Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

budget fuel management

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 11:37 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Default budget fuel management

im thinking about doin NA-t. i got d i c ked on a 2jzgte i was goin to buy. so now NA-T time. anyways, i was looking at HPF's turbo kit. in their kit they use only a fuel pump and a vortech FMU for fuel management. is it safe and ok to use it in my na-t kit? im trying biuld the same kit they have but for alot less.
Old 04-23-06, 02:42 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should be a little bit more calm while typing. You have typos all over the place and its a bit hard to understand.

If you want a budget fuel management system, there are a couple of options:

Apexi SAFC II
Greddy Emanage Blue
PMR MAP-ECU

All fuel management systems have their pros and cons. However, I have no heard of anyone using a Vortech FMU for their NA-T. I wouldnt recommend it since it wasnt tried and tested.
Old 04-23-06, 09:32 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

sorry it was a lil late last night when i wrote it. this has been trail tested b4 by HPF. here is there link http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...ne_350-450rwhp

Want a LOT more power out of your NA Supra? How about 350rwhp+ at 10psi (and a lot more on race fuel!). This kit includes everything you will need including comprehensive instructions for a complete bolt up! Our kit comes with a T61 and utilizes a larger S-compressor cover with a full 4" inlet and 4" air filter. We didn't want any boost control issues, so we've included the Tial 44mm V-band wastegate that is standard on our 1000+ rwhp turbo kits. Maximizing flow is done with our 321SS manifold, 1 5/8" runners and 1/2" thick flanges at the head combined with our 3" downpipe with 2 O2 sensor bungs. Want the baddest intercooler, well we included it, with massive 3" intercooler piping 4 ply silicon connectors and stainless T-bolt clamps. In order to deliver enough fuel to meet these power demands, we've included everything you'll need to upgrade your fuel system which includes a Walbro fuel pump and a Vortech FMU. In addition, this kit doesn't require drilling holes in your block or pulling off your oil pan like our competitors kit does. We also include a blow off valve at no additional charge, and don't charge $300 more for the S cover. This kit bolts up to the factory mid-pipe.
Old 04-30-06, 05:45 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

LS400 MAF, 440cc Injectors, and an Apexi SAFC
or
LS400 MAF, 440cc injectors, Map-ecu
Old 04-30-06, 05:51 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

you may want to check out a thread over on supraforums concerning the kit as they talked a great deal about how the kit required no drilling for oil lines, etc..... just do a search and maybe they talked about the fuel managment on that kit as well.
Old 05-01-06, 11:35 PM
deruvian
Driver

Originally Posted by chitwnsazn
you may want to check out a thread over on supraforums concerning the kit as they talked a great deal about how the kit required no drilling for oil lines, etc..... just do a search and maybe they talked about the fuel managment on that kit as well.
I searched and searched and searched but couldn't find that thread... I'm mainly interested in it for the chat about not needing to drill for oil lines, since I'm not sure about which local shop to take my car to for the drilling process. Any help on finding this thread bud?
Old 05-02-06, 06:36 AM
chidoks
Pole Position

vpc/safc2 works for me
Old 05-02-06, 08:13 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=349015

u should brush up on your searching skills
Old 05-03-06, 10:39 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

haltech interceptor is also an option with the harness for our cars.
Old 05-04-06, 06:56 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

This poor guy just want to know if FMU would work on his system. The answer is YES! If you are running less then what your stock injectors can handle then FMU is fine. All the replies are about electiccal fuel control. FMU is a mechanical fuel control. This is the simplist and easiest way to manage fuel if you are running less 6-8 psi.

FMU will work and has been working for many years in the demostic community. However, its a simple unit and all it does is control fuel and for low boost NA-T, it will just fine. FME function proportional with boost and fuel pressure. One of my suggestion would be getting a FMU from Cartech because its adjustable.