RX330 AWD...lol...straight to the mud pits..
Old 01-28-16, 08:10 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Savnout
unfortunately oura does not have it...
You might not consider it unfortunate if you look into repair costs.
Old 01-28-16, 08:53 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^And the height difference between highest and lowest setting was barely an inch. It hardly moved.

Never had an issue on my 330 with the air suspension. It's part of the performance package. Only 5% of RXs came equipped that way. I left it on so it lowered every time I turned off the RX and opened the door. There was a distinct noise when that happened. In the link NVAKeith provided are pictures of the buttons from mine. Otherwise I didn't play with it. I bought PP for the sequential transmission, special 18" wheels and AFS. Bonus, it didn't come with a wood steering wheel or shifter.
Old 01-28-16, 01:23 PM
Savnout
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by takeshi74
You might not consider it unfortunate if you look into repair costs.
Yeah seems every service on these Lexus's is outrageous... Even a simple tune up can cost major $.

Not sure as to why, Cadillac dosent charge 5x's as much to repair a Yukon as apposed to an Escalade. I mean, do know why, because its a luxury vehicle your driving, you can afford it. GM does not charge quite as much....
Old 01-28-16, 04:17 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The AIRS suspension is rare and I looked at buying an imported one here in Australia a while back. Only problem was all japanese controls, buttons etc. Look for "Toyota Harrier AIRS" on Google. A rare option but mostly in Japan.