Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

2016 IS200T Oil change?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-17, 05:01 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 IS200T Oil change?

Hi guys, right now Im driving my 2016 IS 200T F-Sport. I did the oil change at 10k miles, now my car just hit 15k mile. I called up Lexus Service to schedule an appointment for the oil change, but the guy told me I dont need it until 20k miles.
I was like what? Is this true? I thought you do oil change for every 5k miles? Is this 10k miles oil change new or something ? Can anyone shed me some lights? thanks. I appreciated it.
Old 09-29-17, 06:49 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Read your owner's manual. It specifies all service intervals.
Old 09-29-17, 12:44 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by jincuteguy
Hi guys, right now Im driving my 2016 IS 200T F-Sport. I did the oil change at 10k miles, now my car just hit 15k mile. I called up Lexus Service to schedule an appointment for the oil change, but the guy told me I dont need it until 20k miles.
I was like what? Is this true? I thought you do oil change for every 5k miles? Is this 10k miles oil change new or something ? Can anyone shed me some lights? thanks. I appreciated it.
Apparently it's every 16,000 KM. Does it make sense? Not really, but that's dealer recommended.
Old 09-29-17, 01:07 PM
Drizell
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I know I have seen this before in other forums. Check the manuel to be sure, but sometimes it does depend on your driving habits and if you reach the 20K before the oil gets bad. Like mine was at 10k I drove like almost 10k across country and the dealer was like NO that oil is still good. I had to wait until my next schedule which was 3 months from then. They use synthetic and advised me oil should be good for 8k-10k worth of mileage. So I feel you on that. I had to make them change the Oil as I REQUESTED it. Lucky it came out of my 3 free complimenary oil changes. I know i spelt that word wrong. But my words here are correct!
Old 09-29-17, 05:20 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

So no one on here has a 2016 IS 200T? That is why Im asking this question on here becaues it's all about Lexus. And I thought ppl would know the answer. Why would I need to read a manual of my car when there's a Lexus car forums like this? I mean it's the future now, ppl go online and exchange infos.

And for anyone that has a new Lexus like from 2015 - present, you dont know when you do your oil change and Im pretty sure at least one of you go to a dealer for an oil change. And im sure they wil tell you to do it at 5k or 10k.
Old 09-29-17, 05:22 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Apparently it's every 16,000 KM. Does it make sense? Not really, but that's dealer recommended.
Why did you say in 16,000KM? Im in the US so it's miles, not KM.
Old 09-29-17, 10:57 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Why did you say in 16,000KM? Im in the US so it's miles, not KM.
Hate to say this, but you're lazy as **** if you can't read your manual or Google kilometers to miles. I gave you the answer.
The following users liked this post:
MX73 (04-18-18)
Old 10-01-17, 05:30 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Hate to say this, but you're lazy as **** if you can't read your manual or Google kilometers to miles. I gave you the answer.
Im not lazy, we have all the technology now to just go online and exchange information for faster result. Why would I do the slow way when I can do it faster? That's not the definition of lazy.
Of course I can read my manual, who said I can't? Im just smart enough to choose a faster option to get to the result.
Why would this website and forums exist? It's for ppl to share informations and exchange them, so we all can understand better in an efficient way. If anyone just read the manuals, there's no point in having this website and forums.
Think about it man.

If you don't want to help ppl on here , it's fine. But don't go and spread hate when ppl who just want to get help.
Old 10-02-17, 10:44 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Im not lazy, we have all the technology now to just go online and exchange information for faster result. Why would I do the slow way when I can do it faster? That's not the definition of lazy.
Of course I can read my manual, who said I can't? Im just smart enough to choose a faster option to get to the result.
Why would this website and forums exist? It's for ppl to share informations and exchange them, so we all can understand better in an efficient way. If anyone just read the manuals, there's no point in having this website and forums.
Think about it man.

If you don't want to help ppl on here , it's fine. But don't go and spread hate when ppl who just want to get help.
If the world was like you, we wouldn't have any technology to begin with. Good luck with your oil change. For what it's worth, you seem like the type that just ask ask ask and contribute zero.

For those that know how to convert KM to Miles, I wrote the answer in the previous post.
Old 10-02-17, 06:33 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Okay, aside from the people arguing km and miles..

I have a 200T.
per the manual It's every 10000 miles *US* or 16,000KM * everywhere else *
Reason: As technology got better and better, so did oil & engines. As you remember the rule back in the day used to be every 3,000 miles..then 5,000..and now with these newer synthetic oil improvements it's now 10,000 miles.

Further explanation on every 5k miles: Some dealers are scumbags and will hustle you to come back every 5k miles by placing a sticker in the top of your windshield. Ignore it unless if you have the time and money to visit the dealer 2x more than you're supposed to.
Also man I would really recommend just sifting through the booklet. There's great information in there and I found it really interesting. I even found more customization options for my gauge cluster.

Last edited by Lexus3GIST; 10-02-17 at 06:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jincuteguy (10-03-17)
Old 10-03-17, 05:26 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

If the world was like you, we wouldn't have any technology to begin with. Good luck with your oil change. For what it's worth, you seem like the type that just ask ask ask and contribute zero.

For those that know how to convert KM to Miles, I wrote the answer in the previous post.
Seriously, if you don't want to offer help to other people, please stop posting. You don't have to come on here and spread the hate to ppl that need help.
Old 10-03-17, 05:27 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
Okay, aside from the people arguing km and miles..

I have a 200T.
per the manual It's every 10000 miles *US* or 16,000KM * everywhere else *
Reason: As technology got better and better, so did oil & engines. As you remember the rule back in the day used to be every 3,000 miles..then 5,000..and now with these newer synthetic oil improvements it's now 10,000 miles.

Further explanation on every 5k miles: Some dealers are scumbags and will hustle you to come back every 5k miles by placing a sticker in the top of your windshield. Ignore it unless if you have the time and money to visit the dealer 2x more than you're supposed to.
Also man I would really recommend just sifting through the booklet. There's great information in there and I found it really interesting. I even found more customization options for my gauge cluster.
I wished everyone is like you on here, thanks for the great infos.