RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Some mods done to the RX330

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 11:20 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Some mods done to the RX330

I installed some Eibach springs and 20x8.5 +20 offset rims on the RX330. Tires are 255/50/20. They just fit in the rear and there is no rubbing even with the mild Eibach drop. You can see how much room I had to spare in the rear in the pics below. I also started installing the A/V gear. The headunit is an Alpine IVA-D300 with an Apline PXA-H700 below it. This is mounted in the Toyota Harrier OEM optional trim panel. I still need to locte or fabricte a trim face to go around the D300 and PXA. The D300 is a trouch screen in dash LCD monitor with DVD. It also accepts a reverse camera. The PXA-H700 is a Dolby Digial/DTS/Time alignment/Parametric or Graphic EQ. It can accept the fiber optic audio signal from the D300, PS2, and Alpine CHA-S624 CD changer. In each headrest is an Alpine TME-M770 touch screen monitor. Video also goes through an Alpine VPE-S431 explansion unit/switcher. This unit adds 3 extra A/V inputs and give me the ability to route any video source to any monitor independently. That means each passanger can view their own source and the rear monitors have built in speakers or the ability to use headphones. I also have a Sony PS2 and a separate Pyle DVD player. That makes 3 DVD sources. I'll probably dump the Pyle DVD player and add the Alpine TV tuner instead though. That is all I was able to get done so far.

Here is a pic with the Lexus logo center cap.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 07-10-05 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-08-05, 11:27 PM
jylo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Very nice

I've always thought a wider stance RX will look nice. The stock wheels make the car look top-heavy from some angles. Do you have pics of the car facing directly at the back and the front?

nice!
Old 07-08-05, 11:37 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jylo
I've always thought a wider stance RX will look nice. The stock wheels make the car look top-heavy from some angles. Do you have pics of the car facing directly at the back and the front?

nice!
I can take one later. But I can say the +20 offset in the rear is just about perfect. The rim itself sits just inside the fender, but since the tire has side wall bulge it end up being almost flush. Now, the front on the other hand sticks out about 1/8' over all. The rim itsef sits flush with the fender, but because of the tire side wall bulge the tire itself sticks out about that 1/8". I would have prefered a +30 offset up front. In fact, from my measurements I could run a +40 offset up front and it would have enough backspace.
Old 07-09-05, 05:44 AM
legendary
Racer

looking good Chris!
Old 07-09-05, 12:57 PM
cantsleepnk
Driver

Very Nice CK6speed. How's the the ride with the Eibachs ?
I was thinking about getting a set myself but was afraid the ride would be too stiff.
Old 07-10-05, 04:29 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jylo

nice!
Here are some front and back pics.

Old 07-10-05, 06:22 PM
jylo
Driver School Candidate

thanks for posting that up. that looks great! nice dvd setup btw!
Old 07-10-05, 07:06 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cantsleepnk
Very Nice CK6speed. How's the the ride with the Eibachs ?
I was thinking about getting a set myself but was afraid the ride would be too stiff.
The ride is definately stiffer, but not bad at all. This is my wifes car and she can tell it is stiffer, but it is not that bad and she doesn't mind. My ride stiffness tolorence is off since my other car is a lowered sports car with a firm suspension. Before the RX330 felt like an SUV boat. Now it just geels like a car boat You will notice it the most during cornering. The body roll is much less than before. I would say for anyone that wants a mild drop, decent ride quality, and better handling these Eibach's are perfect. If you want that slammed VIP look (Which is what I wanted since I'm in a VIP style car club) adjustable coil overs or airbags is the only way. The drop just isn't dramatic enough. You can't tell it is dropped unless you compare it to a stock RX330 side by side. Anyway, these will have to do until TEIN or others release their adjustable coil over kit for the RX330.

By the way, my car suffered damage on the passanger side rear door and 1/4 pannel so that is why I have no pics from that angle. That said, it goes into the shop on Friday to get fixed. While there I'm having the hatch spoiler color matched as well as all the black unpainted lower trim on the front and rear bumper. That will be my suedo body kit until I get one later this year. Here is a photo shop picture my friend did for me of what my car shouod look like after it is done. The drop might not be that low especially for everday driving, but surely I will slam it as low as I can for the car shows

PS. I also just removed my roof racks today. The car looks better IMHO. I never wanted the roof racks to begin with, but I would have had to special order one without it so I just settled.

Old 07-11-05, 07:36 PM
fbapacible
Pole Position

Default Nice !

I have the Thundercloud Edition. I always wanted to see how the RX would look with a little drop and bigger rims look., and it look good
Old 07-11-05, 11:23 PM
drill
Driver School Candidate

Hey CK6Speed,
Did you special order plastic plug pieces to cover the holes where the roof racks were? I looked under mine after removing the bolts and got a rectangle opening. Thanks for any reply. Your car looks pretty mean slammed. Can't wait myself for some coilovers.
Old 07-12-05, 12:50 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by drill
Hey CK6Speed,
Did you special order plastic plug pieces to cover the holes where the roof racks were? I looked under mine after removing the bolts and got a rectangle opening. Thanks for any reply. Your car looks pretty mean slammed. Can't wait myself for some coilovers.
I'm going to have to order the plugs and new rubber channel molding. Right now I just reinserted the bolts to keep the water out of the bolt holes, but I need to get those plug pieces ASAP. Since they cut the rubber molding to allow space for the roof rack mounting, I also need to get a complete full new rubber molding. I know they exist because my friend that works for Toyota says all the Toyota/Lexus cars that have factory roof rack options are designed that same way. Also, since the roof racks are technically an option on the RX330, they should have replacement parts for the base RX without roof racks. Once I get all the parts I'll post some part numbers.

Chris

Last edited by CK6Speed; 07-12-05 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-12-05, 09:56 AM
Nept_Mica
Rookie

Nice job CK6!

I noticed from the picture of the rear that the Lexus emblems have been removed from the tailgate. Were there any pinholes?
Old 07-12-05, 10:04 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Here are some front and back pics.

Nice @ss ..

RX looks great.
Old 07-12-05, 11:03 AM
drill
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info on the roof rack holes, much appreciated.
Drill
Old 07-12-05, 12:52 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nept_Mica
Nice job CK6!

I noticed from the picture of the rear that the Lexus emblems have been removed from the tailgate. Were there any pinholes?

No, what you see is what you get. I removed the Lexus and RX330 emblems about 3 days after I took delivery. Since it was so early on it was a piece of cake and left no marks.

Quick Reply: Some mods done to the RX330