RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

BSM not available...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 05:25 PM
ValuProp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BSM not available...

I need assistance, has anyone experienced this problem? Two weeks ago my BSM turned off and I got a triangle error message. Took it into my local Lexus dealership and they had to initialize it again. Drove it for two days and the error is back, no BSM avail... Any ideas???
Old 07-31-15, 04:44 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

It could possibly be a nicked/crimped wiring harness. I cut mine by accident taking a turn too fast and trying to sling the rear end around. My dash lit up like a Xmas tree and had failure warnings like crazy. 700$ mistake on my end. Get them to check the wiring harness's near the rear control arms. If the rear squats too much there's a sharp edge that can easily nick/cut the harness. If yours was completely cut you'd know it. Doubt this is it, but you never know and it's super easy to take a looky loo at the harness if the car is on a lift. Hope this helps
Old 08-03-15, 01:10 PM
ValuProp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carnevino
It could possibly be a nicked/crimped wiring harness. I cut mine by accident taking a turn too fast and trying to sling the rear end around. My dash lit up like a Xmas tree and had failure warnings like crazy. 700$ mistake on my end. Get them to check the wiring harness's near the rear control arms. If the rear squats too much there's a sharp edge that can easily nick/cut the harness. If yours was completely cut you'd know it. Doubt this is it, but you never know and it's super easy to take a looky loo at the harness if the car is on a lift. Hope this helps
My RC F is stock height, the problem only exists with the Blind Spot monitor. It is in the shop again, as they are trying to diagnose why it won't stay engaged. I will update this post when Lexus gives us an answer.
Old 08-07-15, 01:30 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Unfortunately, this same thing happened to me today. BSM was functioning as usual for the first 30 min of the drive. I then got the flashing triangle and beep with the message BSM not available. When I got home and tried turning on and off the system, and also restarted the car numerous times, still not functioning.

As it isn't an immediate concern, I don't think I will be bringing the car in right away, but will update as I have more info.
Old 08-07-15, 08:55 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

You paid 700 dollars out of pocket?

I would assume this would be a warranty issue.....
Old 08-08-15, 03:53 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
You paid 700 dollars out of pocket?

I would assume this would be a warranty issue.....
Yes, out of pocket. Car has lowering springs on it so they declined it a warranty item. The 700$ did include installation....time to look for another Lexus dealer to take my car to.
Old 08-13-15, 05:48 AM
ValuProp
Driver School Candidate

After a week in the shop, they found one of my parking sensors were faulty. The pulled the bumper, replaced the sensor and as of now everything is good. Lexus was involved and they are tracking the issue to see if its a big problem or an isolated one.
Old 08-13-15, 06:53 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ValuProp
After a week in the shop, they found one of my parking sensors were faulty. The pulled the bumper, replaced the sensor and as of now everything is good. Lexus was involved and they are tracking the issue to see if its a big problem or an isolated one.
Thanks for the update. I will be taking mine in either next week or the week after. I'll let them know of your issue and solution. Hopefully this is all it is.
Old 08-13-15, 06:57 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Yes, out of pocket. Car has lowering springs on it so they declined it a warranty item. The 700$ did include installation....time to look for another Lexus dealer to take my car to.
So the dealer was able to determine that the lowered suspension was the cause of the crimped harness and BSM system failure?