RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

My HIDs are embarrassing my passengers

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-02, 12:21 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My HIDs are embarrassing my passengers

Some of u know i just got my 6000k HIDs a few days ago. And during the last couple days it worked so well in the rain and i absolutely love it. But starting from the very first day after the install, my chick said that the light is too bright and the reflection of the light off other cars in front of us really hurts her eyes. Of course i didnt think so, i thought its totally awesome to see that bluish white "movie spot light" off other's trunks.

She also said that i must be blinding others when im behind them. Being the selfish bastard that i am, i could care less. The beam pattern of my light cuts off at exactly along the upper rim of the trunk of cars directly in front of me. Truth to tell, I think it should go higher, like at the base of others' back windshield, because i like to see my beam go far down the road.

Also i've been getting couple hi-beams from on coming traffic, obviously they think im using my hi-beams. But being in taiwan where laws arent laws and cars vary by having candle stick lights to full blown HIDs. There are lots of cars with HIDs here in Taipei, i have to say they are much much more common than in SoCal. Almost 1 out of every 5 cars have them now. But i never felt blinded by them, maybe because i sit higher in my RX and i have limo tint front AND back. But after my girl and friends said i must be blinding people, at first, i think its a good thing. Because people drive like maniacs here, and my HIDs have more presense so they can be more "aware" of me.

But one very funny thing happened last night, and it finally wasnt raining and the roads are dry. The reflection off trunks were exceptionally bright and even i have to say they were a little more than adequate.
So i pull up behind this civic hatchback with no tint which wasnt even lowered that much. I must be a foot or 2 behind his bumper, and heres what really made me think i have some bright-a$$ lights................................He rolls down the window and covers he's left outside mirror with his left hand AND goes and covers the interior rear view mirror with his right hand!!..... WAIT!! Im not done yet...........................and then his girl on the right passenger side, rolls down HER window and covers HER mirror with a magazine!! DAMN!!!! My girl was like: " NOW, do u think u are the *****??!!!" I was laughing so hard in the car i felt embarrassed for the first time after these HIDs. I was gonna turn them off, but looking at these "deers staring at headlights" people was too much. I think i will have them re-aimed. Also after this episode i stay further back from others bumpers and try not to give them the "SPOT LIGHT" treatment.

My previous post after the HIDs:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=64640