Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia Midpipe + Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 04:37 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Invidia midepipe & Tanabe Exhaust.
IS350 Tanabe Exhaust w/ Invidia Midpipes - YouTube
M2 seems to be louder than tanabe from my research and also cheaper. So I'd more likely go with that paired with the invidia midpipe. However, I'm wondering if it's louder than greddy lol.
Old 06-21-15, 05:52 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 329 Likes on 144 Posts

btw what is your budget anyways?
Old 06-21-15, 05:58 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 329 Likes on 144 Posts

fujitsubo is not loud... http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/det...03796/00001040

kakimoto racing shouldn't be loud either...
http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_l51301.html
Old 06-21-15, 06:56 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
btw what is your budget anyways?
Essentially i just want to pair the invidia midpipe with an axleback exhaust. So for the axleback my budget is around 600.
Old 06-21-15, 06:59 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
fujitsubo is not loud... http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/det...03796/00001040

kakimoto racing shouldn't be loud either...
http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_l51301.html
Lol but i want loud. Just not very loud if that makes sense. Loud but not hks+invidia or fsport+invidia loud. Whatever is directly below those in loudness.
Old 06-22-15, 09:54 AM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Heavyhitta
Resonator delete is often too raspy imo. And the midpipe is louder. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm just wondering if greddy + Invidia midpipe is louder than m2+ Invidia midpipe.
True when I had straight true dual into invidia axle back it was super raspy so I had to put an x-pipe in now it sounds great imo
Old 06-22-15, 05:38 PM
WillK
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm going to do a muffler swap. I found a nice Magnaflow that I like. Not the highest quality, but they hold up well enough until I either move up to an ISF, or get a true dual set up.

Problem with a $600 budget is there isn't too much in that price range that's not used.

Here's the mufflers I'm getting-

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...=main&id=10574

Price of the mufflers, plus labor to install and with two hangars will be less than $500.

Good luck man, and post a video with whatever you do.
Old 06-22-15, 08:14 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WillK
I think I'm going to do a muffler swap. I found a nice Magnaflow that I like. Not the highest quality, but they hold up well enough until I either move up to an ISF, or get a true dual set up.

Problem with a $600 budget is there isn't too much in that price range that's not used.

Here's the mufflers I'm getting-

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...=main&id=10574

Price of the mufflers, plus labor to install and with two hangars will be less than $500.

Good luck man, and post a video with whatever you do.
Ah nice. A muffler swap should be more on the quiet side but definately bearable. Definitely beats stock! A true dual setup will wake things up forsure though. Good luck to you aswell bro. I'm interested in seeing how that setup sounds. Be sure to post a video. I'm most likely gonna do megan racing axleback + invidia midpipe combo. Greddy, m2, tsudo and the rest sound a little too quiet for me.
Old 06-22-15, 08:17 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JustBrosy
True when I had straight true dual into invidia axle back it was super raspy so I had to put an x-pipe in now it sounds great imo
Oh right i remember your video. Your setup sounded wickedand evil. Loved it. I would go true dual too but they charge soo much here maybe sometime in the future.
Old 06-22-15, 08:53 PM
Foxman13
Driver School Candidate

I currently have the Invidia Q300 axle-back installed and I like the tone, but it's not loud enough for me, so I am installing the matching mid pipe tomorrow.

The build quality on the Invidia is top notch for around your budget of $600. I think I paid $650 shipped for mine.

The other nice feature of the Invidia is the flat bottom mufflers that make it a little less noticeable.

Old 06-22-15, 09:01 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Foxman13
I currently have the Invidia Q300 axle-back installed and I like the tone, but it's not loud enough for me, so I am installing the matching mid pipe tomorrow.

The build quality on the Invidia is top notch for around your budget of $600. I think I paid $650 shipped for mine.

The other nice feature of the Invidia is the flat bottom mufflers that make it a little less noticeable.

Interesting. I was highly considering the full invidia q300 system but didn't have enough info on it. Please please please post your results on here. And if you can make a video would be nice too. Thanks for the feedback bro!
Old 06-23-15, 04:21 AM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Heavyhitta
Oh right i remember your video. Your setup sounded wickedand evil. Loved it. I would go true dual too but they charge soo much here maybe sometime in the future.
Really appreciate it and looking forward to what your final choice will be!
Old 06-24-15, 06:16 PM
Foxman13
Driver School Candidate

Got the mid pipe installed yesterday and it sounds amazing. I drove around last night like a little kid grinning ear-to-ear. I didn't have time to make a sound recording or video before I left for a business trip, so I will try to do that this weekend when I get back.
Old 06-24-15, 07:17 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Got the mid pipe installed yesterday and it sounds amazing. I drove around last night like a little kid grinning ear-to-ear. I didn't have time to make a sound recording or video before I left for a business trip, so I will try to do that this weekend when I get back.
You feel more power? What brand name midepipe you get?
Old 06-24-15, 09:05 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Loool no way congrats bro ! And i look forward to seeing your video ! Its between full invidia and megan + invidia for me lool. I hope it's loud enough! Please show a take off and slow acceleration in the video if you can !

Quick Reply: Invidia Midpipe + Axleback