Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LSD HELP! How to tell if it's a LSD

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 08:14 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LSD HELP! How to tell if it's a LSD

LSD HELP!
OK, I Bought what is supposed to be a LSD rear end from a 93-98 supra TT automatic car. Here is the deal, It came today and I need to verify it is what the guy said it was. How can I verify it is a LSD? I turn the pinion and both axles move but yet I can stop one and the other will turn, this is not how a posi rear end reacts. How can I tell for sure without opening it up? Or even if I pull the cover how can I tell? I am starting to worry I didnt get what I it was supposed to be? Any one that could help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by ScottURnot; 03-02-06 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-01-06, 08:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Scott,

These threads might help
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=supra+lsd
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=supra+lsd
One of our GS members has some good pics on his DIY site
http://lexusmodz.netfirms.com/GS_DIY/LSD/
I know there is another (better) one but haven't been able to find it yet

know the pic is for the GS, but you can see the gears on the TT

I think the only way to know for sure is to open it up and look from what I've read.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-01-06 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-01-06, 08:45 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks! I'll pull the cover off and take a look. Some one said the top of the pumking should have ribs or it is not a LSD, any truth to that?
Old 03-01-06, 09:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Thanks! I'll pull the cover off and take a look. Some one said the top of the pumking should have ribs or it is not a LSD, any truth to that?
All of the Supra TT LSDs I've ever seen in person or pictured have the ribs, but as you read in the post some folks say they've seen flat covers from certain years. Don't think you can count on that 100%.
Old 03-01-06, 11:50 PM
turbo6
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was scammed by Sherbaz Mann selling a "LSD Rear" when infact I got an open rear, maybe from a '97 Supra TT auto as some supras came open dif...
From that I learned 2 things:
1. Never do business with Sherbaz, he's a fraud.
2. Always open the back cover and check!

The pic above should show you, or else snap a pic and post it up and I'll tell you.
Old 03-02-06, 12:04 AM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i always thought sherbaz was a good seller. Hope you get it worked out
Old 07-06-06, 09:06 AM
Sherbaz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you ****ing kidding me??? Here you go again crying and making no sense.. Tell the whole story you ***.. I have sold $100k+ worth of stuff and 99% of people on forums do business with me. I would really give a flying ****** about your $1000 and scam you of a diff.. You are the one who scammed me of two differentials and many other people on diff forums.. You got owned when people from Nissan forums came to supraforums and owned you and told everyone about your real side.. You ran off and scammed them of all their money.. Did you forget to mention the lawsuit that you had against you??? Did you forget to tell everyone that you used my diff for over 9 months, went to numerous track events, cut 1.4 60ft's, did John force burnouts and when you blew it up decided to call me AFTER 9 MONTHS asking me for another diff???????????????Gtfoh!!! Did you forget to tell everyone to if you ever returned the first diff back to me?????? No.. Stop talking **** b.c you are not going anywhere and only thing you are doing is pissing me off.. I will spend money out of my pocket to help the people who you ****ed if you don't stop posting false accusations!!!! There was a reason Larry at Innovations in Orlando didn't want to do business with you and told you to **** OFF.. You are inconsiderate and a liar and even Larry who is a saint hates you.. I wonder why.. If I ever see more ****, I will make sure to pay you a visit you turd... Get a life!!!!
Old 07-06-06, 11:58 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoa calm down buddy. He wrote that like 3 months ago.

On another note if you have anymore 3.76 TT w/ LSD can u shoot me an email or IM to tonydt1g3r@aol.com
Old 07-06-06, 01:49 PM
fjurado1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power brake the car, burn a nice patch and go and check the skid marks. One skid mark you have a one legger. Two skids you have possi!!!!!
Old 07-06-06, 02:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Sherbaz
Are you ****ing kidding me??? Here you go again crying and making no sense.. Tell the whole story you ***.. I have sold $100k+ worth of stuff and 99% of people on forums do business with me. I would really give a flying ****** about your $1000 and scam you of a diff.. You are the one who scammed me of two differentials and many other people on diff forums.. You got owned when people from Nissan forums came to supraforums and owned you and told everyone about your real side.. You ran off and scammed them of all their money.. Did you forget to mention the lawsuit that you had against you??? Did you forget to tell everyone that you used my diff for over 9 months, went to numerous track events, cut 1.4 60ft's, did John force burnouts and when you blew it up decided to call me AFTER 9 MONTHS asking me for another diff???????????????Gtfoh!!! Did you forget to tell everyone to if you ever returned the first diff back to me?????? No.. Stop talking **** b.c you are not going anywhere and only thing you are doing is pissing me off.. I will spend money out of my pocket to help the people who you ****ed if you don't stop posting false accusations!!!! There was a reason Larry at Innovations in Orlando didn't want to do business with you and told you to **** OFF.. You are inconsiderate and a liar and even Larry who is a saint hates you.. I wonder why.. If I ever see more ****, I will make sure to pay you a visit you turd... Get a life!!!!
Sherbaz, take a month off from Club Lexus for the threat of personal attack and language. You will receive no further warning should you break our rules again in this manner.