2018 NX - remote starter ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-17, 12:01 PM
slypx
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 2018 NX - remote starter ?

Hi All

Anyone with a 2018 can confirm (especially from Canada) if there is a remote starter that comes with it (or available as an option like the 2017) ?

Looking to buy a 2018 F-Sport Series 3 and while doing a road test of a 2017 (before the 2018 hit the dealer’s yard last September) was surprise to learn that they come in as an option AND a second remote !! Really Lexus ? A second remote...? in 2017 ? I own a 2015 Murano and a 2011 Edge and they both came with the remote starter embedded in the regular remote 2 and 7 years ago ...

Thanks
Old 12-01-17, 12:11 PM
trailhiker
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the US remote start comes as part of Enform. My 2018 has it through the app on the phone
Old 12-01-17, 12:20 PM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by trailhiker
In the US remote start comes as part of Enform. My 2018 has it through the app on the phone
Thanks - Interesting to know that - especially that Enform is (finally) also available here too in Canada for the NX

Last edited by slypx; 12-01-17 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-01-17, 12:37 PM
Exzachly
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As trailhiker said, this is accessed in the Enform App, which also includes a lot more useful items:
-- door lock/unlock
-- current fuel level
-- distance/miles to empty
-- vehicle location (displayed on a map)
-- driver profile settings (can restrict times of day vehicle can drive, max speed, etc).

See attached pic of the Enform app home screen.
Attached Thumbnails 2018 NX - remote starter ?-img_1177.png  
Old 12-01-17, 03:00 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

good thing for 2018, I think it comes with 10 years of safety connect, so adding the remote option is cheaper per month:

http://www.lexus.com/enform/availability-pricing
Old 12-02-17, 06:42 PM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by Exzachly
As trailhiker said, this is accessed in the Enform App, which also includes a lot more useful items:
-- door lock/unlock
-- current fuel level
-- distance/miles to empty
-- vehicle location (displayed on a map)
-- driver profile settings (can restrict times of day vehicle can drive, max speed, etc).

See attached pic of the Enform app home screen.
​​​​​​
Thanks - Downloaded the app but if I select my region (Canada) versus the USA region, the Lexus Apps option (button) dissapear from the bottom bar removing the remote start option letting me believe it’s not available out here ... Any fellow Canadians​ that can confirm is remote is available in Canada ?
Old 12-02-17, 09:53 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

can you try the remote start with the keyfob method?
Old 12-03-17, 12:00 AM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

Hmm, I switched the locale on my phone to CA and the "Lexus Apps" button did disappear. Out of curiosity, did you try to search for "Lexus Enform Remote" in the app store as well? It is a separate app. If not, can you install the app, by switching locals or installing it directly? Is there an option to add "Remote" in the "Manage Lexus Enform" area of the Lexus Drivers website for you? It is a service which needs to be activated.

It is interesting that the article on lexus.ca only lists "Safety Connect, App Suite 2.0 and Destination Assist." http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/about/lexus-enform
Old 12-03-17, 05:36 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by typocl
Like mentionned in my intro post, looking to buy a 2018, don’t own one yet. Will plan a dealer visit soon ...

Last edited by slypx; 12-03-17 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-03-17, 05:46 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by Ogrechan
Hmm, I switched the locale on my phone to CA and the "Lexus Apps" button did disappear. Out of curiosity, did you try to search for "Lexus Enform Remote" in the app store as well? It is a separate app. If not, can you install the app, by switching locals or installing it directly? Is there an option to add "Remote" in the "Manage Lexus Enform" area of the Lexus Drivers website for you? It is a service which needs to be activated.

It is interesting that the article on lexus.ca only lists "Safety Connect, App Suite 2.0 and Destination Assist." http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/about/lexus-enform
Thanks for looking into it, Exactly my points ... Seems like the Enform in his Canadian version lacks some important features like remote start. No, the Lexus Enform Remote app is not available in the Canadian App Store. I have an american account, I switched and I sees it in the USA store ... Going back to a Canadian dealer in my area soon.

I really want that NX300 and I can hardly believe I am going to buy a 60 000 $ (CDN) vehicle without an OEM remote start option and will have to install an aftermarket one ... At least for the 2015-2017, they’ve listed a remote start option with a additionnal keyfob ...

Lexus, please don’t make it a show stopper...
Old 12-03-17, 09:06 PM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

I'd be curious to know if the car has everything needed. It might have the software and hardware, but has simply not been released for some reason. I wonder if setting it up via a US account would allow it to work.

Good luck.
Old 12-13-17, 02:47 PM
Ferdie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
to start the engine all you have to do is press and hold the unlock button. 1-2-3 hold wait till you see 3 blinks. Press quickly then hold.
Old 12-13-17, 02:54 PM
Ferdie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try pressing the unlock button 3 times on the third press hold it until you see 3 blinks of the lights then release
Old 12-13-17, 06:20 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

what's nice about the '18 is Safety Connect and Service Connect are free for 10 years, while remote start and destination assist are only $8 a month after the first year.

Also App Suite 2.0 is very important for the 18. It connects/sets up your wifi and guides you through getting the other needed apps.
Old 12-15-17, 01:54 PM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Lexus Canada has confirmed there will be no remote starter available for the 2018 NX this year. A new kit is being built at the moment and the earliest they expect it to arrive is fall of 2018.

Quick Reply: 2018 NX - remote starter ?