Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia Midpipe + Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-15, 01:47 AM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia Midpipe + Axleback

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the forum and am currently in the process of modding my is350. The car is too quiet for me. I've done tons of research on exhaust, however i'm still stuck on making a decision. Also with no one in my area having exhaust on their IS only makes it harder for me to come to a decision. I'm basically looking for an exhaust that's loud but not too loud. I don't want to hear engine noise. I know I want to get the invidia midpipe, however I'm a little unsure of what axle back to pair it with. For those of you with experience and who have gotten to hear these in person please chime in. Remember, loud but not crazy loud lol. Here are my options:

Invidia Midpipe + Megan Racing (N1)
Invidia Midpipe + Invidia q300
Invidia Midpipe + Tsudo
Invidia Midpipe + M2
Invidia Midpipe + Greddy sp2

Thanks.
Old 06-20-15, 07:48 AM
puhz
Driver School Candidate

I'm actually in the same boat currently because my original axle back system is rusted so I'm looking to replace it with something with a bit more noise. But I don't have the same budget for the big brand name stuff right now so I'm looking at a cat-back setup like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231397968551?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I'd love to get a Invidia or Borla setup but it's a bit out of my price range. The Tsudo looks pretty good too though. Where are you shopping for the set up?
Old 06-20-15, 12:06 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by puhz
I'm actually in the same boat currently because my original axle back system is rusted so I'm looking to replace it with something with a bit more noise. But I don't have the same budget for the big brand name stuff right now so I'm looking at a cat-back setup like this:

06 12 IS250 is350 JDM VIP 65mm Pipe Performance Engine Catback Exhaust Muffler | eBay

I'd love to get a Invidia or Borla setup but it's a bit out of my price range. The Tsudo looks pretty good too though. Where are you shopping for the set up?
I'm looking at eBay aswell. And saw that system too. But I'm just unsure whether or not it'll be loud enough lol. If only we knew if someone has tested it already hahah.
Old 06-20-15, 03:52 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suggest you start off with an axle back first. See how you like the sound. That's the way for people who doesn't want to go loud but noticeable. Different exhaust has different quality build. If that isn't enough then buy yourself a invidia mid.
Old 06-20-15, 04:12 PM
WillK
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heavyhitta
Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the forum and am currently in the process of modding my is350. The car is too quiet for me. I've done tons of research on exhaust, however i'm still stuck on making a decision. Also with no one in my area having exhaust on their IS only makes it harder for me to come to a decision. I'm basically looking for an exhaust that's loud but not too loud. I don't want to hear engine noise. I know I want to get the invidia midpipe, however I'm a little unsure of what axle back to pair it with. For those of you with experience and who have gotten to hear these in person please chime in. Remember, loud but not crazy loud lol. Here are my options:

Invidia Midpipe + Megan Racing (N1)
Invidia Midpipe + Invidia q300
Invidia Midpipe + Tsudo
Invidia Midpipe + M2
Invidia Midpipe + Greddy sp2

Thanks.
I've been looking too. I'm not sure what loud, but not too loud is...? Are you looking for a deep tone, but not ear splitting at higher rpms? Is the Greddy sp2 still avail? I thought I read that was discontinued...??

Did you hear the HKS? I like that one, but not the cost...

Originally Posted by puhz

06 12 IS250 is350 JDM VIP 65mm Pipe Performance Engine Catback Exhaust Muffler | eBay

I have to admit that I'm having some sticker shock with the prices of the exhaust systems. I know, you gotta pay if you wanna play.
Have you (or anyone) considered//done a muffler swap? Might be a way to get better sound at a cheap cost until you can get something better.
I just don't know what would be a good muffler to consider for a swap. Wouldn't be too expensive though- mufflers plus labor to install. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of a true axle-back.
Old 06-20-15, 04:19 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Keo
I suggest you start off with an axle back first. See how you like the sound. That's the way for people who doesn't want to go loud but noticeable. Different exhaust has different quality build. If that isn't enough then buy yourself a invidia mid.
I know forsure an axleback alone will be too quiet for me lol. I want loud but not obnoxiously loud like Hks+Invidia or Fsport+Invidia which from videos seem obnoxiously loud hahah. Pretty much something a step down from those.

Last edited by Heavyhitta; 06-20-15 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-20-15, 04:24 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WillK
I've been looking too. I'm not sure what loud, but not too loud is...? Are you looking for a deep tone, but not ear splitting at higher rpms? Is the Greddy sp2 still avail? I thought I read that was discontinued...??

Did you hear the HKS? I like that one, but not the cost...

I have to admit that I'm having some sticker shock with the prices of the exhaust systems. I know, you gotta pay if you wanna play.
Have you (or anyone) considered//done a muffler swap? Might be a way to get better sound at a cheap cost until you can get something better.
I just don't know what would be a good muffler to consider for a swap. Wouldn't be too expensive though- mufflers plus labor to install. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of a true axle-back.
LOL sorry I should've been a little more specific. Hks+Invidia is the loudest followed by Fsport+Invidia from what I've seen in videos. I'm looking for a setup a step down from the two. And as for it being deep yes deep but not too deep. I want it to be loud at high rpms aswell. I want it to have a nice rumble while cruising too. Hks alone would be too quiet for me. I hear too much engine noise.
Old 06-20-15, 08:01 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How about Invida midepipe and Tannabe. Not loud at all under 4000RPM.

Old 06-20-15, 08:30 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MWIS350
How about Invida midepipe and Tannabe. Not loud at all under 4000RPM.

Looks good. Is it loud above 4000 rpm? I don't want something quiet. I've heard tanabe is the most quiet so I'm a little skeptical. How does it sound in person? Do you get a nice deep rumble under 4000 rpm? Appreciate the feedback, thanks!
Old 06-20-15, 08:32 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 137 Posts

Greddy SP2 is not available anymore but the SP Elite which is essentially the same thing that replaced SP2...
my SP Elite with Invidia Mids...
http://www.greddy.com/products/exhau...ormance-elite/ but looks like that is discontinued too
Old 06-20-15, 08:40 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
Greddy SP2 is not available anymore but the SP Elite which is essentially the same thing that replaced SP2...
my SP Elite with Invidia Mids...
http://www.greddy.com/products/exhau...ormance-elite/ but looks like that is discontinued too
Yeah I just recently found that out lol. Apparently Tsudo is very similar and comes with the Sp2 mufflers and the piping is 2.5 inches instead of 2.25 inches. So i'm thinking it should be a little louder. So far that and the midpipe would be 1st on my list, but again i'm not all too sure. I just want to hear what anyone who has or has heard exhaust in person has to say. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-20-15, 09:57 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavyhitta
I know forsure an axleback alone will be too quiet for me lol. I want loud but not obnoxiously loud like Hks+Invidia or Fsport+Invidia which from videos seem obnoxiously loud hahah. Pretty much something a step down from those.
In that case get the invidia mid pipe with the lower sound axle back from the F-Sport or HKS

- invid+Tanabe *
- invid+Greddy *
- invid+Megan oe-rs
- invid+Invidia
- invid+M2
- invid+Magnaflow

I prefer Tanabe or Greddy because of the build jdm quality. There isn't enough experience with Tsudo with Mid pipes. Not many resource or real reviews. So if you do get the Tsudo. I'd say you would be the first to experiment on with mid pipes.

Last edited by Keo; 06-20-15 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-20-15, 10:07 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Invidia midepipe & Tanabe Exhaust.
Old 06-21-15, 12:14 AM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

You could always get an axle back you think you would like and tell your muffler shop to delete the oem resonator. If it turns out that its too loud then you can buy the invidia mid pipe to tone it down just a little bit. But if it turns out you like the deleted resonator with w/e axle back you picked then you save money on buying an invidia mid pipe which is like $300+?
Old 06-21-15, 04:35 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JustBrosy
You could always get an axle back you think you would like and tell your muffler shop to delete the oem resonator. If it turns out that its too loud then you can buy the invidia mid pipe to tone it down just a little bit. But if it turns out you like the deleted resonator with w/e axle back you picked then you save money on buying an invidia mid pipe which is like $300+?
Resonator delete is often too raspy imo. And the midpipe is louder. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm just wondering if greddy + Invidia midpipe is louder than m2+ Invidia midpipe.

Quick Reply: Invidia Midpipe + Axleback