Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200T Turbocharger rebuild and modify

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 09:21 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Any updates on this? Anticipation is killing us here..lol
Old 09-11-17, 09:30 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
Any updates on this? Anticipation is killing us here..lol
Actually turbocharger modify now and testing the flow rate.
The following users liked this post:
Zahabriel (09-12-17)
Old 09-25-17, 07:37 PM
Wams200T
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any updates with the turbo mod?
Old 10-06-17, 11:40 PM
Mishka54
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates or estimates of how much whp could be made safely on the stock turbo? Modified ones coming for sale?
Old 10-09-17, 10:39 PM
UngBuck
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this the turbo pulled out from stock IS200T? or is it better than the stock twin scroll.
Old 10-11-17, 05:29 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

????????????????????
Old 10-11-17, 06:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Tony is currently working on the Stage 2 + tune, which increases the boost from Stage 2 (19PSI) to 21 PSI on the stock turbo. I believe when he’s done testing he will then get back on this project.
Old 10-14-17, 08:23 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Tony how much boost do you thinking the hybrid turbocharger will do? peak and hold?
Old 12-20-17, 08:09 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Tony how much boost do you thinking the hybrid turbocharger will do? peak and hold?
I think that would be 1.5Bar around say 22PSI, but it will be able to hold the boost better than stock and will be able to maintain it at higher RPM

I don't think it can go any higher with the boost since it will go out of its efficiency range and that's all based on my experience with turbo charged cars, I might be wrong depending on the changes TTI is making to the turbo
Old 12-21-17, 01:38 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I think that would be 1.5Bar around say 22PSI, but it will be able to hold the boost better than stock and will be able to maintain it at higher RPM

I don't think it can go any higher with the boost since it will go out of its efficiency range and that's all based on my experience with turbo charged cars, I might be wrong depending on the changes TTI is making to the turbo
Solely speaking about the turbo going out of its “efficiency range”, as soon as it’s tuned anything above stock would be more or less inefficient. Using the BMS powerbox I’ve personally seen my own turbo hit 24+ psi. So only 22psi? Pshhhhhh. We are only getting 24+ under half throttle which is something I’m currently talking to Terry about it. The reason we aren’t able to hit 24+ psi WOT is because the lack of fuel/throttle/torque maps and/or jb4 sensors. Which theoretically it can be done with the support of a FULL reflash. I get it nuke it seems like your all in on TTI and you live by his word. I hope you can be the first to spender and see what he has to offer. In the meantime we are in the works with a different company that already has a very very reputable is350 pop bang tune. They promise nothing less than the same with the 200t WITHOUT a hybrid turbo. Looks like both companies are still months out but they’re both very promising!
The following users liked this post:
Zahabriel (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 02:52 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Solely speaking about the turbo going out of its “efficiency range”, as soon as it’s tuned anything above stock would be more or less inefficient. Using the BMS powerbox I’ve personally seen my own turbo hit 24+ psi. So only 22psi? Pshhhhhh. We are only getting 24+ under half throttle which is something I’m currently talking to Terry about it. The reason we aren’t able to hit 24+ psi WOT is because the lack of fuel/throttle/torque maps and/or jb4 sensors. Which theoretically it can be done with the support of a FULL reflash. I get it nuke it seems like your all in on TTI and you live by his word. I hope you can be the first to spender and see what he has to offer. In the meantime we are in the works with a different company that already has a very very reputable is350 pop bang tune. They promise nothing less than the same with the 200t WITHOUT a hybrid turbo. Looks like both companies are still months out but they’re both very promising!
Healthy competition that's what i call this

Am not advocating for TTI well am not on their payroll either but I have seen crappy support from OV and I personally had an experience with them so for me customer support comes first, because when I have a problem I want proper support not some who would tell me to F off.

I won't be commenting much on the turbo setup they are working on because I don't have much info on it but the little info I have is getting me hyped up....and yes I am next lab rat so lets see how it goes

and to answer your “efficiency range” what am talking about is the amount of flow/pressure that the turbo can handle before it starts to simply push heat into the engine...as per the explanation below

"Adiabatic Efficiency
Adiabatic efficiency is a measure of how well the supercharger or turbo compresses air without causing it to heat more than absolutely necessary. The compressor's AE range depends upon the ratio of pressure it produces to the amount of air it can flow, and all compressors have a "sweet spot" where they function at maximum efficiency. Manufacturers test compressors to produce what are called "boost maps" -- charts that index a compressor's efficiency. Small turbos will tend to be very efficient over a wide range of boost pressures, but have limited airflow. Large compressors offer more airflow, but tend to have a narrower efficiency range." https://itstillruns.com/horsepower-v...-10009983.html
Old 12-21-17, 05:53 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

very useful information thank you is200flow im learning from here a lot
Old 12-21-17, 05:58 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

@is200flow : Could you tell me what should be the gain we can probably expect from the Hybrid turbo
how how it should be performed ?
Old 12-21-17, 06:09 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
@is200flow : Could you tell me what should be the gain we can probably expect from the Hybrid turbo
how how it should be performed ?
He wouldn’t know since he is not building it only TTI can answer that question
Old 12-21-17, 06:13 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nuke
He wouldn’t know since he is not building it only TTI can answer that question
he should have an expectation how it should be performed base on his expereince.

Quick Reply: IS200T Turbocharger rebuild and modify