RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

So it begins: My exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-19, 08:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,797 Posts
Default So it begins: My exhaust thread

I took the RCF out of hibernation a few days ago and certainly did not waste anytime ordering an Invidia full catback exhaust with the Titanium tips. It should be here in 2 weeks or so and then I will get it installed. I have been debating being the first to do a resonator delete on the Invidia to get some more texture and layers going in the sound, but will see if I want to first try it out for a few weeks to see how it settles. I will post updates here on this thread with pictures and possibly videos. Certainly, very excited as noise is a huge part of my driving experience I cannot compromise on.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-18-19 at 09:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
GunnyFitz (03-20-19), konichiwa3 (03-19-19)
Old 03-19-19, 03:19 AM
diggdyone
Driver

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Please take pictures and or vids......
Old 03-19-19, 06:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by diggdyone
Please take pictures and or vids......
For sure. Will do.
Old 03-19-19, 08:16 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

very interested, subscribed.
Old 03-20-19, 05:40 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

You know damn well I'll be anxiously looking forward to seeing & hearing what you choose to do on your F brother!!
Old 03-20-19, 10:07 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 700 Likes on 614 Posts

Enjoy!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following 2 users liked this post by Meraki Autoworks:
05RollaXRS (03-20-19), GunnyFitz (03-20-19)
Old 03-20-19, 02:05 PM
winglet
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

You will not be disappointed !!!
Test it before and the decide.
Old 03-20-19, 02:56 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

will there be a before and after dyno?
Old 03-20-19, 04:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
You know damn well I'll be anxiously looking forward to seeing & hearing what you choose to do on your F brother!!
Thanks man. Appreciated. Let's see how it goes.

Originally Posted by winglet
You will not be disappointed !!!
Test it before and the decide.
Yeah, I thought about it for 2 years. Listening and analyzing noises from different exhaust as well as the aesthetic appeal. This is the sound texture and type of noise I am looking for. Also, the piping is huge at 2.75 inches.

Originally Posted by cvt
I will makde videos and pictures of it. Not sure about before and after dynos. It should be the average 18 whp or so based on prior dynos.

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Enjoy!

-Josh
Thanks Josh. If I had been in the US, I would have bought from you, no doubts. The conversion rate is a killer these days.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-20-19 at 04:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
GunnyFitz (03-21-19), Meraki Autoworks (03-20-19)
Old 03-21-19, 06:52 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Like others, in for the results, and to see your excitement!!

I have a set of mid pipes that I have yet to put on, thanks to a fellow member and buddy, ARH is what they are and looking forward to those results - from that I'll determine if I change axle back or not.
Old 03-21-19, 07:15 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Dyno Pulls

Originally Posted by cvt
IMHO / and not being "All about me" - this is a pretty cumbersome process to do at a shop. Speaking from my experience only, it took at least 30-45 mins for the Dyno Tech to get the car onto the machine, strap it down hardcore, connect all pertinent cables and sensors, and then conduct the runs. When I had my Armytrix System installed, the Shop Owner floored with his offer to remove stock system, install the Armytrix, and conduct two Dyno Runs for only $150..My intention was to do the "Before & After" Dyno pulls to truly see what the RWHp is bone stock, and with my system installed. However, I really didn't wish to abuse the offer, and take another hour+ out of their busy day tuning cars (There were 4 others lined up for the Dyno) If Rolla is able to obtain the "Before" Dyno run I'd be anxious to see what his Performance Packaged RCF is putting out. *BTW- Are you dropping an intake, or aftermarket air filter in as well Rolla? That's one thing (Fitter) I seriously wish to do on mine, but just cant decide which one is most advantageous for this car to breathe?..

One thing that always impressed me about Rolla, is the way he articulates the Sound he pursues from an aftermarket system. Not wanting an overly loud "Fat" or "Muscle Car" tone from it, but seeking a more "Snarly" or "Melodic" type oraural pleasure. Actually, the Invidia was my first choice,, but the offer I received on the Armytrix was way too insane and impossible to pass up. Therefore, I am seriously looking forward to hearing what his hot Molten F produces w this system! Last weekend it was 76 degrees here and tons of people were out walking a local "Outdoor Shopping Mall" type area. The number of people who stopped, stared and pointed at my car as I idled thru the streets in manual 2nd gear was unbelievable! Even the Wheel Repair Shop I went to this week w my nightmare issue said they heard me coming long before I pulled into their lot. Two guys said they've never even seen an RCF in person before too! No doubt we all agree that we don't see this car every 50 feet on the road, and I believe its safe to say that any aftermarket exhaust system on the RCF makes it a whole different animal - correct?

Best wishes with the Invidia Rolla! We ALL look forward to seeing / hearing your Cold Start videos soon brother!
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (03-21-19)
Old 03-21-19, 05:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man. Appreciate the very nice comments. Will defiintely post videos and pictures up once I have it installed.

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
IMHO / and not being "All about me" - this is a pretty cumbersome process to do at a shop. Speaking from my experience only, it took at least 30-45 mins for the Dyno Tech to get the car onto the machine, strap it down hardcore, connect all pertinent cables and sensors, and then conduct the runs. When I had my Armytrix System installed, the Shop Owner floored with his offer to remove stock system, install the Armytrix, and conduct two Dyno Runs for only $150..My intention was to do the "Before & After" Dyno pulls to truly see what the RWHp is bone stock, and with my system installed. However, I really didn't wish to abuse the offer, and take another hour+ out of their busy day tuning cars (There were 4 others lined up for the Dyno) If Rolla is able to obtain the "Before" Dyno run I'd be anxious to see what his Performance Packaged RCF is putting out. *BTW- Are you dropping an intake, or aftermarket air filter in as well Rolla? That's one thing (Fitter) I seriously wish to do on mine, but just cant decide which one is most advantageous for this car to breathe?..

One thing that always impressed me about Rolla, is the way he articulates the Sound he pursues from an aftermarket system. Not wanting an overly loud "Fat" or "Muscle Car" tone from it, but seeking a more "Snarly" or "Melodic" type oraural pleasure. Actually, the Invidia was my first choice,, but the offer I received on the Armytrix was way too insane and impossible to pass up. Therefore, I am seriously looking forward to hearing what his hot Molten F produces w this system! Last weekend it was 76 degrees here and tons of people were out walking a local "Outdoor Shopping Mall" type area. The number of people who stopped, stared and pointed at my car as I idled thru the streets in manual 2nd gear was unbelievable! Even the Wheel Repair Shop I went to this week w my nightmare issue said they heard me coming long before I pulled into their lot. Two guys said they've never even seen an RCF in person before too! No doubt we all agree that we don't see this car every 50 feet on the road, and I believe its safe to say that any aftermarket exhaust system on the RCF makes it a whole different animal - correct?

Best wishes with the Invidia Rolla! We ALL look forward to seeing / hearing your Cold Start videos soon brother!

Old 03-22-19, 10:30 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks man. Appreciated. Let's see how it goes.

Yeah, I thought about it for 2 years. Listening and analyzing noises from different exhaust as well as the aesthetic appeal. This is the sound texture and type of noise I am looking for. Also, the piping is huge at 2.75 inches.

I will makde videos and pictures of it. Not sure about before and after dynos. It should be the average 18 whp or so based on prior dynos.

Thanks Josh. If I had been in the US, I would have bought from you, no doubts. The conversion rate is a killer these days.
If no dyno then maybe a few stock runs from 0-60 or 1/4? Any iphone app can do it. Just as a baseline.

I'm just curious.
Old 03-28-19, 07:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust is here. Now need to take a day off from the office and get it installed. Looking at next week to have it installed. Still not decided as to whether I am going to delete the resonators right off the bat or not. Maybe, I will do a quick test drive to see how it sounds in the cabin and go from there. So hyped about this.
Old 03-28-19, 08:29 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

easier to leave them and cut later than to cut now and then regret, no?

Quick Reply: So it begins: My exhaust thread