Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just Picked Up My Tein CS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-04, 03:48 PM
Lex2Go
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just Pick Up Tein CS

I'm so excited, I just pick up the tein cs last nite and made an appointment with John at Exact Motorsport to install it on Monday. Clublexus has been great at providing me with everything I need to know about mods... I was deciding between the Flex and the CS and after reading hundreds of threads I deciding that the CS what I'm looking for. This is the first of many mods for my GS430 but I just have to take it slow because of my wallet. Thanks everybody for your help in determing the right setup. I take pics of the install on monday at Exact and shall post it up here.

Thanks,
Hung
Old 01-16-04, 04:00 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats! Make sure you give us your driving impressions after the install.
Old 01-16-04, 06:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

awesome. exact motorsport is so close to some of us, we should meet up some time
Old 01-16-04, 06:56 PM
Lex2Go
Driver

Rominl, most of the questions about Tein was answer by you and other experts on CL. I think I've read all your posts about tein.

There was a place in SF that quoted me $120 for installing the Tein, but I just didn't trust them because I talk to one of the installer and he told me he never installed one on a GS before.

I rather pay a little more and get it done right then regret it later down the road. I just can't wait til Monday.

Let's have a meet at Exact on Monday.
Old 01-16-04, 08:42 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

When will you be there? I may be off on Monday, but if I'm around I'll stop by. I work just across the freeway from Exact. Tell John and Sandy we all said hello.

Last edited by redgs4; 01-16-04 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-16-04, 10:51 PM
Lex2Go
Driver

redgs4,

My appointment is at 2 pm so i'll be around there by 1:30. Check your pm.
Old 01-17-04, 01:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by Lex2Go
Rominl, most of the questions about Tein was answer by you and other experts on CL. I think I've read all your posts about tein.

There was a place in SF that quoted me $120 for installing the Tein, but I just didn't trust them because I talk to one of the installer and he told me he never installed one on a GS before.

I rather pay a little more and get it done right then regret it later down the road. I just can't wait til Monday.

Let's have a meet at Exact on Monday.
\

oh did i help? i post too much i don't know who i talk to but yeah, when it comes down these, i always say, money is one thing, but if you have a nice car, do it right by making sure it's done right
Old 01-17-04, 02:47 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK another mini meet at Exact on Monday !

How many times have we met at their shop like this ?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-17-04 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-17-04, 09:08 AM
Lex2Go
Driver

Originally posted by rominl
\

oh did i help? i post too much i don't know who i talk to but yeah, when it comes down these, i always say, money is one thing, but if you have a nice car, do it right by making sure it's done right
Yeah, because I've learned my lesson the hard way before, looking for the cheapest place and at the end I shelled out lots more money to get it fix then if I've gone with place with experience in the first place.

RMMGS4,

I was at the San Jose Auto Show and took quite a few pics of your GS and Indgogrl's IS, I didn't get any good shot with all the ropes and support colums in the way. That was the main reeson I went to the auto show. Upstair of kinda boring, it was like all the car dealers under one roof nothing really special.
Old 01-17-04, 11:14 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Just Pick Up Tein CS

I'm so excited, I just pick up the tein cs last nite and made an appointment with John at Exact Motorsport to install it on Monday. Clublexus has been great at providing me with everything I need to know about mods... I was deciding between the Flex and the CS and after reading hundreds of threads I deciding that the CS what I'm looking for. This is the first of many mods for my GS430 but I just have to take it slow because of my wallet. Thanks everybody for your help in determing the right setup. I take pics of the install on monday at Exact and shall post it up here.

Thanks,
Hung
i would like to know what it was that convinced you to go with the tein cs over all the other options. not trying to flame. i would like to get coilovers on the wifes gs400 but she thinks my jic flt 2a's are to stiff. she likes that cushy lexus ride. i read a chart that had the tein cs as one of the softest coilovers.

also if you could tell me what you paid for them i would have an idea of when this might work its way into the mod budget list.

thanks and looking forward to a review once youget them on. ivan

Last edited by 3dog; 01-17-04 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-17-04, 01:27 PM
Lex2Go
Driver

Default Re: Re: Just Pick Up Tein CS

Originally posted by 3dog
i would like to know what it was that convinced you to go with the tein cs over all the other options. not trying to flame. i would like to get coilovers on the wifes gs400 but she thinks my jic flt 2a's are to stiff. she likes that cushy lexus ride. i read a chart that had the tein cs as one of the softest coilovers.

also if you could tell me what you paid for them i would have an idea of when this might work its way into the mod budget list.

thanks and looking forward to a review once youget them on. ivan
The reason I picked the CS over the Flex is comfort...I know I lose some lexus comfort ride when I lower the car no matter which one I pick... but to minimized the stiffness of lowering, I went with Tein CS. Even though with the Flex you can lower the car alot more...CS fit me perfectly because I'm was not planning to lower it too much any way. Hope that help. I paid $1200 for the Tein.
Old 01-17-04, 03:14 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Good choice!

I am very happy with the ride/handling balance with the Tein CS coilovers. Sway bars will help a lot too, if you can get them installed at the same time that would be good. I had mine set at 1.5" lower than stock and like the way it sits now. You are wise to choose an good installer rather than the cheapest one. I have also learned the "hard way" about going with the low bid.
Old 01-18-04, 05:08 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redgs4,

My appointment is at 2 pm so i'll be around there by 1:30. Check your pm.
I hope to swing by. Are you planning on hanging out there during the install?
Old 01-18-04, 07:02 PM
Lex2Go
Driver

redgs4,

Yeah I'll be around during the install. No ride to go anywhere.
Old 01-18-04, 09:06 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as I remember, I'll be there too.

Don't know whether to take the GS or IS tho

Redgs4

can you call me as a reminder??

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-18-04 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Just Picked Up My Tein CS!