Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New to 2jz

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 09:32 PM
2jpowa
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to 2jz

Hey guys its my first post! I bought a 1993 sc300 about a week ago. I found a really good deal on a vvti 2jzGTE with everything and auto transmission. I know i have to modifie the harness and oil pan. The motor is out of a 2001 aristo. ive heard some bad things about the vvti tho and wanted to find the facts out. Ive search and i read mixxed things, I heard the vvti is very hard to tune. and that its harder to make power the non vvti. Now would it be better to hold off and get non vvti, or is all this a lie? whch one is easier to work with. one guy told me to get it and put my NA head on there but i dont wanna do that much work just yet lol.
Thanks for the future advice
Alex
Old 07-10-11, 09:42 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All you gotta do is swap the stock oil pan and you are good to go.

Wiring is well documented as well, not too bad.

I had to translate Japanese Wiring diagrams because I got a JZX Chaser 1jz. Different oil pan and ECU wiring. But again, not too hard.

Variable Valve timing is the shiznatt. You get crazy torque bubbles out of them if you do tune them right, it's just math.

Most Engine management systems have a cam controller built in, so why not?

Check out the HKS VCAM controller system, and check out the Quick Spool Valve on Youtube.

These two things together would make an incredibly responsive V8 killer in torque and horsepower. Look it up.