Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t - Boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-18, 12:01 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
i imagine though your 2nd, 3rd regulators were newer than my car so I'm not sure how the build date can have anything to do with it. maybe the humidity in FL? I'd still like to crack one open and see what's inside. is the valve being clogged by soot? is there a filter backing up inside??
Correct. There are no screws to open them up, so you will have to break it apart. There's a little foam filter which i removed, cleaned and re-installed but gave the same results.
Old 07-13-18, 12:45 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I would love to open one up. Have dremel
Old 07-14-18, 11:10 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I would love to open one up. Have dremel
I can ship mine to you after I replace it if you want to cut it open. Planning on ordering the new part on Monday. I’d be curious to see what’s going on inside too.
Old 07-14-18, 02:27 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

https://partsouq.com
I get mine from this website. Cheapest I've seen so far.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sheddy:
Miintt (07-14-18), nan88 (04-20-19), Pacific13 (07-15-18)
Old 07-16-18, 10:09 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Miintt

I can ship mine to you after I replace it if you want to cut it open. Planning on ordering the new part on Monday. I’d be curious to see what’s going on inside too.
Cool ok let me know

Just by looking at the part it seems the elongated part houses some sort of piston or plunger that regulates the in/out plumbing at the bottom based on signal from the computer. But just a guess. I'd probably start cutting at the round housing part.
Old 07-16-18, 11:26 PM
Ricoo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

4th one down -________-. not sure what causes the vibration. unplugging either line stops it. or pinching it like in the clip i attached
Attached Files
File Type: mov
clip vv.mov (2.15 MB, 325 views)
Old 07-25-18, 08:36 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Got the part in but I have no clue where to start to install it myself. Can anyone give me some guidance? Is there anything in the way that I need to remove first or is it easily accessible without removing anything? I can't even see where the stock location is by looking inside the engine bay.
Old 07-29-18, 12:57 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Cool ok let me know

Just by looking at the part it seems the elongated part houses some sort of piston or plunger that regulates the in/out plumbing at the bottom based on signal from the computer. But just a guess. I'd probably start cutting at the round housing part.
So I finally got to replacing the valve but I wont be able to send you the broken one because I didn’t remove it from the car. The screws to remove it are in a really tough to get to spot so I just left it in there and put the new one at the top of the engine bay
Old 07-30-18, 08:58 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Got the part in but I have no clue where to start to install it myself. Can anyone give me some guidance? Is there anything in the way that I need to remove first or is it easily accessible without removing anything? I can't even see where the stock location is by looking inside the engine bay.
from pics it looks as if its up on the side of the block. you should be able to trace vacuum hose to it.
Old 07-30-18, 01:49 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

So I finally got to replacing the valve but I wont be able to send you the broken one because I didn’t remove it from the car. The screws to remove it are in a really tough to get to spot so I just left it in there and put the new one at the top of the engine bay
I still have the original regulator in place due to that issue as well. I relocated the replacement in an easily accessible spot as you can see on my earlier post.
Old 07-30-18, 03:40 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I still have the original regulator in place due to that issue as well. I relocated the replacement in an easily accessible spot as you can see on my earlier post.
I like the location of yours much much more than where I put mine. What did you use to get it to stay there? I just zip tied mine around the stock intake tube and it looks really ghetto lol I need to move it.
Old 07-30-18, 07:21 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I like the location of yours much much more than where I put mine. What did you use to get it to stay there? I just zip tied mine around the stock intake tube and it looks really ghetto lol I need to move it.
Actually it's just tucked in that spot with no zip ties. I had to modify the connector wire loom a bit by cutting away the tape on the harness so it allows me to position it there.
Old 01-10-19, 09:55 AM
LexusFR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if the issue I am experiencing is the same being discussed. See attached video for example, that was wide open throttle on an open road, my boost won't go past 0. I have had the actuator assembly replaced twice times by my local dealer, but they believe that nothing is wrong and that my gauge is just malfunctioning.

The car is driving like trash, I literally have to floor it to get up to cruising speeds.

https://imgur.com/a/hJisn5t
Old 01-30-19, 06:59 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFR
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if the issue I am experiencing is the same being discussed. See attached video for example, that was wide open throttle on an open road, my boost won't go past 0. I have had the actuator assembly replaced twice times by my local dealer, but they believe that nothing is wrong and that my gauge is just malfunctioning.

The car is driving like trash, I literally have to floor it to get up to cruising speeds.

https://imgur.com/a/hJisn5t
It is unusual that you are able to get some level of boost, but just not past 0. If the actuator assembly has been replaced multiple times, I would think the issue lies in your throttle body or a leak.

The throttle body could be getting stuck such that it is not opening enough for pressure to build in the intake manifold.
Have you completed a leak check? If there is a leak downstream of the turbo, the air would be exposed to atmosphere resulting in 0 boost.
Old 01-30-19, 07:08 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Cool ok let me know

Were you ever able to get your hands on the part to open up? I am wondering which mechanism(s) is acting up to cause oscillating boost. The rocking motion to me seems to be occurring at a certain frequency. This makes me wonder if the ECU is able to accommodate for this change quickly enough to adjust injection to prevent out of line fuel/air ratios.

Quick Reply: IS200t - Boost issue