NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

What do you like-love/dislike-hate about your NX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-18, 08:23 AM
jayinco
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My input is based on comparisons to current other car (2015 MDX) and the trade-in (2009 TSX) and the fact that we live at 6000 feet (Colorado Springs). Not many differences from previous posts...
Mine is a 2017 AWD base. We got it in May of 2017 and are pushing 10,000 miles.

PROs:
Styling - Completely subjective but I love the looks of this vehicle (although I like the F-Sport front end better)
Ride - Compared to my TSX on these crappy COS roads....much nicer. Plus, it does feel VERY nimble for an SUV (really want to lower it but concerned about ride compromise)
Noise Level - Compered to my TSX, much quieter....I even think its quieter than our MDX.
Power - This was a big improvement over the TSX, especially at this altitude (Turbo loses almost no power at higher elevation.....TSX was probably down to 180 or less)
Seats - Very soft leather and easy to find a comfortable position. I agree with previous posts....very comfortable on long trips.
Rear Seats - They are recline-adjustable....great for slouching teen on road trips.
Value - We got 5 grand off sticker and higher-than-trade-in on the TSX.
Heated seats - VERY quick heating compared to the Acuras (level 3 is often too hot)
Heating/Cooling controls - I like the fact that there are still buttons....no waiting for touch screen (Biggest gripe of the MDX)

CONs:
Fuel Economy - Still cannot figure out how the MDX gets better HWY economy (given similar speeds and same road).
Range - Small fuel tank and aggressive fuel light limits HWY range to about 350 miles....
Stereo - Miss the subwoofer from the TSX (I'm not going to throw a box in the NX)
Passenger area storage - Yeah....a little lacking (compared to TSX and MDX)
Initial turbo lag - Lots of very wide, uncontrolled, high-speed, limited visibility intersections here....need to get going, NOW!
Memory seats - I agree...buttons are in an odd location, should be illuminated and presets should be linked to key fobs
Moon roof - retracts up and over rather inside roof panel makes it noisier (although I'm sure they did this to save headroom)

Other's gripes that haven't affected me:
Sunglass holder - mirror is in the glove box and the opening perfectly fits my IPod classic (with rubber case) (inside I have Carmex and cleaning cloth for glasses). Glass cases are in the door storage behind the cup holder.
Power Folding Mirrors - Yeah, that would be nice, but not mandatory as I almost always park away from others (unless wife is with me)