RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Accessing RX 400H Foglights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 11:46 AM
ej20child
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessing RX 400H Foglights?

One of the bulbs went out on our RX400H and I wanted to see if there is a way to access the fog light bulbs to change them without taking off the front bumper? Also, I heard that the fog lights are a H11 but other sources say its a 9006, can anybody else confirm? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-20-09, 01:23 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, I have H11 bulbs on my 06 RX400h. All you need to do is remove the 4 taps on the top of the front bumper, regardless of which side your bulb went out, pull out a little bit of the wheel well cover and loosen up the bolts that hold the bumper in place. Once that is done, all you need to do is pull the bumper out a bit and you should be able to access to the bulb and replace the bad one.
Old 03-15-15, 01:13 PM
rockylava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mowmow
Yup, I have H11 bulbs on my 06 RX400h. All you need to do is remove the 4 taps on the top of the front bumper, regardless of which side your bulb went out, pull out a little bit of the wheel well cover and loosen up the bolts that hold the bumper in place. Once that is done, all you need to do is pull the bumper out a bit and you should be able to access to the bulb and replace the bad one.
This sounds easy, but I'm a bit afraid of releasing the bumper. It has the headlight washers. Can you share a diagram or video? I'm pretty tech savvy and have not found anything close to what you describe. I H11 80W LEDs to replace it. I've done the 9005's, interior, door & DRL tiny bulb thing which is kinda odd in itself.

Thank you
Rob
Old 03-16-15, 11:29 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't worry about the headlight washers...They are connected with a rubber hose and it has plenty of slack and flexibility.
Old 03-16-15, 12:19 PM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by rockylava
This sounds easy, but I'm a bit afraid of releasing the bumper. It has the headlight washers. Can you share a diagram or video? I'm pretty tech savvy and have not found anything close to what you describe. I H11 80W LEDs to replace it. I've done the 9005's, interior, door & DRL tiny bulb thing which is kinda odd in itself.

Thank you
Rob
For the LEDs, can you post which brand your going with and also post before and after pics of what they look like when there on at night? Also I'd like to know if you need resistor's to trick the car in thinking it hasn't blown a bulb? Thanks.

I've been wanting to get some powerful LEDs for a while but I am afraid that they wont light the road enough for me. Which is why I went with Sylvania's XLT for my (RX) daytime running/high beams which are super bright, BTW.

Last edited by LexusLadi; 03-16-15 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-17-15, 05:48 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLadi
For the LEDs, can you post which brand your going with and also post before and after pics of what they look like when there on at night? Also I'd like to know if you need resistor's to trick the car in thinking it hasn't blown a bulb? Thanks.

I've been wanting to get some powerful LEDs for a while but I am afraid that they wont light the road enough for me. Which is why I went with Sylvania's XLT for my (RX) daytime running/high beams which are super bright, BTW.
I have been using superbrights LEDs in my daughter's Nissan Pathfinder and the Lexus. I am very happy with the intensity of the light they produce. Here's the website https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Btw, in the Lexus I installed license plate LEDs, the miniature bulb in the front headlights DLR, halogen LED, High beam, I haven't had time to do the turn signals. I do not have the before pic but I am going to take the after pic. The RX330 looks pretty cools as I have HIDs. I haven't had a need to install resistors so far. I know that in order to replace the turn signals I have to replace the flasher otherwise I am going to get the super fast blinking. If you have any questions send a PM or post in this site.
Old 03-17-15, 07:04 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by robbyk
I have been using superbrights LEDs in my daughter's Nissan Pathfinder and the Lexus. I am very happy with the intensity of the light they produce. Here's the website https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Btw, in the Lexus I installed license plate LEDs, the miniature bulb in the front headlights DLR, halogen LED, High beam, I haven't had time to do the turn signals. I do not have the before pic but I am going to take the after pic. The RX330 looks pretty cools as I have HIDs. I haven't had a need to install resistors so far. I know that in order to replace the turn signals I have to replace the flasher otherwise I am going to get the super fast blinking. If you have any questions send a PM or post in this site.
Thanks for the post. I someone else recommended this site to me once before. Wow, they have everything you can imagine! I will look into doing them my only concern is that I would like to be able to return them if I don't like the way they performer. I might also buy some interior led strips and do something to my living room/ outdoor deck.

As for your turn signals yeah you will definitely need to install resistors on each one of them. It will involve splicing etc. I installed switchback's in a SUV that I used to own. They were pretty awesome. The only thing I would suggest is crimping/ soldering the wires permanently together. Switchbacks stay on white/blue and blink amber. Which is the way to go and is totally legal BTW, not to mention MUCH safer for other drivers on the road. http://www.vleds.com/3157ck-42-hv-wa-5k.html

Old 03-17-15, 09:02 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not know that once I had a problem with one of my LED Fog light, returned it and credited back to my account ASAP. I remember purchasing a new one because I liked the look so much.
Not sure what the return policy is if you do not like the look. So far I liked all of the ones I have purchased from their site.

Let me know if we are allowed to return LEDs we do not like.
Old 03-18-15, 01:30 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rockylava

Thank you
Rob
Here is the thread I wrote a few years ago about removing the front bumper

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...fog-light.html

by the way, I have supercharged ballasts 65watt ballasts on each side on my RX along with 2x65Watt on a bixeon and 2x75watt to make it a 6 projector setup at night total of 410Watt of light at night time

Last edited by mowmow; 03-18-15 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-23-15, 10:22 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by robbyk
I do not know that once I had a problem with one of my LED Fog light, returned it and credited back to my account ASAP. I remember purchasing a new one because I liked the look so much.
Not sure what the return policy is if you do not like the look. So far I liked all of the ones I have purchased from their site.

Let me know if we are allowed to return LEDs we do not like.
You can return for any reason within 30 days.