Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 03:08 PM
cacrawfo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monster,

You need the toyota EWD for the year Supra you are doing, as well as a good pinout of the Aristo harness... (Electrical Wiring Diagram.) You can buy the EWC directly from Toyota, or look at it online at www.toyotatechinfo.com . I suggest the paper book, as the website is harder to use in a swap situation, and the paper book is only about $40. I believe you can order the EWD from the website as well.... It is harder to find the Aristo info, I do not even have the EWd for it. I had to do it by feel...

Since you will be extending the Aristo harness anyway, you can do some of your splicing to the Supra body harness there....

Or you can cheat and buy a Supra TT harness and ECU. You will need to switch a few things on the engine, as well as use a different ignitor. This might be your best bet if you are having doubts about doing the wiring yourself.

Epik,
Do you have a JDM engine, or a Supra engine? The Supra TT uses a different ignitor than the Aristo I think.....

Carl C
Old 12-08-05, 07:25 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carl, I have a JDM Aristo engine. there is only one cut on the harness, and it has 2 14 ga black/red wires in it and about 4-5 others.. I suspect that this was to the igniter plug since I didnt get one. Is there a substitution for the igniter in the US market? You say it is different than the USDM Supra TT?

Monster.. I checked up on the Avalon ignite and it is not the same part #.. where did you get the info? or is there some modification needed?
Old 12-09-05, 06:46 PM
cacrawfo
Rookie

Epik,
I will look at the P/N of the aristo ignitor and see if it is the same as the US.... but I have been told it is not... I do not know from personall experience..
Carl C
Old 12-10-05, 06:44 AM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Ignitor is the same on 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, Aristo/Supra/Chaser/Soarer, JDM or US-spec...they are all identical.

8/90---5/93 JZA70 1JZ Supra
10/93---8/98 JZA80 2JZ TT Supra
9/94---8/95 MCX10 (Avalon 1MZ V6) 95 model

ALL use the same Toyota/Denso igniter assy.

89621-22030 $355 (new) or find it used

Old 12-11-05, 12:03 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

thanks Monster!! now i know what to look for!
Old 12-12-05, 01:49 PM
cacrawfo
Rookie

My 90' 2JZ-GTE Aristo engine igniter is PN 89621-22020

This is the same as the 93' Supra TT ONLY per the Toyota parts catalog.

The 94' + Supra TT uses a different PN 89621-22030, which also is applicable to the 94'-95' Avalon.

I am not sure what the electrical differences are, but in 93', Toyota changed a lot of their pins and connectors, so it may just reflect that...

Carl C
Old 12-12-05, 07:06 PM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Default Pics

lets see some pics carl............. , , ,
Old 12-13-05, 09:42 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cacrawfo
Hello everybody,
but we did not get the fan and radiator assembly. That means we have to switch to an engine driven fan. Also, the power steering resivoir and hoses on the Aristo are on the wheelarch...... We did not get that, so we will have to fabricate something. I have both GE and GTE engine here on a stand, and am swapping the lower oil pan (GTE damaged) and a looking at the fan/water pump situation. Once I have it all nailed down, I will let you all know the best way around this situation. It may involve the water pump and rear housing from the Supra TT... not sure. ....Carl C
Carl, I'm looking at this same issue right now. I bought just an engine set and it has been over a year ago..going on 2.. I am trying to figure out a water pump solution. I already am using electric fans, and a Supra mk4 radiator. Is the Supra TT water pump a bolt on for the Aristo rear housing? Or will it have to be an all or nothing deal? The 2jzGE pump is close to fitting the Aristo rear housing after removing the hydro pump, but a few stud holes are out of place. My main concern is the upper rad hose port on the rear housing that goes into the head..

On a possibly positive note, I see that you have an engine from a 90-91 Aristo in your post.. my ECU is stamped 10,21,93. I'm guessing this is the date of manufacture. In that case I may get lucky and be able to use the Avalon igniter.

Anyone else that has an Aristo 2jzgte swap (1st gen) could you post up the yr of your engine and the part # on the igniter? What is the yr and part # on Dbltakegs3's?

Thanks for the help and support!!
Old 12-14-05, 12:56 PM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Any 1JZ/2JZ Twin Turbo water pump fits Aristo motor. NA pump doesnt fit.
Old 12-18-05, 06:11 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

The TT pump is not a direct fit either. I had to hybrid the GE rear housing to the TT pump in order to make it all usable. I have pics to show what I mean, will post them later. i guess maybe the TT rear housing would work perfectly, but i dont have the time or money to put into getting one.

Still working on the igniter.. i think i have one located in a local junkyard.. have to get a look at it and check the part #.
Old 12-20-05, 03:09 PM
MONSTER
Pole Position

I just swapped TT pump into Aristo 2JZ, and it worked perfect. Complete pump, not just front faceplate.
Old 12-21-05, 09:26 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

i only have a TT pump, not the rear housing, and Supra parts are hard to come by around here.. so here's my solution.

GE rear housing and up pipe that used to bolt to the GE head. GTE water pump and upper rad pipe. Cut the GE up pipe down and contoured it to the GTE upper rad pipe. Cut a hole in the GTE rad pipe to match and welded it together. Notwelded yet in the pic, but you get the idea.

Going to a junkyard tomorrow to hopefully pick up my igniter.. $35.00

Old 12-29-05, 10:51 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I need help. I found that the plug that was cut off my harness is for the IACV motor. There are 6 wires.. I have found a 6 pin plug to use on my old 2jzge harness, but I need to know the pin locations on the Aristo harness so I can attach them in the right place.

Carl.. Monster.. DBAristo.. anyone else with an Aristo gte ..can you look at the IACV plug (on the intake manifold, at the back, right above the 5th and 6th injectors) and tell me the pinout?? The colors I have are 2 black/red (14ga. wire) 1 white, 1 wht/red, 1 wht/blu, and 1 wht/black.. all about 20 ga wire.

Easiest way, if you are a person not familiar with pinouts.. is to take off the plug from the IACV.. turn it around, so you are looking at the back, where the wires go in.. and go from left to right across the top row.. then the bottom row. Top row is the side with the clip for the plug to lock in place.

Anybody's help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-05, 08:38 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am guessing the colors are not the same as US specs?
Old 12-30-05, 08:40 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OH, by the way, here is my modified N/A to GTE intake manifold. As you can see, I really had to build up a lot of material around the 2 middle ports.

Quick Reply: How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there?