NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Tein CS installation for 2IS...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-07, 06:53 PM
Benji668
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein CS installation for 2IS...

Hi guys, I needed as much opinions as I can get from all of you. I recently purchased Tein CS for my 2IS. But haven't decide whether I should bring it to a recommended shop for installation or install it myself for saving a few hundred dollars. Any thought?
Old 04-15-07, 08:45 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well it kinda all depends on how much of a mechanic you are... it's just like any other car just one or two minor things you need to make sure you do.... there's an auto leveling sensor in the front for your headlights...it's recommended to unplug the sensor if you are putting the car on a lift...supposedly keeping it plugged in could mess up your autoleveling and would have you take an unnecessary trip to the dealer. other than that the fronts are the same as any other car. probably half an hour for each side if you have all the right tools and equipment. as for the back it was a PITA removing the interior trunk carpet to get to the strut mounts and removing the wheel well carpet... (I didn't do ANY of this but it looked tough watching my friend's employees do all the work...haha) i mean you could do it... it's nothing big other than what i just explained... a FEW hundred to install? sheesh... call some friends over...buy them lunch or something.... on a nice day... go at it.