Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

5Spd Conversion questions. SC400 related.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-09, 03:45 PM
jeepstR118
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5Spd Conversion questions. SC400 related.

the harness that goes to the auto tranny...what are they there for?

what does the car need to read from the tranny?

also

what is needed to be done to fool the auto ECU into thinking its always in neutral?

ps - also i guess since i am here? anyone ever tried installing a non toyota/lexus clutch pedal in an sc400? i just got quoted $289 at the local dealer for a clutch pedal of an sc300....i have an s13 one might try and see if it works...

thanks.
Old 02-12-09, 04:21 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

run a wire from the starter to the black with white stripe wire under the steering column to bypass the neutral safty switch.

driftmotion has everything you need to do auto/ five speed also check the forsale section.
Old 02-12-09, 04:51 PM
Ursus
Rookie

Someone on lextreme mentioned that al you have to do is add a resistor somewhere but wouldn't say exactly where. Ithink he was in the business of swapping 400's into manual swaps.
Old 02-12-09, 05:34 PM
jeepstR118
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Slow_Sc3
run a wire from the starter to the black with white stripe wire under the steering column to bypass the neutral safty switch.

driftmotion has everything you need to do auto/ five speed also check the forsale section.
hmm that simple?
and i am going with a different tranny an usual...i chose this set up becuase i can re place anything i need with in hrs really lol i had most of the parts laying around and the rest where easly to get....if the harness that runs to the auto tranny isnt special then i guess i should have anything holding me back from being able to drive the car....i dont mind not having a speedometer and such... we'll see when the time comes the car should be getting started in a week or so...just need the last few parts.
Old 02-13-09, 06:04 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Into your SC400... what are you using for flywheel, adapter plate etc? I am working on a conversion with a buddy of mine. This is his site www.uza70.com ... sign up on the forums and post there any questions that you have if you havent figured that out already.

For pedals.. MK3 pedals will work with mods, there are a few threads out there.