Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Car Dealer suddenly Turns On ME!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-02, 06:05 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about putting up a www.countylinelexusstinks.com website to make all your problems public?

Last edited by Sal Collaziano; 11-26-02 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-26-02, 06:10 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know something guys, I am glad that these experiences are actually few and far between for Lexus. I wish it were different but I could tell you some angry mob stories about Stevens Creek BMW service that the bimmer guys would not like to hear. Then again, that's why I drive a Lexus now.
Old 11-26-02, 06:13 PM
Sooner
Pole Position

come on guys lets get back on track to his post about getting back into the dealership again thanks
Old 11-26-02, 09:10 PM
PlayboyzGS
Rookie

Default YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME...

I WOULD WALK MY BUTT IN THERE AND GET IN THE MANAGERS FACE AND DEMAND SERVICE... THEY CAN NOT KICK YOU OUT OF A LEXUS SERVICE FACILITY IF YOU OWN A LEXUS AND IT IS UNDER WARRANTY. THEY ARE PROBABKY JEALOUS OF YOU. DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING... ITS NOT THEIR PROBLEM YOU HAVE HAD A FLOOD OR A BREAK UP WITH YOUR GIRL... STICK TO THE ISSUE AT HAND AND GET IT TAKE CARE OF. DON'T BE SCARED OF THEM. GRAB YOUR CAHOONA'S AND MARCH IN THERE AND GET YOUR CAR FIXED. YOU OWN A LEXUS FOR GODS SAKE. NOT A HONDA!!!!
Old 11-26-02, 09:30 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Sooner
come on guys lets get back on track to his post about getting back into the dealership again thanks
You're right, Sooner

This is what I would do; pay the manager a visit with a copy of my service agreement/maintenance contract in hand. Apologize for any earlier inappropriate behavior on my part and request that they continue to service my car and honor the service agreement. I would also expect an apology from them for the problems and inconvinences they have caused. If they refused to honor my request and the contract, I would seek professional legal advice. If this did not resolve the issue, I would turn the car back over to the dealer, even if it involved a penalty, and buy/lease a vehicle from a dealer that valued my business.

btw, looks like you have had a run of bad luck lately. I hope everything works out for the best
Old 11-26-02, 11:37 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

Originally posted by RON430
I hope Iceman's and GunnerMac's posts aren't lost. I would get the guy who held the gun to your head to make you sign the lease and maintenance agreements and have him arrested.
In a sense the dealer did. There was a big flood in Miami and my car as well as hundreds of other Lexus cars suffered extreme flood damage and had to be replaced. The parking lot of my Lexus dealer was full of cars that were towed in from the flood. My GS400 that was totaled in the flood only had 650 miles on it. Everyone was in a state of shock after this flood who lost their car. I was driving around a rental car which my insurance company only paid partially for. So when my dealer said he had very few GS430 left and if I did not buy it right away it could be gone I felt I was pressured into leasing it. In the State of Florida several car dealers were fined for doing similar things like this in the past. So if I do not get a satisfactory solution from Lexus I will file a complaint with the Attorney General of the State of Florida. By the way one of the representatives from Lexus told me he read these post. So I wonder how many people who work for Lexus are members of Club Lexus? It would be nice if they reveled who they were. But I think I can guess a few. County Line Lexus told me today that my Maintenance agreement was for only two years even though I have a four year Lease and asked them for four years! Some of my paper work was damaged in the flood so now I am trying to go through all my damaged paper work to see. But they did tell me something was transferable but will have to wait tell tomorrow to find out what they are referring to since they just left me a message. By the way tried to call my salesperson at County Line to talk to him about this but he said he is not allowed to talk to me because the Manager of this dealership told him not to. If you count my GS400 I have been through three floods in two years.
Old 11-27-02, 12:35 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I want to say that Lexus Dealerships are in general the best in the industry in terms of service and courtesy, however anything is possible and there will always be bad apples out there, afterall they are run by different people with different ways of thinking.

On the other hand and I'm sorry to say this, is that you have to somewhat kiss your dealers *** just to make sure you get good service. It's like when you eat out at a restaurant, you want to remain on good terms with your waiter, since if you **** him off, he spits in your food in the back. As long as everyone is on good terms, then all is good and things can be accomplished.

IMO - if this is the only Lexus dealership in your area or within reasonable driving range, get rid of your Lexus and buy another brand of car that you like. I would hate to go back to a dealer that despises you as much as you despise them. It's just not a good experience even if you kiss and make up.
Old 11-27-02, 02:35 AM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree, you were in no way pressured to lease your GS430. May not have been many GS430's on the lot because of that flood and everyone replacing cars, but the US is a big country, and a dealer can requisition a car from ANYWHERE. He suckered you in with the oldest sales tactic in the book, building a sense of urgency. There is no law against that, thats what he does for a living.

As for the dealership issue, I agree with everyone, you MUST stay cool. Act mature, calm cool and collected. You are a successful individual and you just want fair treatment for what you paid for.

The fact of life is exactly what lexguy said, you have to give service to get it sometimes. What do you think tips are for? Whoever tips the best gets the best service. Thats what tips stands for, To Insure Prompt Service.

First off I would write the general manager of the dealership a nice letter. Explain how you are sorry that your professional relationship with them has soured so badly, but you want to find a way that both of you can live up to the agreement that has been signed. If the agreement is up, just don't have your Lexus serviced there anymore.

You have to put yourself in those people's shoes, service related jobs are tough man. Its hard to be friendly and nice all the time, especially when customers are all up in your face calling you names. ESPECIALLY if you're a woman being harassed by a man. There was no cause for that, you harassed that woman. Being in service for luxury cars is even worse, because of people thinking they're "all that and a bag of chips" because they drive something expensive. These people are jerks. If you're one of their customers thats not a jerk, then they'll treat you like gold.

I have a fantastic relationship with my Ford tech, FORD for God's sake! All you have to be is nice, chat with them, get to know them, make them WANT to help you.

Its a two way street, and you aren't prince of Florida just because you drive a Lexus.

And if you are beligerant to their employees, they have EVERY right to refuse to do business with you. If I were the GM of that dealer and someone was harassing my employees, I'd tell them all not to talk to you too.

I own a business, and we actually do business with car dealerships. Its actually quite common for them to ask irate customers not to return. They have plenty of business from pleasant folks, they don't need yours.

Last edited by SW03ES; 11-27-02 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-27-02, 02:53 AM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME...

Originally posted by PlayboyzGS
I WOULD WALK MY BUTT IN THERE AND GET IN THE MANAGERS FACE AND DEMAND SERVICE... THEY CAN NOT KICK YOU OUT OF A LEXUS SERVICE FACILITY IF YOU OWN A LEXUS AND IT IS UNDER WARRANTY. THEY ARE PROBABKY JEALOUS OF YOU. DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING... ITS NOT THEIR PROBLEM YOU HAVE HAD A FLOOD OR A BREAK UP WITH YOUR GIRL... STICK TO THE ISSUE AT HAND AND GET IT TAKE CARE OF. DON'T BE SCARED OF THEM. GRAB YOUR CAHOONA'S AND MARCH IN THERE AND GET YOUR CAR FIXED. YOU OWN A LEXUS FOR GODS SAKE. NOT A HONDA!!!!
As for this? Come on man be realistic. They aren't jealous of him, they think he's a lunatic! Do you have any idea how much money the general manager of a Lexus dealership makes? Plenty to afford a GS430, and he doesn't need to because he gets comped whatever he wants as income. Lexus salespeople frequently make well into the $150,000 range. These are not starving college students drooling over your Lexus. They see hundreds upon hudreds of Lexuses every week. They don't care.

If you were servicing a Rolls Royce then we'd consider this. Its this attitude that is getting you folks bad service in the first place.

Come down to earth, really it aint so bad down here.

Last edited by SW03ES; 11-27-02 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-27-02, 01:56 PM
joel
Driver School Candidate

car is on lease, therefore car is not yours, so what is
the big deal? enjoy your car/money, ran the car to
the ground and return it!
Old 11-27-02, 03:58 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Already a couple of responses that say what I would have said. Obviously the truth is no one held a gun to your head and you entered into a contract to lease the car on a set of terms that you agreed to.

I am just amazed how fast some people on this board take the approach of being civil and professional and turn it into kissing the dealer's ***. Also ironic how people who will swear on the phone to a phone answerer and be ready to march in and get in a service managers face weren't willing to investigate and insure their initial deal was good for them. The salesman will try to get a deal that is good for him, Lexus will try to get a deal that is good for it, the dealer will try to get a deal that is good for it, you are responsible for insuring the deal is as good for you as you can get.

In case you are seriously considering the "trash your lease car" approach, I would recommend reading the lease agreement. Anything beyond a quite narrowly defined set of specs for average wear and tear (including tread left on comparable to OEM tires), you are responsible for. If you weren't aware of that, you should have never considered a lease in the first place.

In case it seems like some of us are unsympathetic to your plite, please understand that a lot of us are looking at your situation and recommending that the first thing you do is try to not make things worse. However, with the reasons you give for justifying your actions, I have to agree that it could be the best alternative to get out of the car and away from Lexus if the dealer that is giving you problems is the only Lexus dealer. Better for them, and just as or more important, better for you.