Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Car Dealer suddenly Turns On ME!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-02, 01:30 AM
ceoart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car Dealer suddenly Turns On ME!

I have been bringing my GS430 into County Line Lexus for about two years now. The following is long but I think it could benefit all. The first sign of trouble began about 16 months ago when my Service writer told me a service was done for free under my service contract but when I go and pick up my car there was a large amount of money they wanted me to pay them. I got hold of the night Manager on duty because it was after normal hours and he said I can't take my car until I pay. I explained to him that I have a four year service contract that covered the service. He was very nasty to me and I had to pay the money in order to drive my car off. The Service Manager the next day gave me a credit. The service writer that was assigned to me new I had the contract but never put it down that this was covered by this contract. So I asked the service Manager if he could handle my servicing from then on which he agreed to. But the night Manager bad mouthed me and has been looking for an excuse ever since to kick me out of the dealership. Last week I brought my GS430 in for its 35,000 service. I also had a cracked Windshield that they were going to get someone to fix for me. They have told me three times that my Windshield was delayed so I have had to wait to have it done. What they failed to tell me is that they were going to ADD a Surcharge on to Windshield bill for guy to come over to the dealer that most insurance companies will not pay. But the insurance company will pay the whole bill if he had just told me to call them directly. The dealer wanted me to pay them the $1500.00 bill then wait for my insurance company to pay me back. If I did not call Geico I would have had to wait up to six weeks to get paid back and the surcharge which could be as high as $150.00 would not be paid back to me. Something I think they should have known and told me. So when I try and call my Dealer to ask for the phone number to call the Windshield company directly to get it billed directly they keep telling me the service manager is always in meetings. I called at least four times and waited as long as 15 minutes before they tell me to leave another message. On top of this, this week my car barely starts! I believe the Alternator is going bad. So I had another big reason to bring my car in. (There are many more details about the problems I had with this dealer just read my earlier threads from the past two years.) I called up the area Rep for Lexus to help get me better service on this matter. But apparently this only gets the dealer more angry at me. I was suppose to get a GS as a loner on Tuesday but now a Customer service person from this dealership calls me on my cell phone while I am on the road in traffic. She tells me they will not give me a loner car unless it takes more than eight hours to do the repair. They wanted me to sit and wait! I said to her the Service Manager told me I would get a GS as a Loner. She tells me again you will not. I again ask to speak to the service Manager which she says will be busy all day and can't speak to me. So I snapped and went off on her and called her some really bad names and hung up. The service Manager now calls me back and says I can never come back to this dealership. I explain to him about what happened and tell him about the tough couple of months I had been having. I Had two floods in my Townhouse since June. The last one in September when a washing machine hose broke and destroyed all my belongings on the first floor after I went away on vacation to Key Largo. It has taken two horrible months with ALLSTATE to get a settlement offer. I also just broke up with my Girlfriend. And I think there is black mold in my Townhouse because I have been feeling sick for three weeks with Flu like symptoms. Plus problems with the furniture I just bought. So I apologize to the dealership for going off on her and even said I would send her flowers and personally apologize. He then says he has been the only one at the dealership that had still wanted to do business with me. But now after I called him to much when I could not reach him and going off on the girl he says lets part as friends. I had another beef with this dealership because I am paying $765.00 a month for four years for my Lease (way to much especially with a $7000.00 deposit they are holding for me) and found out that another dealer is offering lifetime tire replacement if I JUST PAID ABOUT $500.00 AT THE BEGINNING OF MY LEASE!. My dealer did not offer me this option even though I have paid a flat fee for all the normal service work and wanted everything covered. I would have gladly paid this money if it was offered to me. I think they were trying to get rid of me so they will not have to honor the rest of my service contract which has two more years on it. After the Regional Manager called me back my dealer said I could use another one of their dealerships in Pembroke Pines. But the service person from that dealership said they would only do this one time. My dealer did say if things cooled off he might let me back into his dealership. But this is after I told him I would just about get down on my hands and knees to apologize to the 20 year old girl that I cursed at. The other dealership I may be forced to go to is really far away and with a lease car it would cost me money in extra mileage. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this dealer working with me again? If not I believe I will need to trade my car in for a BMW.

Last edited by ceoart; 11-26-02 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-26-02, 02:06 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

If the dealership does not want you to return, ask them to work out a transition or a working arrangement.
a) resonable refund .... {can this be done without a fall out ... maybe if you deal with sales and not the service}

b) the dealership trades your contract with another dealership.

c) Have your friend/family/rep deal with the service dept for all your service needs.

Salim
Old 11-26-02, 02:36 AM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

The more I think about it they probably are starting to lose money on the service contract I signed up with them. If I just go away they would be saving lots of money. I am wondering how many other people who paid for service contracts they are trying to get rid of. I think that would be Fraud if I can prove it. Anybody else here who has a service contract encounter these problems? I did tell the dealership next time I get a new GS I wanted the service contract on the tires and if they did not have it I might buy from the other dealer. Maybe they just don't want to compete with this and since I know about it they think I will not buy my next car with them. So much for customer service if the above is true.

Last edited by ceoart; 11-26-02 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-26-02, 03:48 AM
newyorker
Driver

Default I feel sorry..

see. that happens...
you are trying to buy BMW?
worse ...

I had BMW bought in Michigan,,, then I moved to New York...
I had a serious rattle in the body which coming from windows..
then I went to BMW dealer here in New York...
This dealer makes me wait long time and I don't know what they do...so I visited 4 times with same problem....

Do you know what they did? just lube...^^ what the hell....
so the problem keep coming back every 2 weeks...

Then I was so angry about it ..I called BMW of North America...
And reported this ...Then they send factory personal...he did something....ok for another 2 weeks...then rattle again...
what the XXXX then....

And this dealer keep telling me that it is cause by tint....
which makes no sense... so I took off the tint....then sound still there.... by the time .... other stuff start to break...****...
SO I sold car and trade it for lexus...

One thing I can tell you....you report it to Lexus headquarters...in california...there is 1-800 number in Lexus.com
call them explain...what happened...and get the problem solved..

one thing...you said XXXword to that lady...that is your mistake..
you can's say that to anyone...even you are angry.... you want to fight with them, then don't make any negative action to you so that you can have better postion in worst case of law suit...
but that manager should be insane,,, as I think...you did sorry to her,,, then you can make that manager come to you and sorry to you....because one thing is sure ...you are the customer....

For my case.... My lexus dealer is great....I had 5 visits so far..
because my new GS rattleed,,,,pulls to one side.so on..
Little angry with the quality of car but the serivice people are doing their best to make me happy... I even feel sorry when I make call and ask for appointment...
I respect them...then they also respect you...
simple.

Last edited by newyorker; 11-26-02 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-26-02, 03:59 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

The dealiership cannot ban you for whatever reason. This may have been done to a few people, but it may be wrong on their part. You have a contract with them, which you paid for, and now they must honor it. Bad customer or not, a contract is a contract. There is nothing in the contract that says it is void if you mistreat one of its employees.

I am a law student and I hate suggesting that a person sue, but if they continue to not honor your contract, tell them you will sue them and that their boss will not be happy for paying all the legal fees when they lose due to their incompetence. You are being denied what you contracted for and now you are left with a substitute dealership that is only honoring your contract on good will. You may end up spending your money to remedy the problems with your car, money that is far and hard to come by in these days and times of a falling astock market.

I would be so mad at this dealership. As professionals, they should take the verbal beatings and do their duty.
Old 11-26-02, 11:05 AM
octane300
Lead Lap

If there's one thing I hate, it's vendors (including car dealerships) that try to weasel out of their obligations to their customers. The only tips I can offer are:

1.) Always be polite (as long as you can, at least). In a way, you are asking them for a favor. I know if someone called me at work and cursed up a storm, I would be less sympathetic and less likely to help that person.

2.) Write a detailed letter to the head of the dealership explaining the entire situation. Including copies of all applicable documentation. And finally, CC Lexus Corp and the Better Business Bureau. That ought to get their attention.

3.) Yes, if they try to ban you from the dealership, they are effectively trying to end their obligation of the contract. If that is the case, why should you be obligated to pay for it? I try to pay for everything with a credit card, so in situations like this, I have some recourse by disputing the charges. Believe it or not, most credit card companies are sympathetic to situations like this. It's only as a last resort, and I've only had to use it once, but the more options you have, the better.
Old 11-26-02, 11:49 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

duuuuuude

the dealership is messed up. they are probably just racist or something. dude, call up lexus corporate and tell them about this and DEMAND that they do something about this bad customer service. if they don't, SUE.

edit-language

Last edited by Daddy-O; 11-26-02 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-26-02, 01:00 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

I can't imagine any dealer that would treat you like this. I was you will would change the dealer the moment I find any discomfort from the dealer or any place. I am one of those ppl that don't complaint much, they just lose my bussiness forEVER w/o a sign, but there are those that complain all the time but always come back to that same place and complain again.

Anh
Old 11-26-02, 03:42 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Angry Lexus Customer Satisfaction Laughing at me over Problem with Dealer!

If you read my previous thread about how bad County Line Lexus is treating me the following should make you think twice about buying another Lexus. My dealer left me a message that my Maintenance contract has expired. That message basically told me I have only a two year Maintenance contract for a four year Lease! Doesn't make much sense does it especially when I was over charged for my Lease and am paying $765.00 a month for my GS430. As soon as I learned about this latest development I called Lexus Customer Satisfaction again. I spoke to Steve and after I explained what the dealer had done and the dealer claiming I only have a two year Maintenance contract on a four year Lease I heard the people in the Lexus Customer Satisfaction department Laughing at me in the background! I think he thought he had me on the speaker phone and had his microphone muted! But I heard several people laughing at me. This is a total outrage. They said they were not laughing at me. But when he said I did not let him get a word in edge wise I was pretty sure he was lying! If this is how Lexus now treats its customers I will never buy another Lexus. I never had any company treat me like this before. Maybe I was just kidding myself when I thought Lexus treats customers with respect and has standards that the dealerships must follow. He passed my message onto a Supervisor which I am not going to hold my breath that they will do anything at this point. Might consider taking my car dealer to court on this matter. I never had such disrespect when I had my BMW 735i.

Last edited by ceoart; 11-26-02 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-26-02, 03:56 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

I do not mean this in any way to personally offend you, but...

Are you being a *****? I mean really, the way the dealer and now Lexus is reacting it seems to me that maybe you're being a pushy jerk and they've just had enough. You mention over and over about how overpriced your lease is--so why did you get it? You used some tough personal problems as your excuse for swearing at a receptionist, but that's no excuse at all for not treating others with respect and courtesy.

We're only getting your side of the story so I have to assume the unbiased truth is a little different. Take a deep breath and think about your actions since this thing started. Look at it from the dealer's point of view. And if you can honestly say that you have not been a *****, then you should fight this as far as you can (lawsuit, BBB, arbitration, whatever). But if a little reflection reveals that you are partly or mostly to blame for how you've been treated, then do the hard thing--change how you behave. You will be amazed at the results.
Old 11-26-02, 04:44 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Iceman
I do not mean this in any way to personally offend you, but...

I agree with Iceman's comments. All Lexus dealerships probably don't have the greatest customer service, but I find it hard to believe that any car dealerhip would treat a customer this way without some sort of justification...and trying to get out of a service agreement doesn't seem to me like justification.

btw, I don't think your experiece with a particular dealer will, or should, make too many people think twice about buying another Lexus, overall their customer service is always been rated at or near the top. It seems fairly obvious that you are upset about your lease payments and you are blaming the dealership for lease for which you agreed to

The customer may always be right, but you can not expect to be treated with courtesy and respect unless you treat people with the same
Old 11-26-02, 05:01 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have some paper work to backup your service agreement?
Old 11-26-02, 05:06 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

I hope Iceman's and GunnerMac's posts aren't lost. I would get the guy who held the gun to your head to make you sign the lease and maintenance agreements and have him arrested. If no one did, then I assume there is no one to blame for your entering into the agreement. As far as the maintenance agreement running two years or four, get out your paperwork and see what you agreed to. Can the dealership "ban" you legally? Probably not. But can they make it very difficult for you to get service there? Definitely. To many of us older folks, and ex BMW owners, getting a loaner of any kind is a great perk. I have only used it once and then I got a rentawreck Starfire or something. No one promised me a GS and I am not sure they should have promised you a GS for a loaner but just getting a loaner is something I still don't take advantage of much and appreciate it when I do, it is great to be able to have a service appointment intrude on your business as little as possible but I don't really expect them to give me an equal or more value loaner. As far as being discourteous on the phone, well I know who I would prefer to do business with. One other tip, and I am also not trying to rub salt in your wounds, the service department generally doesn't write leases or maintenance agreements. They have to honor/enforce them but they are not the guys who sold it to you. One last point, I had Dent Pro remove a couple of small dings last time my car was in and I actually paid less than I would have going in to Dent Pro on my own. And I gladly paid Lexus because now they stand behind the work. Oddly enough, the Dent Pro guy told me that they prefer to have the work done at the dealer because if anything has to be done to the Lexus (my headliner had to be dropped), the Lexus mechanics do it and reinstall it and the Dent Pro guys just work on the dents. I very much preferred it that way. Oh, and I don't have service done at the dealership where I bought the car either.

It is hard to see your relationship getting any better with more complaining and it seems you ought to really consider getting out of the lease and going back to bimmer, or whoever. But I can't see any dealer's service department acting much different under the same circumstances. Life is just too short.
Old 11-26-02, 05:28 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default service

Well, I can speak from experience.... I realize that every case will notbe the same, but I had an issue some of you may recall sometime ago. After numerous visits to the dealer as well as other dealers.... I had this rattling creaking noise in the car that was driving me insane..... After several failed attempts, I was forced to call Lexus customer service. Well, we started out rough, but in the end, I got my car fixed, and a very genuine promise from Lexus that if I had the same problem, though they assureed me I would not..... that I should not hesitate for one minute to call them back. The point has been made that not all dealers are going to treat you the same even if you just got a new Lexus. Mine is certified, but used and I now get top quality service. They even have come out to pick up my car or deliver it when I was not able to go there myself. That is service, especially considering most of the work they have done is all warranty. In the end, I would say that consider the pros and cons of whre you are buying the car. There are many resources available to help you decide where to buy it. Not only that but you are not tied to the dealer. You may go to any other dealer and you might get better service. True you should not have to, but if you must.... it's an option. Lexus is still a sound investment IMO.

Rock
Old 11-26-02, 05:33 PM
Plum
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to agree with Sporty.
You get farther with honey than you do the bees.
Just saw something the other night about service confrontations in general and they were saying not to do what you did and go off on someone. Learning experienc.
I also here Infiniti has great service, loaner cars etc.
They have a pretty nice line up of cars.
Do hope you can work something out with the dealer.

Quick Reply: Car Dealer suddenly Turns On ME!