WTD: 1990-1994 LS400 or SC400 Factory Cell Phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 06:55 AM
dbullen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 1990-1994 LS400 or SC400 Factory Cell Phone

Original Lexus Cell phone kit to Fit 1992 SC400, I believe either the LS400 or SC400 cell phone kit will do. I would require the following (correct me if i'm wrong)
- Cell Phone itself that fits in center console
- controls that connect to steering wheel (this includes the built in mic I believe)
- any cabling that's required
- cell phone (computer?) that's located in the trunk?
- antenna ?
- I prefer the kit from a 90-94 LS 400 (thinking this should also fit the sc?) only difference I believe is the style of phone?

See my post below
"I had a 1992 LS400 a few years ago that had the built in cell phone (analog motorola) I loved the phone, especially the speakerphone. I have since sold the car years ago and now have a 1992 SC400, however the SC400 I bought didn't come with the built in cell. My question is does anyone know how I could go about installing the original Lexus Phone in my car, it seems as if there is a spot on the steering wheel where the controls would go and also a spot in the armrest where the cell phone would plug in. But I also remember my LS400 having some type of Cell Phone (computer?) in the trunk next to the antenna mask, as well as the cell antenna that was on the back window. Wondering if anyone has any ideas how I can go about this and where I might be able to find all the old lexus original equipment, (phone, steering wheel controls, cords, cell computer)"

Last edited by dbullen; 03-21-06 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-22-06, 12:33 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the computer that goes in the trunk.

Your bigger concern is actually finding carriers that will support the analog Motorola. How do you plan on connecting that phone? 15 years is eons in cell phone technology terms.
Old 03-22-06, 05:38 PM
dbullen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CleanSC
I have the computer that goes in the trunk.

Your bigger concern is actually finding carriers that will support the analog Motorola. How do you plan on connecting that phone? 15 years is eons in cell phone technology terms.

Analog service won't be a problem, it's very easy in Canada to get analog service, plus I work for a wireless carrier here and we offer full analog coverage still and the price will be next to nothing since I work for them. All I really need to do is locate the parts. What model of Lexus is your cell phone ecu out of? do you have any other parts? Any idea's where I would need to run the wires from the trunk or I wonder if there is somewhere in the trunk the ecu plugs in? Are you willing to sell the parts you have?
Old 03-23-06, 05:14 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dbullen
Analog service won't be a problem, it's very easy in Canada to get analog service, plus I work for a wireless carrier here and we offer full analog coverage still and the price will be next to nothing since I work for them. All I really need to do is locate the parts. What model of Lexus is your cell phone ecu out of? do you have any other parts? Any idea's where I would need to run the wires from the trunk or I wonder if there is somewhere in the trunk the ecu plugs in? Are you willing to sell the parts you have?
A man that knows what's he's doing and how he's going to do it. I respect that.

Yea anything I can find in the attic is yours. Let me verify everything I have and I'll let you know. From memory (2 years ago when I tore apart the car) I have just the brain, and the long cable from the cabin that leads to it.

I'll get back to you on that. Unfortunately the phone itself was long gone from the car when I bought it.
Old 03-23-06, 06:21 AM
dbullen
Pole Position

A man that knows what's he's doing and how he's going to do it. I respect that.

Yea anything I can find in the attic is yours. Let me verify everything I have and I'll let you know. From memory (2 years ago when I tore apart the car) I have just the brain, and the long cable from the cabin that leads to it.

I'll get back to you on that. Unfortunately the phone itself was long gone from the car when I bought it.
Wonderful, let me know what you find! I take it this was out of an SC? I wonder if the Cell ECU is different from an SC to an LS..

Last edited by dbullen; 03-23-06 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-23-06, 06:32 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Oh yea sorry. It's out of a 1992 SC300 as seen in my sig.
Old 03-23-06, 07:07 AM
dbullen
Pole Position

Oh yea sorry. It's out of a 1992 SC300 as seen in my sig.
Do you know what type of phone the SC400 had? I've never really seen one in an SC. Was it like a motorola flip phone that plugs into the console or something? The LS was one solid unit.

here's the model I had in my LS

Last edited by dbullen; 03-23-06 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-23-06, 07:12 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

From my factory brochures, they all got that big brick with the buttons on the backside.
Old 03-28-06, 05:55 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

DB:

I searched in my bins of stock parts and unfortunately I cannot find the brain. It looks like this was one of the rare times I actually threw a good item away. I guess I figured there was a slim chance anyone would need it. Heh, go figure.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Good luck in the search, someone has to have those parts on CL...
Old 03-29-06, 07:13 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think i may have my 97 sc400 phone. would need to check and will get back to you