Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06, 01:01 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks bro.. i have a 30mm socket, but it isnt deep enough. gonna have to drop by sears i guess.
Old 01-08-06, 01:10 PM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Epik
i have a few more details to take care of. one thing i'm in desperate need of is new clips for the coil pack plugs. half of mine are broken. i was looking at a camry v6 in the junkyard the other day and it looks like they have the same clips.. anyone know for sure?

the next hurdle i need to clear is the driveshaft. the gte tranny and the ge tranny have a different tailshaft rotor. anyone can tell me (Monster.. CarlC) what is the size of that nut on the tailshaft? I need to buy a deep well socket to remove it and switch with my ge one to fit the driveshaft up.

i finished porting the exhaust manifold tonight, put the oil feed fittings in the turbos, and welded the last wastegate flange onto the manifold. getting very close. i'll be working on it a good bit tomorrow, so if anyone can post up about that tailshaft nut, i'll drop by sears and pick up that socket tomorrow.

thanks!
clips are cheap at Elmhurst or Champion toyota in Houston DONT CUT THE WIRES, pins just pop out of the old broken clips and slide into new ones. Keep track of wire position
Old 01-08-06, 06:31 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

yea, i knew about the pins just sliding out. do you have a part# for the clips? didnt get to work on the car today at all.. the honey-do list kept me here at home.
Old 01-09-06, 06:54 AM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Epik
yea, i knew about the pins just sliding out. do you have a part# for the clips? didnt get to work on the car today at all.. the honey-do list kept me here at home.
Elmhurtstoyota.com or toyotaworld.com, 90980-11246 COST 4.08 EA X 6
Old 01-17-06, 05:41 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

For those of you who doubted me......Well after a damn year and two shops....got my car out with nothing done...So im doing everything myself ....Im also 50 times more knowledgable than the other shops.........The previous shop it was at went under and had the engine mounted in but...........moron didnt put the harness on or manifold so i decided to pull my motor to ease things with wiring and fiting my manifold and single turbo setup........I will keep everyone updated on my swap....I will have to take some time off due to schooling.............

Old 01-18-06, 05:38 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

in the second pic, why does it look like you have 2 ABS pumps? You have one in the normal 1st gen location (at least on my 93) and one in the same location as an SC300 up behind the passengers strut tower??

And what is up with the harness adapter in the 5th pic?

Good luck with the swap bro.. yours is a 1jz right?

My custom twinz 2jz is done now.. running only 10psi till I get to the dyno later this week and tune it in.

Stay Tuned!
Old 01-18-06, 08:09 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, what is up with this?

Old 01-18-06, 10:49 AM
lpolo69
Pole Position

yeah its a 1jz.....and **** i just noticed that too............i dont know whats up with that././/..Could i remove that top abs..and us the one in front....kinda wierd...Im thinkin the previoujse owner abs prolly went bad and ****ed up ...kinda wierd..any ideas.......Thats a field harness.....I just extended it 3 feet so i wouldnt have to **** around with the orginal harness.....Its quite nice...Would you happen to know how difficult it is to wire in the body connector to the 1jz...ecu........................Your swap was prolly easier...did your engine come out of an aristo??

Last edited by lpolo69; 01-18-06 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-18-06, 11:03 AM
lpolo69
Pole Position

COuld i remove the whole abs system????
Old 01-18-06, 11:31 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lpolo69
yeah its a 1jz.....and **** i just noticed that too............i dont know whats up with that././/..Could i remove that top abs..and us the one in front....kinda wierd...Im thinkin the previoujse owner abs prolly went bad and ****ed up ...kinda wierd..any ideas.......Thats a field harness.....I just extended it 3 feet so i wouldnt have to **** around with the orginal harness.....Its quite nice...Would you happen to know how difficult it is to wire in the body connector to the 1jz...ecu........................Your swap was prolly easier...did your engine come out of an aristo??

So are both ABS unites hooked up? Does the one near the firewall look stock...is the the same as the front one...or different. I really want to move my ABS near the firewall...I don't like where mine is right now.
Old 01-18-06, 11:32 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that just a supra fields harness ? how much was it and where did you get it ? I see people are charging like 275 bux is that right ?

Last edited by twojayzee; 01-18-06 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-18-06, 01:21 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

i dont know if both of them are hooked up ...Ill have to check when i get back from school next week...

yeah its a field harness..it was made by Mike Urbano but he passed away several months ago....I just extended it....i got for like 100 bucks....but anywhere is 275 ...
Old 01-18-06, 11:19 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

COuld i remove the whole abs system????
Yes. I removed mine with no problems whatsoever. The ABS light on the dash is on, but I'll pull the cluster soon and yank the bulbs.. and the airbag light too.

Yes, my swap was from an Aristo, so I had to do very little to actually make it work in my car..well, if I hadnt chosen to custom build a lot of stuff anyway it would have been done much sooner. But I'm happy now, and I'll be even happier after the dyno this weekend.

Good luck on your car
Old 01-18-06, 11:45 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Awesome car man ...good luck on those dyno number!!!! WOuld you happen to know if the usdm. 2jzgte motor mounts will fit in our 1gen gs300's....because it worked with my stock gs mounts but that stupid shop broke them!!!!????
Old 01-19-06, 12:34 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

i have an almost new (10k miles) set of 1st gen GS mounts.. i think i paid about 135.00 for each of them from the dealer and that was my cost.... i'll sell them for 200.00 shipped for the pair.

Quick Reply: How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there?