RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Bluetooth connection problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-16, 12:17 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call lexus customer relations, they have a toll free number and the dealer should have given you that. looks to me that the dealer doesn't really want to help you and just going through the motion. did you buy the car from them? was it a CPO? answer to both will determine what "warranty" coverage you are entitled to.
Old 05-28-16, 12:20 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
call lexus customer relations, they have a toll free number and the dealer should have given you that. looks to me that the dealer doesn't really want to help you and just going through the motion. did you buy the car from them? was it a CPO? answer to both will determine what "warranty" coverage you are entitled to.

I just opened an online claim with the description of what happened. If I don't hear back I'll give them a call sometime next week as I'm currently out of the country.

I did some research and it looks like this was car being sold in a lexus dealership in New Jersey as a CPO car. Then it was sold at an auction to the dealer where i purchased my car from, which is a independent dealer so at this point it was no longer CPO.
Old 05-28-16, 03:53 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

CPO or not, it should still be under original factory warranty, right?

Tell Lexus HQ that this is NOT what you would expect from a TOP PREMIUM LUXURY CAR MANUFACTURER!!! Especially considering the low mileage! !

BTW, before I sold my MB SLK280 some 6 years ago I had the radio head unit changed out free under original warranty due to some crackling noise from the driver's speaker. IDK, the MB dealer did not give me any hassles at all on this issue nor on numerous other MINOR issues that I had with that MB SLK280 hardtop convertible. After I got all the issues sorted out on that SLK280, original factory warranty was running out and my optionally purchased third party extended warranty will kick in soon. I decided to sell it with the optional extended warranty intact for market price. Sold the car in two weeks. Did not want any more potential headaches with the Benz.

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
I just opened an online claim with the description of what happened. If I don't hear back I'll give them a call sometime next week as I'm currently out of the country.

I did some research and it looks like this was car being sold in a lexus dealership in New Jersey as a CPO car. Then it was sold at an auction to the dealer where i purchased my car from, which is a independent dealer so at this point it was no longer CPO.

Last edited by lexusrus; 05-28-16 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-30-16, 08:07 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Did the (after-market) dash-cam require some modifications to the voice recognition system??

Last edited by Canesguy; 05-30-16 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 08:13 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Canesguy
The car in question had a (after-market) dash-cam previously installed on it?
It has a dashcam right now, which i put in. But as I mentioned earlier, a dashcam does not require any special wiring. You simply just plug it into the cigarette lighter, just like how you would plug in your phone charger. I'm just amazed that they tried to blame the missing part, which is an internal part of the car, on this dashcam. Me having a dashcam is not remotely related to the missing mic.

and to answer your question, (noticed you edited it)...not it did not. The mounting on the windshield took 2 minutes with 3M double sided tape (nothing else was touched) lol..this issue with bluetooth was present since day 1. I was just an idiot that i didn't bringup this issue to Lexus any sooner. i just thought that it was my lack of understanding in this new car the reason why i could not pair my phone. If i had known there was a missing part, i would have taken it much sooner.
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth connection problems-hqdefault.jpg  

Last edited by RealMCR12; 05-30-16 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 08:21 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
It has a dashcam right now, which i put in. But as I mentioned earlier, a dashcam does not require any special wiring....... I'm just amazed that they tried to blame the missing part, which is an internal part of the car, on this dashcam......
Amazing, but not surprising. Blaming the customer is dealership "service department 101". Let us know how this further unfolds.

Last edited by Canesguy; 05-31-16 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-16-16, 07:24 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Amazing, but not surprising. Blaming the customer is dealership "service department 101". Let us know how this further unfolds.
Just to update. After almost 2 months since this issue was discovered. I have finally managed to get it fixed.

The total labor cost + part was around 624 dollars. After explaining my situation to Lexus they wouldn't cover all of it but were willing to pay half of it.

And dealership where i got the RC covered the other half. Thankful to how things turned out and my Bluetooth is finally working and ultimately great service by Lexus and the independent dealer.
Old 07-18-16, 10:04 AM
Thayios
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an issue with mine cutting out when I first picked it up, but an update came on the NAV screen about an hour later; after that update I've had zero issues.
Old 01-29-19, 01:26 PM
BB1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem! What was replaced and was it in the dash or up where the microphone is?
Old 02-01-19, 10:08 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

The microphone which is near the sunglasses compartment was missing. No idea how but we think the previous owner perhaps was messing with the electrical things and removed it. So they had to put in a new one.
Old 02-02-19, 08:35 AM
BB1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help!
Old 04-25-21, 02:05 PM
Mazor1
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sirus XM and Bluetooth Pairing Problems

Here's to hoping that piggybacking on this thread can get me some answers. I just purchase a 2016 200t in great condition but 75k miles. After numerous attempts it appears that my Audio system is unable to get the SAT signal from Sirus XM Radio, and to make things worse, my 1st self attempt to pair my iPhone to the car also failed. Wondering if anyone owning an RC has experienced a similar problem. Is there a single "bluetooth" type receiver part somewhere in the car that is necessary for either of these two functions to work? Thanks to all for chiming in.
Old 04-25-21, 05:25 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Try this first
Do we assume that you have a Sirius subscription for your vehicle? Did you contact Sirius and give them your radio ID?
Old 04-25-21, 05:39 PM
Mazor1
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing the Video with me. I will definitely watch and try to follow its directions tomorrow. As far as SirusXM goes, Yes, I provided them my radio ID from being on Channel 000, then after it didn't work the first two times, I called them while sitting in the car, re-verified that they had the correct Radio ID number, they refreshed the signal and still, the message I saw said that the Satellite signal could not be found.
Old 04-25-21, 07:58 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Do you get XM channel 1 it's free? If you don't my guess would be the satellite receiver.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth connection problems