Remote starter 2018 NX

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-18, 09:03 AM
mcschan86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote starter 2018 NX

Canadian 2018 NX.
Has anyone successfully discover remote starter on the NX? I read somewhere that it is standard and can be activated by pressing lock 3 times and hold. But I couldn't get it to work and start to wonder if I have to set something up or if the model doesn't come with this feature.
Old 01-27-18, 11:43 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I don't believe that remote start, either with the key fob or phone app, is available on the Canadian version of the NX.

See this thread and, particularly, post #18.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...e-starter.html
Old 01-29-18, 04:49 AM
nozz3857
Driver School Candidate

We just bought an 18 NX 300 about 3 weeks ago. We've never got the remote start to work on the fob or the app. After calling the dealer and Lexus, they both tried a few things but still won't work.
It's going in to the dealer this week to get it working. Funny thing is I drive 2017 Chevy Colorado. It has the Onstar remote app and it works perfectly. Lexus has had issues with their app for a while now. Go figure.
Old 01-29-18, 06:54 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by nozz3857
We just bought an 18 NX 300 about 3 weeks ago. We've never got the remote start to work on the fob or the app. After calling the dealer and Lexus, they both tried a few things but still won't work.
It's going in to the dealer this week to get it working. Funny thing is I drive 2017 Chevy Colorado. It has the Onstar remote app and it works perfectly. Lexus has had issues with their app for a while now. Go figure.

i hear ya. i don't have nav and really wasn't concerned abut it because of the app that supposedly works through my phone...HA! my dealer still cant get it to work....
Old 01-29-18, 08:45 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

It's amazing to me how Lexus really could mess up remote start like this. Every other car manufacture has it on the key fob. It really couldn't be any easier. Most manufactures have the option to use the phone in addition to the keyfob.
I just can't understand why they made it this difficult and to have to pay a monthly service for the remote start. I think that is what I am more annoyed about... paying for a service that a car that is half as much comes with and just works with zero issues. Hell my parents Patriot which is a cheap suv has a default Mopar keyless entry which was $350 extra and works right off the fob. My sister's Fit also has the fob, plus it tells you the temp of the interior... again was like a $350 option.. I feel like when you are paying $50k+ for a vehicle these little things should be worked out to where they just "work" and come standard.... Our w211 again, push the fob twice and it turns on the car. Very very simple.

-Nigel
Old 01-30-18, 02:27 AM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It works fine from the FOB for me. Click lock three times quickly and hold the third click.

Since I still have the complimentary service, still, I can't see if it is tied to the subscription, but it might be. I agree that this approach is stupid. Ok, a minor fee to use the remote app, perhaps, but locking the FOB out is BS.
Old 02-12-18, 06:53 AM
pobrien5
Driver School Candidate

Default reactivate Wireless FOB Remote Start

Lexus gives you Enform for a year that allowed remote start from smart phone and wireless key fobs. Now that the trial is over they deactivate both. Obviously the car is capable of remote start from the wireless FOB but Lexus chooses to deactivate this function when you don't take there Enform app. I want to know has anyone gotten just the wireless key fob remote start reactivated with out a subscription to Enform? Can a program like TIS Techstream reprogram this function?

Last edited by pobrien5; 02-12-18 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-12-18, 07:44 AM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I don't believe that remote start, either with the key fob or phone app, is available on the Canadian version of the NX.

See this thread and, particularly, post #18.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...e-starter.html
That is correct, Enform Remote does not work in Canada yet, they are working on that capability, rumor is later this year or early next year
Old 02-13-18, 12:25 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by pobrien5
Lexus gives you Enform for a year that allowed remote start from smart phone and wireless key fobs. Now that the trial is over they deactivate both. Obviously the car is capable of remote start from the wireless FOB but Lexus chooses to deactivate this function when you don't take there Enform app. I want to know has anyone gotten just the wireless key fob remote start reactivated with out a subscription to Enform? Can a program like TIS Techstream reprogram this function?
That would be awesome if this could somehow be switched on with Techstream... I wonder if anyone that has that could dabble in and look for something? I've said is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen on this NX so far. You pay a large amount of money then have to pay a subscription to remote start it when ALL the hardware and capabilities are already wired into the vehicle. Just paying for a service because is annoying...

-Nigel
Old 02-13-18, 01:58 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

curious what happens if you disable the cell communication back to Lexus when it's working and after your one year Enform is up, will the FOB still work...
Old 02-13-18, 03:27 PM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Originally Posted by typocl
curious what happens if you disable the cell communication back to Lexus when it's working and after your one year Enform is up, will the FOB still work...
nope, must have an active subscription for even the fob to work now
Old 02-13-18, 03:29 PM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Originally Posted by Ogrechan
It works fine from the FOB for me. Click lock three times quickly and hold the third click.

Since I still have the complimentary service, still, I can't see if it is tied to the subscription, but it might be. I agree that this approach is stupid. Ok, a minor fee to use the remote app, perhaps, but locking the FOB out is BS.
nope it IS connected to an active subscription. I read that BMW is going the same route, they are going to start charging for these features
Old 02-13-18, 06:03 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLjasonW
nope, must have an active subscription for even the fob to work now
yeah, but if you have an active subscription, kill the cell signal in the car or somehow block it, how does the car know it's expired? Does it have a built in timer, or does it wait for a kill signal from Lexus?
Old 02-14-18, 09:42 AM
Elation
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mcschan86
Canadian 2018 NX.
Has anyone successfully discover remote starter on the NX? I read somewhere that it is standard and can be activated by pressing lock 3 times and hold. But I couldn't get it to work and start to wonder if I have to set something up or if the model doesn't come with this feature.
Canadian RX owner here.
In order to activate that 3 times and hold, you have to purchase the Remote Starter from the dealer first.
Either OEM or aftermarket.

The aftermarket, they install and program your keyfob. The OEM starter, you get the extra remote starter keyfob and they also program your existing keyfob.
The range on the existing keyfob to start your car is horrible though.
By the time you get to start it, you are at the car. And Lexus shuts off the engine when you unlock the vehicle.
So, I was disappointed with the Lexus remote starter.

And No Lexus Enform feature for Canadian cars.
Old 02-14-18, 11:11 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, based on what you're saying, we'd be better with an aftermarket remote start programmed with the OEM key fob instead of buying the remote start from Lexus? And what kind of range are you getting? 50ft? 100ft?

For me, having a OEM vs aftermarket remote start is not important; what's important is not having 2 fobs in my pockets.

Quick Reply: Remote starter 2018 NX