RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Some mods done to the RX330

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-05, 01:07 PM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Ck6Speed, hope I can get a chance to see it when I go to HI in October.. It will give me more ideas for more mods besides the do-it-yourself chrome grill.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155925

How do you feel about the ride? bouncier?
Old 07-12-05, 01:22 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edfrsd
Hey Ck6Speed, hope I can get a chance to see it when I go to HI in October.. It will give me more ideas for more mods besides the do-it-yourself chrome grill.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155925

How do you feel about the ride? bouncier?
Just let me know when you are headed this way. I'm on Oahu by the way.
Old 07-12-05, 01:28 PM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Just let me know when you are headed this way. I'm on Oahu by the way.
Great.. we are actually going to go to the Polynesian Cultural center for a Luau.. on Oct 22 or 23.. I'll get more info.

-ed
Old 07-12-05, 01:55 PM
onzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi CK6Speed - could you say where you obtained those running boards from ? They look very nice - Over here in the UK there's no such option from Lexus - are they Lexus or aftermarket, and was there any drilling involved when fitting them ?

Many Thanks
Onz
Old 07-12-05, 02:14 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by onzo
Hi CK6Speed - could you say where you obtained those running boards from ? They look very nice - Over here in the UK there's no such option from Lexus - are they Lexus or aftermarket, and was there any drilling involved when fitting them ?

Many Thanks
Onz
The running boards are aftermarket. I actually bought them from ebay; however, it was being sold on ebay (Even as we speak) by Sewell Lexus (Darrel) who is fairly well known here on CL. Through the ebay auction the running boards will come painted to your color car. If you buy it directly through Sewell, I'm not sure if they will paint it for you for free or if you will have to pay extra or paint it yourself. I won the auction at something like $488 so for just a llittle over $500 shipped it was painted and ready to install. Oh, these are not OEM Toyota/Lexus parts but made by a 3rpd party company called ATS Designs I believe. Fitment is near OEM quaility and I had no trouble fitting and installing it. You do have to drill on the pinch weld seam and also on the main frame rails to mount the L brackets. The instructions are good enough and as long as you have a good sharp drill bit it should not be hard at all. I was using titanium drill bits so it was no problem for me
Old 07-13-05, 02:38 PM
onzo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for that CK6Speed - found them on ebay - they're selling them at a starting bit of about 1/2 the price on their web site - painted. Need to find out what the total for shipping and customs to the UK might come to as I suspect it would be a "large" package
Old 07-15-05, 04:46 PM
r.maestas
Driver

ED!!!!

whats up man? long time no see...check out our new ride courtesy of ryan...

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259442

rolo
Old 08-06-05, 10:05 AM
ppmyip
Driver School Candidate

Never thought of there's easy way of getting the roof rack away when I purchase mine, I end up going with the multi-panel roof one, since the sales person told me that I can't special order one without it, and the package offered in Canada is so limited.

Patrick
Old 08-06-05, 11:44 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great!

I would lose those side steps and replace with the chrome ones or leave them off all together---Thats just me.
Old 03-07-06, 09:34 PM
anulex
Pole Position

Here is a pic with the Lexus logo center cap.

[/QUOTE]
dude i have those same wheels. where did u get the lexus logos to fit your TSWs?

Last edited by anulex; 03-07-06 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 10:35 PM
sharpener
Driver

mean RX u got there ck6, i really like ur rims. im using TRD's spring and absorbers, so far so good
www.cardomain.com/ride/2255812
Old 03-08-06, 02:43 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=anulex]
dude i have those same wheels. where did u get the lexus logos to fit your TSWs?
QUOTE]
I used the OEM Lexus cap that came off my RX330 rims. The diameter is slightly smaller, but it is large enough to snap in and not pop out. It doesn't lock into place though as you can spin it around if you wanted to. Otherwise it is nearly a perfect fit
Old 03-08-06, 02:45 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sharpener
mean RX u got there ck6, i really like ur rims. im using TRD's spring and absorbers, so far so good
www.cardomain.com/ride/2255812
I like the red/clear tails and the mirror turn signals. Those were two mods I wanted to do as well. I'll probably sell the RX later this year so it don't think I'll do any more modifications at this time. Too bad though, I had some good ideas I wanted to do on the RX. I was thinking of getting the Wald Sports kit as well.
Old 03-08-06, 08:17 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

are you using the tire pressure sensors in the new wheels?
Old 03-08-06, 08:29 AM
sharpener
Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I like the red/clear tails and the mirror turn signals. Those were two mods I wanted to do as well. I'll probably sell the RX later this year so it don't think I'll do any more modifications at this time. Too bad though, I had some good ideas I wanted to do on the RX. I was thinking of getting the Wald Sports kit as well.
wald kit is nice, so sad to hear u selling off the rx, wat car do u have in mind?
wat are the things tat u actually wan to do on the rx? could u pls let me know? @ least then i have something to mod to

Quick Reply: Some mods done to the RX330