Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Horrible Lexus service experience need help!(Problem solved))

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-04, 09:59 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs down Horrible Lexus service experience need help!

I been a member for a while but I rarely have time to post.
I bought a 02 IS300 with 36,000 miles (5 sp) as a daily driver to comute to work and after a few days of driving my check engine light came up. I took it for service and state inspection while at it to my Local Lexus dealer (Lexus Of The Lehigh Valley) here in Allentown, Pa. to get the problem solved which is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. I dropped the car off the night before the service date so they can jump start on my vehicle first. The next day it was 12pm so I decided to call them for a touch base call, they said it was still being worked on and that they will call back as soon as it was done. I said what the heck I am in no rush. Well 4:30 pm came and still no call so I decided to call again and they again said they will call when the car was ready I asked what time they closed and they said 5pm so I said you only have 1/2 hr to finish??? They said yeah we are almost done. 6pm came and I was now pissed so instead of calling I left work and head up to the dealer which to my surprise had my car parked and ready.
Before I walked in to pay and get the keys I took a look at my car and to my surprise when I looked inside of it there was a dirty greasy rag laying on my driver seat and the glove compartment was empty on my passenger seat as if someone was messing around looking for something?? I also noticed the state inspections were removed but they never cleaned the area leaving the smudge glue and sticking the new stickers on top (very messy!) not to mention finger prints everywhere they touched!! I was no beyond pissed! Remember they never called me to say the car was ready and service was already closed by the time I arrived!!! I go to the showroom to pay and now on top of this they wanted me to pay $200 for the check engine fix and $80 for the inspection. I told them the car was way under warranty but they still wanted me to leave my credit card information just in case!!! I asked to speak to a manager and the sales manager spoked to me. We walked to my car with the keys and he was very surprised to see the poor service. They wrote the bill off but now the check engine light is back!!! Initialy they said there was a broken hose but they suspected the canister was the problem but they did not changed it because they claimed it was an aftermarket one ????? I dont see how the previous owner will go thru the troubles of installing and paying an aftermarket canister when the car is still under warranty!!! I now called them again and they are not asnwering my calls to bring the car back!!!!! What should I do guys????
Old 10-04-04, 11:14 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Arrow update

Now they are saying that I have a drop in K&N filter that may be causing the check engine!!
Can this really be true ???
Old 10-04-04, 05:40 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what a buncha morons. I hate it when people do that kinda crap. You would expect that kind of behavior from maybe a used car dealership... but not from a lexus dealership.
Old 10-04-04, 06:06 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The oil from K&N air filter can get into the Air flow meter and caused the check engine light to come on.

What is the canister you are referred to?. What is the engine code?
Old 10-05-04, 08:07 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Lightbulb K&N + oil

As soon as I went home from work I opened the filter box and to my surprise it is NOT a K&N filter but a normal Denso filter from lexus. I am very worried about these morons at my local Lexus dealer, the rpoblem is that the nearest after this one is 1 hr drive away. I have the code listed on my bill so I will dig it out when I get home and let you guys know. Also, the canister I think they are talking about is that charcoal one ???

I have a friend who is a master mechanic at a Toyota delareship and he said he will read the code for me for free so I can tell the Lexus dealer in advance what the problem is. I erased the code yesterday because I waned to make sure it was not a loose gas cap. If it comes back I will have my buddy check it out first.

I agree with you guys about these morons! I have a buddy with a Hyundai that gets better treatment and better service at his dealer.

Old 10-05-04, 03:50 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

You should not have to tell your LEXUS dealership what your codes are. Your car is under LEXUS warranty, and you need to take this up to the biggest manager at the dealership, and make it known you will stop at nothing short of starting a riot in front of the dealership.... They need to know you are not going to go away, nor you will accept this treatment, and that you will be reporting it to major online forums (that’s us ) and Lexus' corporate office.

This is not acceptable even if you drove a 1989 ES250 with 200,000 miles on it; let a alone an '02 under factory warranty. Give them a peace of your mind, and don’t accept the car until its fully cleaned and fixed, and DON’T pay them a DIME.

You paid for a Lexus, and you should be treated that way.

Good luck.
Old 10-07-04, 08:03 AM
PitBull
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your owners manual out and contact Lexus - tell them your story and ask for their help. Your problem will be solved. Also tell Lexus that you want a loaner car when they are working on your vehicle.
Old 10-07-04, 12:18 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Originally posted by PitBull
Get your owners manual out and contact Lexus - tell them your story and ask for their help. Your problem will be solved. Also tell Lexus that you want a loaner car when they are working on your vehicle.
Good luck with that one. I had an appointment to have work done on mine, which included a reserved loaner car. When I got there, they had no loaners. They offered to drive me to work and when I told them how far awa I worked (40 minutes), they retracted their offer. So, I was stranded at the dealership, 3 hours late to work. . . Like everyone else is saying. Don't let them hear the end of it. Lexus is a very reputable name, they should stand behind that!
Old 10-07-04, 01:25 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally posted by sweetsc400
Good luck with that one. I had an appointment to have work done on mine, which included a reserved loaner car. When I got there, they had no loaners. They offered to drive me to work and when I told them how far awa I worked (40 minutes), they retracted their offer. So, I was stranded at the dealership, 3 hours late to work. . . Like everyone else is saying. Don't let them hear the end of it. Lexus is a very reputable name, they should stand behind that!
I've owned an SC,LS and ES when I lived in Atlanta and I never had that happen, but all of my cars were just a couple of years old and still under warranty. I even got loaner cars to use while they did oil/filter changes. You need to talk with the service manager and the sales manager and get them on the stick.
Old 10-08-04, 09:45 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Lightbulb Loaner?

I am going to ask them for a loaner. I have another appointment for Monday 10/11 so they can work on this check engine problem I have. I also wrote a letter to the mechanic so they can check the trunk which is not locking smooth as it should. I noticed the latch is mis-aligned and has worn out the aparatus that locks the trunk to the trunk frame. I also noticed the car is on constant 1000 rpms even when the engine reaches normal driving temps. It's a 5 speed so I think it should be around 850 rpm's??

I tell ya!

Old 10-08-04, 11:50 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

I totally agree contact lexus corporation. They hates hearing complaints about the dealerships.
Old 10-08-04, 11:55 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

Oh one more thing, can't you take it to another lexus dealership. They are not all the same.
I truly believe there are better dealerships then others.
Old 10-10-04, 08:08 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Arrow Check engine codes!!!!!

Ok guys I went thru the receipt and here are the codes that were stored in system:

P0440 & P0446

They repaired kinked, cracked vaccuum lines at ccv valve, then they went on to say if problems continues may need canister & valve??

Well the check engine is indeed back that is why the car will go to the shop tomorrow.

Any comments?
Old 10-10-04, 01:04 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

How many miles do you have on your lexus?

Also what state are you in?
Old 10-10-04, 01:05 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

Also does the trac light come on or only the engine light?

Quick Reply: Horrible Lexus service experience need help!(Problem solved))