RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Bluetooth connection problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-16, 07:37 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Bluetooth connection problems

was hoping someone might know the answer to this.

So i have been trying to pair my phone to the car, but i always get a "Microphone not connected" message. I have attached the picture. The car detects the phone's audio media, but can't seem to be able to make calls using the Bluetooth.

I remove my phone from my car's system and reconnect it. But once it is paired up, i get the same message as below.

Old 04-30-16, 08:02 PM
AtomicRC
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
was hoping someone might know the answer to this.

So i have been trying to pair my phone to the car, but i always get a "Microphone not connected" message. I have attached the picture. The car detects the phone's audio media, but can't seem to be able to make calls using the Bluetooth.

I remove my phone from my car's system and reconnect it. But once it is paired up, i get the same message as below.

What kind of phone do you have?
Old 04-30-16, 08:09 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtomicRC
What kind of phone do you have?
I have the Iphone 6+
Old 04-30-16, 08:26 PM
AtomicRC
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm. The only thing I can think of is deleting the phone and repairing which you've already done. If no one one on here can give you a solution I'd reach out to your dealer.
Old 05-17-16, 01:16 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Ended taking my car to the dealership this saturday and the technology support guy told me that he was not able to access the settings like he should and would need to run a diagnostic on the car.

I scheduled an appt. for this Saturday . Hopefully nothing serious
Old 05-17-16, 04:45 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Have you tried with another phone?

I had problems maintaining a steady Bluetooth connection. It kept dropping out and I had to stop and reconnect like every 10 to 15 minutes. Went to Lexus dealer and the tech person's phone connected to my RCF without any problems. So he looked at my phone and as it turned out my phone was not updated to the latest software update. After I updated my phone, all good and no problems.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Ended taking my car to the dealership this saturday and the technology support guy told me that he was not able to access the settings like he should and would need to run a diagnostic on the car.

I scheduled an appt. for this Saturday . Hopefully nothing serious
Old 05-17-16, 05:28 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Have you tried with another phone?

I had problems maintaining a steady Bluetooth connection. It kept dropping out and I had to stop and reconnect like every 10 to 15 minutes. Went to Lexus dealer and the tech person's phone connected to my RCF without any problems. So he looked at my phone and as it turned out my phone was not updated to the latest software update. After I updated my phone, all good and no problems.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Yeah, I try that. Looks like it's pointing to something with the system in the car. Hoping what ever they find is nothing serious. Will update after saturday! Thanks for the tip tho.
Old 05-17-16, 06:06 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you update the firmware on the lexus system? I know that there was a fix in the update for something that had to do with the bluetooth.
Old 05-17-16, 07:44 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZAM
Did you update the firmware on the lexus system? I know that there was a fix in the update for something that had to do with the bluetooth.
I have not actually. Not even sure how to do it, if i get off work early on Friday i'll try and do that. Otherwise, i would assume the dealership might do it for me Sat.
Old 05-19-16, 11:15 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have not actually. Not even sure how to do it, if i get off work early on Friday i'll try and do that. Otherwise, i would assume the dealership might do it for me Sat.
I found this link earlier today: https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/getUpdates if you want to do it yourself.
Old 05-20-16, 05:57 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZAM
I found this link earlier today: https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/getUpdates if you want to do it yourself.
sweet thank you, ill check it out tonight.
Old 05-20-16, 06:55 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Does the system respond to other voice commands? "Dial 123-555-6789"?
Try to separate the microphone itself from the connection through BT.
Old 05-21-16, 10:28 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mcomer
Does the system respond to other voice commands? "Dial 123-555-6789"?
Try to separate the microphone itself from the connection through BT.
End taking it to the dealership today.

They could not find anything wrong.

But, they will order a new system and they will replace it! and good news is that this will all be covered under warranty. I will drop off my car sometime this week and it will need to be there for a few days. 2-3 Days is what they said.
Old 05-21-16, 10:27 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Now, that's Lexus service !!!

I must admit several years ago an MB dealer changed out the head unit for the sound system and driver's speaker right away without any hassle on my hardtop convertible (I had sold that car a couple of years ago ). With MB dealers, it is sometimes hit and miss as far as good service is concerned.

End taking it to the dealership today.

They could not find anything wrong.

But, they will order a new system and they will replace it! and good news is that this will all be covered under warranty. I will drop off my car sometime this week and it will need to be there for a few days. 2-3 Days is what they said.
Old 05-28-16, 11:22 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Now, that's Lexus service !!!

I must admit several years ago an MB dealer changed out the head unit for the sound system and driver's speaker right away without any hassle on my hardtop convertible (I had sold that car a couple of years ago ). With MB dealers, it is sometimes hit and miss as far as good service is concerned.
Back to the bad news,

I dropped off my car to Lexus on Monday since they promised to replace the old unit with the new one. As they were taking off the dash, they came about a missing part in the car. It's apparantly the mic that's missing from the car. They told me that since the part is missing that the cost would be 624 since a missing part is not covered by warranty.

I figured maybe the dealership where i purchased the car had known of this missing mic previous to me purchasing it. After talking to them, they seem as lost as I am where the missing part came about.

What really bothers me is that the day that i came in to get the lexus checked for a diagnostic i had my dashcam in the car. As many of you know, this is a simple plug into the cigarette lighter connector. The lexus dealership is telling me that the missing mic which is an internal integrated part was perhaps lost during the installation of the dashcam. I was heated up at this point that they were blaming the missing part because of the dashcam they saw on my car.

At this point, they told me that the only way that they are able to install this part is if Lexus Customer relations sends me a new one. Hence, does anyone know if i'm able to file a claim online or if i have to call them? I feel like if the dealership who sold me this car was unaware of this issue and that this came back from factory like this, then this should be covered under warranty. The car is pre-owned i bought it with 9,400 miles. Which worries me because they might be able to put the blame on the previous owner to not cover this under warranty.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth connection problems