Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia Midpipe + Axleback

Old 06-25-15, 07:56 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Invidia midepipe & Tanabe Exhaust.
IS350 Tanabe Exhaust w/ Invidia Midpipes - YouTube
Same here.. Went with the Tanabe axle back but found it wasn't aggressive enough (had tio be WOT for the sound I wanted) so I added the Invidia mid pipes and have loved it ever since.......
Old 06-25-15, 07:58 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
Greddy SP2 is not available anymore but the SP Elite which is essentially the same thing that replaced SP2...
my SP Elite with Invidia Mids...
http://www.greddy.com/products/exhau...ormance-elite/ but looks like that is discontinued too
F-ing amazing pic, by the way..... Much love!
Old 07-01-15, 12:50 PM
Foxman13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a quick video of the Invidia mid-pipe and axle-back system. I also have a F Sport Intake installed.

Old 07-01-15, 08:24 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Foxman13
Here's a quick video of the Invidia mid-pipe and axle-back system. I also have a F Sport Intake installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCoNfLzdhZY
Sounds amazing! Thanks for the video bro!
Old 04-14-16, 06:01 AM
puhz
Driver School Candidate

The full Invidia cat-back does sound nice. My current dilemma is that my midpipe needs replacing anyway so I was going to upgrade to the Invidia or Megan mid-pipe first (since my stock axle-back was just replaced under warranty) then add an axle back later on. I don't want it to sound like crap in the mean time though so I'm having trouble determining which midpipe I should get. It doesn't need to be loud so that's why I was leaning more towards Megan because in the end I want a deep growl instead of a loud rasp. Am I right in thinking the Megan midpipe?
Old 04-14-16, 07:36 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by puhz
The full Invidia cat-back does sound nice. My current dilemma is that my midpipe needs replacing anyway so I was going to upgrade to the Invidia or Megan mid-pipe first (since my stock axle-back was just replaced under warranty) then add an axle back later on. I don't want it to sound like crap in the mean time though so I'm having trouble determining which midpipe I should get. It doesn't need to be loud so that's why I was leaning more towards Megan because in the end I want a deep growl instead of a loud rasp. Am I right in thinking the Megan midpipe?
I have a megan mid pipe paired with my F sport Exhaust.

What part of NY are you in? Im in Metro NY so if youre close youre welcome to check out the sounds before you make a purchase.

Idk how loud you want but Invidia is def louder than megan, Megan is more of a refined note.
Old 04-14-16, 09:41 AM
puhz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Icy350

What part of NY are you in? Im in Metro NY so if youre close youre welcome to check out the sounds before you make a purchase.

Idk how loud you want but Invidia is def louder than megan, Megan is more of a refined note.

I'm upstate in Rochester unfortunately, but thanks! I'd love to do the Invidia/F-Sport combo but I can't afford a new one even with my Lexus employee discount haha I don't want obnoxiously loud, I want it to be quiet while cruising but throaty and deep on acceleration. That's why I'm thinking Megan midpipe & Tanabe axle back but its a hard decision that I've seen many people on here debating. If I could find a used F-Sport or HKS I would jump on it, but they're hard to find.
Old 04-15-16, 08:08 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Theres two guys on the forum with the tsudo and midpipes. One with the megan with resonator delete and the ither is the invidia which I believe doesnt have them to begin with??? I think both have posted videos. The tsudo is on par with megan as far as quality and fitment. Not as good as the top tier exhausts but not as expensive either. Its up to you as far as sound, cost, etc. The tanabe is a beautiful exhaust that you know is going to fit right and sound good. Pair it with a midpipe and it will liven up the sound. Beauty is in the eye if the beholder. Its really your preference on the sound youre looking for. Go to youtube and watch plenty of videos and try to meet up with folks around you to hear them in person and base your decision off of that. There are tons of videos out there and many have in car clips and go pros mounted on the car as well to really hear the everyday sounds of then. Its a huge decision; do plenty of research and youll be happy with your choice. Best of luck to ya.

Last edited by bbaugher47; 04-15-16 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Drunken spelling errors
Old 04-15-16, 11:25 PM
murfman89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about your exhaust...

Originally Posted by Icy350

I have a Lexus IS 250 F Sport, does that mean I have the same exhaust as you but you swapped out the resonator pipe for the Megan Mid Pipe?

I want to add more bass but like he said, not too loud. I had the resonator removed on my Cooper S and it sounded great for a Cooper but not so for a Lexus.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-16-16, 02:30 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey buddy,
Some recommendations for you based off sales and installation would be the Q300 axleback and the Invidia/megan midpipe . The Q300 is a quality, great sounding exhaust system. Both the Megan and Invidia pipe will give a great addition to sound and performance.
1-855-998-8726
Old 04-19-16, 06:25 AM
murfman89
Rookie

Default Resonator delete with or without Magnaflow muffler?

Hello Forum,

I am responding to this feed since I am thinking of adding the Invidia Q300 Axel back, but was looking at other low cost options....here's my thought.

I am now leaning towards doing a resonator delete on my IS 250 F Sport but am a little concerned that the sound might be a little high pitched or obnoxious for a Lexus, so I was thinking off adding a Magnaflow muffler to help bring in a lower tone.

I've compared the Invidia Q300 Axel Back to my stock F Sport exhaust with resonator delete and they seem to be the same or have the same results, so in an effort to save $600-$800 (Q300 is $650 plus tax and install)(resonator delete is only $85 plus maybe a Magnaflow muffler with tips).

I was also thinking of just trying the resonator delete and if the noise was too high that I would maybe add a deeper sounding muffler. Also knowing that if both options were way too obnoxious that I can easily and pretty low costly, reverse the changes.

I am not looking at spending $1200 and replace the entire exhaust just to have a comparable sound to the resonator delete.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

MIke
Old 04-19-16, 11:22 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murfman89
Hello Forum,

I am responding to this feed since I am thinking of adding the Invidia Q300 Axel back, but was looking at other low cost options....here's my thought.

I am now leaning towards doing a resonator delete on my IS 250 F Sport but am a little concerned that the sound might be a little high pitched or obnoxious for a Lexus, so I was thinking off adding a Magnaflow muffler to help bring in a lower tone.

I've compared the Invidia Q300 Axel Back to my stock F Sport exhaust with resonator delete and they seem to be the same or have the same results, so in an effort to save $600-$800 (Q300 is $650 plus tax and install)(resonator delete is only $85 plus maybe a Magnaflow muffler with tips).

I was also thinking of just trying the resonator delete and if the noise was too high that I would maybe add a deeper sounding muffler. Also knowing that if both options were way too obnoxious that I can easily and pretty low costly, reverse the changes.

I am not looking at spending $1200 and replace the entire exhaust just to have a comparable sound to the resonator delete.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

MIke
imo resonator delete is not the way to go. sounds very raspy (think honda civic with straight pipes) i suggest you keep your eye out on the classifieds section for a second hand part. i got an invidia midpipe on here for like $175 shipped and couldnt be happier.

my buddy has 06 is350 resonator muffler delete. i have 06 is250 invidia midpipe, hks hi power axle back, k&n intake. even with myiter smaller engine it sounds 10x better
Old 04-19-16, 11:25 AM
TrueDat96
Driver

Dont do the delete, lol. Save up for Invidia
Old 04-19-16, 11:26 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

btw invidia has a small resonator but no secondary cats
Old 04-19-16, 11:26 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

+1000!!!!

This will make the car very raspy. The invidia full setup is a great setup. I wouldn't touch it.
1-855-998-8726
The following users liked this post:
3isDragon (04-06-20)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Invidia Midpipe + Axleback