Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 07:22 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 93 gs300 with a 1jzgte swap.........
Old 11-29-05, 07:25 PM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-05, 07:36 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

wow carl... you did an amazing job....
im purchasing another 93-95 gs300 and i am thinking of doing the aristo jdm swap or do a build up GEmotor with dave H intake manifold with veilside throttle body which i have actually in my possesion well the throttle body but.. i think the ge would be a cheaper way to go then doing an actual aristo swap... dont u think all that firwall fabrication just totally turns me off and the driveshaft too not fiting in... now that sounds like a nightmare but fun. i kno that front aristo clip isnt acouple of thousand matter of fact i seen those aristo clips gettin up there in the 3's...

so confuse on which way to go with the jzs147! if only u were up here in ny to help me with this project
Old 11-29-05, 07:42 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Originally Posted by lpolo69
are you serious.....who did the wiring did u have to use the soarer ecu??? prob did ..

CARL I JUST NOTICE THE IGNIT. IS ON THE PASS SIDE... AND THE ENGINE HARNESS IS TAPED WELL BUT ITS SITTING RIGHT ON TOP OF THE REAR TURBO... DOESN'T IT GET REALLY HOT BACK THERE??? AND I C U KEPT UR CRUISE CONTROL TOO
Old 11-29-05, 07:53 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lpolo69

Seems more like a downgrade than an upgrade to me, I mean with the fact that the 2JZ is a bigger motor.
Old 11-29-05, 08:19 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
Seems more like a downgrade than an upgrade to me, I mean with the fact that the 2JZ is a bigger motor.
thats not a downgrade...... that motor is 280hp.. and a high flowing head... 1jz with a 2jzge or gte bottom end is a sick stroker kit!

its a great motor but dont belong on the car but it slides right in with out banging the firewall and its a shorter motor and its a coil pack motor
Old 11-30-05, 01:09 AM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Here are some older pics of the car i havnt been to the shop in a while due to school...its in the process of getting single turbo now.......I will get a hold of my mechanic to see if he can send me more pics of the progress on the car........

Pics of the old ge

the 1jzgte

the car/

Old 11-30-05, 09:11 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sport Compact Car magazine did a write up on installing the single turbo 1JZ from the Chaser into the 1st gen a few months back. Had wiring instructions and all. The single turbo had no issues with the firewall and still was rated at 280hp. I know of several GTE swaps in the 1st gen.. have talked to the guys that have done most of them too.. minimal firewall "mods"..

The Japan Spec engine is the way to go IMO.. no MAF to worry with.. the engines are cheap compared to the USDM with a few basic differences.. JDM cams are smaller.. injectors are a different impedance and 450s not 550s.. all this can be corrected easily. I have been running just the shortblock from my Aristo swap along with the stock GE head for over a year now.. power should be in along with the GTE head back on it by the end of the year. I posted pics in the 1st gen forum.

I'd like to get another 1st gen sometime in the future and build a "typical-looking" Lexus for a daily driver.. big rims, but a big single for power too. My current GS is not the "typical-looking" Lexus..
Old 11-30-05, 09:53 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
thats not a downgrade...... that motor is 280hp.. and a high flowing head... 1jz with a 2jzge or gte bottom end is a sick stroker kit!

its a great motor but dont belong on the car but it slides right in with out banging the firewall and its a shorter motor and its a coil pack motor
Or just bolt a turbo up to your 2JZGE,, run 8psi and get close to 400hp. You can also put a GTE bottem end in a 2JZGE too, but without the cost of a 1JZ. Not to mention, what kind of aftermarket parts can you find for a 1JZ?

I would like to see the flow numbers between a 1JZ head and a 2JZGE head. I have also heard that the 2JZGE flows better than the 2JZGTE. It also may not be as much flow as air velocity through the ports. I know in the 4A world there is a small port and a big port head, and it all has to do with the velocity of the air through the head. The big port flows more, but the small port will give better power due to the increased velocity.

Last edited by SuprRunner; 11-30-05 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-30-05, 02:45 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I have always heard that the 1jz head outflowed the 2jzgte head as well. I have also heard that the JDM head has smaller ports and cams than the USDM head.. The ports in my JDM head are pretty small, but I dont have a USDM head here to compare.
Old 11-30-05, 02:59 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Epik
I have always heard that the 1jz head outflowed the 2jzgte head as well. I have also heard that the JDM head has smaller ports and cams than the USDM head.. The ports in my JDM head are pretty small, but I dont have a USDM head here to compare.
No, the 2JZGE, non-turbo. THe non-turbo is supposed to outflow the turbo...or at least is capable of flowing more...I am not sure which. Question is, how much more does the 1JZ flow? I have yet to see actual numbers.

Why would you use a JDM head? Your stock 2JZGE is US.
Old 11-30-05, 09:16 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I dont have just the stock 2jzGE. I bought the Aristo swap before I even bought my GS300 last year. I'm using just the 2jzgte bottom end (shortblock) right now, but I'm swapping the GTE head on in December. I posted pics of the twins setup I'm building for it in the 1st gen section.
Old 12-01-05, 07:50 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Carl.. I was just reading back over this and I see that you are using the Aristo tranny. Were there any differences in wiring? My stock USDM trannny is slipping badly the last few days and I'm installing the Aristo tranny tonight.. nothing different as far as I can see, but it doesnt hurt to ask someone who has done it recently. My GS300 is a 93 BTW.

Also, what is the stall on the Aristo convertor? I'm trying to decide before tonight to use the Aristo convertor or a stock 95 Supra TT one I have.

Thanks!! Excellent work!
Old 12-01-05, 08:05 AM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Default I Am Next

Carl Is A Busy Man.... He Is Workin On My Gs Swap..... I Saw His Work In Person And He Made Everything Realy Clean. I Also Got To Test Drive His Beast. It Was Fun To Meet Carl Do To... He Has The Same Color Car As Me And We Are Both In Ill With Aristo Motors..... I Decided To Leave It In His Hands For The Swap Do To Busyness With Work And School And First Mortgage.
Old 12-01-05, 08:30 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Very Nice, But Why Do You Type Like This??

Quick Reply: How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there?