Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Forced Induction Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-18, 12:54 PM
nh808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forced Induction Questions

Aloha all,

I am fairly new to the club lexus forums I mainly check out some forums regarding the fish kit, supercharging the 1uzfe, and checking out people build on occasion. My 93 SC400 has been sitting for a while and I have finally decided to pull the trigger on the project. I have ordered the intake manifold kit and 315CC injectors from bulletcars.com and I plan to mount my Magnuson M90 onto the kit and I had some questions. Sorry if there’s a thread about this already, I suck at searching lol, but what do I need to upgrade one I go forced induction? For now I plan on running low boost probably 5psi, what would I need to upgrade? I heard that transmission would have to be replaced after going over 7 psi but I’m asking what’s necessary to replace at 5psi? I don’t have the money right now to replace the trans but what would I have to replace once it’s installed? Bigger injectors? Currently have 315CC injectors coming in with the kit. Would I have to replace fuel lines? Fuel pump? Any advice would be helpful, also how have you guys converted your engine fan to electric? Engines fine while driving but at idle it will heat up, I plan on probably putting in 2 12 inch fans, is that too big or too small? And once the fan situation is done I’ll focus on mounting the supercharger and creating a BFI. I have the BFI forum saved somewhere I’ll probably go back to that later but anything else I would need to replace when I go supercharged?
Old 07-21-18, 02:33 AM
IISevv
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nh808
Aloha all,

I am fairly new to the club lexus forums I mainly check out some forums regarding the fish kit, supercharging the 1uzfe, and checking out people build on occasion. My 93 SC400 has been sitting for a while and I have finally decided to pull the trigger on the project. I have ordered the intake manifold kit and 315CC injectors from bulletcars.com and I plan to mount my Magnuson M90 onto the kit and I had some questions. Sorry if there’s a thread about this already, I suck at searching lol, but what do I need to upgrade one I go forced induction? For now I plan on running low boost probably 5psi, what would I need to upgrade? I heard that transmission would have to be replaced after going over 7 psi but I’m asking what’s necessary to replace at 5psi? I don’t have the money right now to replace the trans but what would I have to replace once it’s installed? Bigger injectors? Currently have 315CC injectors coming in with the kit. Would I have to replace fuel lines? Fuel pump? Any advice would be helpful, also how have you guys converted your engine fan to electric? Engines fine while driving but at idle it will heat up, I plan on probably putting in 2 12 inch fans, is that too big or too small? And once the fan situation is done I’ll focus on mounting the supercharger and creating a BFI. I have the BFI forum saved somewhere I’ll probably go back to that later but anything else I would need to replace when I go supercharged?
Well for one, you’ll need to upgrade the transmission no questions asked. It won’t hold more than 350 horsepower on a good day. Second, those injectors are tiny. Save yourself the headache and save up some money, research some parts, and order what you should really be getting down the road.