Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

clutch master cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 08:01 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch master cylinder?

does anyone got a pic of the sc3 clutch master cylinder?? i want to compare it to a mk3 turbo one and see if they are alike or similar. someone mentioned that the mk3 clutch master cylinder would work but i want to be sure, thanks

Last edited by prjctSC300; 01-11-06 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-12-06, 04:39 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

yup i'd like to know also.I searched and even started a thread asking the exact same question awhile ago and got no response.
Old 01-12-06, 08:34 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

why not just use a stock 5speed or 6 speed one. the price should be nearly identical along with the parts being almost exactly the same. i had a pic but i did some cleanup on my hard drive the other week sorry
Old 01-12-06, 11:14 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
why not just use a stock 5speed or 6 speed one. the price should be nearly identical along with the parts being almost exactly the same. i had a pic but i did some cleanup on my hard drive the other week sorry
yes sir, turns out I ordered one for a stock 5spd SC along with a factory slave cylinder also. I wanted to know actually if there was any difference in compatibility and if compatible would there be any advantages(I would think an obvious yes, but that's where I need an expert opinion on)
Old 01-12-06, 03:55 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

i should probably take my foot out of my mouth for assuming something different. the mechanism is slightly different but it would work. i suggest using the factory lexus/mkiv part only for the reason that it is one less item that has been hybridized to work, so to speak. hybridized meaning one part from another car to the lex/mkiv. less hassle down the road if there becomes an issue etc. tho i am an advocate of using whatever part off of whatever car to meet the need (even parts off of domestics) but, the factory lexus part is such an amazing well built unit for its durability and lack of problems

to to make a long story short. it will work but there arent any real advantages to using one other than cost.
Old 01-13-06, 05:30 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Cool. that's seems to be what I was looking for. I would think it'd be in my best interest to stick w/the Lexus clutch master cylinder, after all mine did hold up for 170+ miles
Old 01-13-06, 07:24 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

so whats this replacement of parts for? anything special going in or just some mantinence? either way good luck on the install, should be a piece of cake.
Old 01-13-06, 08:17 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
so whats this replacement of parts for? anything special going in or just some mantinence? either way good luck on the install, should be a piece of cake.
not sure about prjctsc300, but I need to replace mine because it went out on me
Old 01-13-06, 10:52 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

that sucks sorry to hear. well atleast you are addressing the issue and looking for all the routes you can possibly take. good luck on getting it fixed. like i said before, installation is easy.
Old 01-13-06, 07:44 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

thanks man. Btw do you have any links for installation? I'm sure I can figure it out, but just want everything to be done by the book if possible. I appreciate all the feedback, tia.

-mike.
Old 01-13-06, 09:10 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

under dash-remove the 2 12mm nuts bolted on clutch pedal base and take out the cotter pin that holds the pin that goes though the top of the clutch pedal

in the engine bay side-use a open 10mm wrench to remove the brake line