Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Overheating issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-07, 07:51 AM
SEXYCOUPE4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating issue

I have a 1993 lexus sc400, i just recently did a major tune up (timing belt,waterpump,thermostat,spark plugs and wires,distrubutors,cap rotors,coil packs, and i even had to replace the intake manifold) But i do have a little crack at the top of my coolant tank resovior which squirt out anti freeze at the very top of the tank. And i Also have a problem with the seals on my engine fan pump on the engine. Please let me know how to fix this problem. And a diy for the seal on the pump.Everyday i have to relieve pressure out of coolant tank no leaks accept from crack on the top of the coolant tank. Quote i can drive for a long time and when it's slightly cold car runs perfect. Please help It also boils in the coolant tank resiovior

Last edited by SEXYCOUPE4; 10-19-07 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-19-07, 10:24 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id say buy a new seal that way the problem is fixed. and maybe you have too much coolant in there if its spilling out the top of the resevoir. Is the car actually overheating? Like on your dash it shows its overheating
Old 10-19-07, 11:00 AM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

don't fill your reservoir to the neck, fill it to the full mark. The rest of the space is so vapor can escape from your cap, that's why there's a hose on your cap. The crack on your reservoir isn't a problem since there's already an outlet point on your cap from the hose. But I don't know how you get boiling fluid in your reservoir. I mean, the reservoir's function is mainly to catch the over-flow from your radiator, most of the time, other times is to pick-up fluid from reservoir if level is low in radiator. maybe you can replace that seal you said was damage
Old 10-19-07, 12:00 PM
SEXYCOUPE4
Rookie

Default RE:overheating

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Id say buy a new seal that way the problem is fixed. and maybe you have too much coolant in there if its spilling out the top of the resevoir. Is the car actually overheating? Like on your dash it shows its overheating
replace seal on the engine fan fluid pump or where
Old 10-19-07, 12:02 PM
SEXYCOUPE4
Rookie

Default re:overheating

Originally Posted by 2JZSoarer
don't fill your reservoir to the neck, fill it to the full mark. The rest of the space is so vapor can escape from your cap, that's why there's a hose on your cap. The crack on your reservoir isn't a problem since there's already an outlet point on your cap from the hose. But I don't know how you get boiling fluid in your reservoir. I mean, the reservoir's function is mainly to catch the over-flow from your radiator, most of the time, other times is to pick-up fluid from reservoir if level is low in radiator. maybe you can replace that seal you said was damage
replace seal on the engine fan fluid pump or where
Old 10-19-07, 12:06 PM
SEXYCOUPE4
Rookie

Default so....

what if i fill the reservior and when i go check it it's lower than when filled it where can it be going. or probaly because i filled it with water to compensate for the antifreeze it vaporizing i dont know i just wanna fix it. Do the engine coolant fan fluid plays a major part with to the cooling down of the engine and how can i replace the seal on the pump for the engine fan ( where can i find the seals )
Old 10-19-07, 02:21 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not familiar with the sc400 but if your filling it then its lower its going into your radiator (check it for cracks) the radiator not the resovoir