Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Intake or Not?

Old 01-11-15, 03:12 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry96815
They do now. Part # PTR03-53141-AA.

I have the Joe Z intake and exhaust with the Lexus F Sport filter.
Thanks!! You rock! Sewell didn't want to sell me just the filter. It's $80 shipped. Maybe a local dealer can give me for cheaper!
Old 01-11-15, 05:05 PM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as an alternative to the F-Sport intake, i got the JoeZ intake pipe and cut a couple small square shaped holes in front of the intake box (which produces that growl that most people lose when removing the OEM F-Sport intake sound generator).

so all in all, i gained performance from the JoeZ intake and still kept (if not, increased the intake growl )
Old 01-11-15, 06:50 PM
sirwawa
Rookie

Originally Posted by feartheyu
I work at a Lexus Dealership and will say that it does improve throttle response, acceleration, and the sounds ever so slightly better. It does take away the resonator, but the F-Sport Performance Intake makes up for it from the other benefits. I just recently installed the axle-back F-Sport exhaust, and with the intake the car sounds even better. I could have gone aftermarket, but I keeping with the Lexus F-Sport theme out of pride.

If you feel the intake isn't worth it, get the Lexus Key Card for that price. It can come with a key shank that is as thin as the Key card. People love seeing it!
with the intake in-conjunction with the exhaust are the improvements modest at best?
any MPG improvements?
I think on F-Sport models this equipment should be standard along with the rest of the F-Sport accessories
Old 01-11-15, 09:42 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by itsjdmyo
as an alternative to the F-Sport intake, i got the JoeZ intake pipe and cut a couple small square shaped holes in front of the intake box (which produces that growl that most people lose when removing the OEM F-Sport intake sound generator).

so all in all, i gained performance from the JoeZ intake and still kept (if not, increased the intake growl )
Good idea! I just want to keep it stock and add the filter and maybe do the cuts for extra sound.
Old 01-11-15, 09:43 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sirwawa
with the intake in-conjunction with the exhaust are the improvements modest at best?
any MPG improvements?
I think on F-Sport models this equipment should be standard along with the rest of the F-Sport accessories
They should, imagine they did but the sport package was $10k more than base! Maybe they were trying to keep the price down? Not everyone likes the sound as well.
Old 01-12-15, 06:43 PM
chansIS350
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Is it just me or doesn't anyone else feel that owning an IS3 f sport should already have f sport intake and exhaust??? Jeeesh! What companies will do to earn a few more $$$. That being said, I am a sucker for mods! What's the going price for said items?
Old 01-13-15, 10:30 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chansIS350
Is it just me or doesn't anyone else feel that owning an IS3 f sport should already have f sport intake and exhaust??? Jeeesh! What companies will do to earn a few more $$$. That being said, I am a sucker for mods! What's the going price for said items?
Agreed

But there are people there that might want the F Sport look but not how it sounds if it had the F Sport exhaust. So maybe it being an option was kind of smart-ish.
Old 04-06-15, 02:25 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

so is it better to just get the fsport filter rather than buying the whole tube and box? with the issue of heat soak due to the metal tubing can cause loss in power, staying w/ the stock plastic tube with a better filter seems to be the better route...including the wallet.

I think it's funny how members on here are worried about what kind of sound the intake system makes. isn't gaining power what's "important" in upgrading the intake system? I understand what ever gain we get may be very little, but most of the entries on here are disappointment in how the intakes sound. I just found that comical.

Last edited by cp2; 04-06-15 at 02:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TheUser (05-24-22)
Old 04-06-15, 07:16 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
so is it better to just get the fsport filter rather than buying the whole tube and box? with the issue of heat soak due to the metal tubing can cause loss in power, staying w/ the stock plastic tube with a better filter seems to be the better route...including the wallet.

I think it's funny how members on here are worried about what kind of sound the intake system makes. isn't gaining power what's "important" in upgrading the intake system? I understand what ever gain we get may be very little, but most of the entries on here are disappointment in how the intakes sound. I just found that comical.
I just dropped in the Fsport airfilter. I'm sure little or no difference compared to the whole system unless you want the look. I'm pretty happy. Does it make more power? Maybe, but it's not night and day. I got lucky and got it for a good price.
Old 04-06-15, 09:33 PM
Ecko508
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every place says joe z intake is on back order where can I get one!!
Old 04-06-15, 09:43 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can use the fsport filter/box with the stock pipe to keep the sound generator.... tried playing with it and succeeded

Old 04-07-15, 12:46 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

My filter just dropped In the stock box. I know the 2is had a lower box with a hole in the but what's different with the 3is box? Looks like the stock box has another filter screen in the box though.

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
You can use the fsport filter/box with the stock pipe to keep the sound generator.... tried playing with it and succeeded

Old 04-07-15, 09:00 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

I have yet to open my engine bay...haha. the fsport box is nice w/ the logo on it and if I could find just the box for a good price, I'd try and pick one up. but if the fsport filter can fit in the stock box, i'll go that route first. I can get one from my dealer for $65 before tax. is that a good price?
Old 04-07-15, 09:14 AM
daobn24
Pole Position

The 2IS F Sport filter will fit the 3IS box with some minor trimming, see the thread below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...s-fitment.html
Old 04-07-15, 11:04 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

That's a good price because I got mine for $57 with a 50% coupon! I guess they marked it up big time!

I'm guessing no reason to put the 2is filter box on the 3is unless it's for sound. The 3is has ducts to the front of the engine too. It would be a restriction.

Originally Posted by cp2
I have yet to open my engine bay...haha. the fsport box is nice w/ the logo on it and if I could find just the box for a good price, I'd try and pick one up. but if the fsport filter can fit in the stock box, i'll go that route first. I can get one from my dealer for $65 before tax. is that a good price?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F Sport Intake or Not?