LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is this a good deal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-18, 08:04 PM
mahad
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is this a good deal??

https://www.lexusofwarwick.com/Vehic...-RI/3250314613

Color is throwing me off, but other than that it is completely loaded. What do you guys think? Pull the trigger? Keep in mine, this dealer is a good 3 hours away from me.
Old 08-19-18, 08:34 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

The price is competitive for a fully loaded car with this mileage. The color combo is just not pleasing. Since you will be driving the car, ask yourself whether you will feel good getting in and driving it. IMO, the stares you will get will mostly be due to the color combo. If the Carfax and Autocheck records come out perfect, and the service records are complete, then this car is a good value. If you can get them to reduce by 2K, you will have a great deal. Since you are 3 hours away, be sure to get a PPI done at another dealership or Lemonsquad (or similar company) before inking the deal.

Last edited by comotiger; 08-19-18 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-19-18, 09:12 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

It’s a little overpriced and no ML.
Old 08-19-18, 09:16 PM
mahad
Driver

Originally Posted by Fhobbs
It’s a little overpriced and no ML.
It does have the ML. Not buying any Lexus without ML lol.
Old 08-19-18, 09:16 PM
mahad
Driver

Originally Posted by comotiger
The price is competitive for a fully loaded car with this mileage. The color combo is just not pleasing. Since you will be driving the car, ask yourself whether you will feel good getting in and driving it. IMO, the stares you will get will mostly be due to the color combo. If the Carfax and Autocheck records come out perfect, and the service records are complete, then this car is a good value. If you can get them to reduce by 2K, you will have a great deal. Since you are 3 hours away, be sure to get a PPI done at another dealership or Lemonsquad (or similar company) before inkling the deal.
Yeah, you are absolutely correct. Color is the only dealbreaker here.
Old 08-19-18, 09:55 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts

I think the gold color looks nice. I had a Maxima with the same basic color combination and I liked it. Just have to be extra careful with the interior since stains show up so much. My main complaint with the color is that if/when the a seatbelt gets stained it's impossible to get clean.
Old 08-19-18, 09:59 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

IMO, the gold color just does not suit this flagship car. Its imposing size and aggressive looks are negated by the gold color. And there is very little contrast between the exterior and interior colors.
Old 08-19-18, 11:22 PM
mahad
Driver

Originally Posted by comotiger
IMO, the gold color just does not suit this flagship car. Its imposing size and aggressive looks are negated by the gold color. And there is very little contrast between the exterior and interior colors.
Yes, you are correct. There should be some contrast between interior and exterior. Guess ill keep looking for the right car.
Old 08-20-18, 06:21 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks like a very nice Ultra-Luxury to me, and the price seems fairly competitive for a CPO vehicle. Color is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I have a gold SC430 with light-colored interior and absolutely love the color combo! When I look out at the parking lot at my office, I see a sea of grays, reds, whites, and silvers, and then there's my little golden convertible that stands out quite distinctly. Color fashions come and go, and I think the gold color is actually so far "out" that it's about to become "in" once again ;-) Everyone craves something unique...
Old 08-20-18, 06:56 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm surprised the emblems aren't gold. Why spend near $40K at the end on a color not at the top of your list?
Old 08-20-18, 07:15 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

This is local. Much better color combo imo. 2015 has updated Nav. No air shocks though. Might ride rough with 19's. and awd. I would work for me if it was rwd.

https://www.route46nissan.com/used/L...d78b89b205.htm

Brand new tires and brakes just done according to Carfax
Old 08-20-18, 07:45 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 201 Posts

That New Jersey car looks like a good deal if it is optioned the way the OP wants.
Old 08-20-18, 09:12 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAWS
This is local. Much better color combo imo. 2015 has updated Nav. No air shocks though. Might ride rough with 19's. and awd. I would work for me if it was rwd.

Nice find! That one does look very nice, and a great price with decent miles. It would be eligible for a long Platinum Extended Warranty also, since it's still under original factory powertrain warranty. Seems like the price on the 2014-2015s has dropped quite a bit over the past few months. That's good for those looking to upgrade who don't want the new LS500.
Old 08-20-18, 11:19 AM
mahad
Driver

Originally Posted by JLAWS

Yeah, ive seen this car. Couple of reasons I didnt inquire about it. First and foremost, the black color is a dealbreaker for me. My ‘11 LS is a black and it is a very difficult color to maintain. Shows all the little scratches and imperfections in the paint very easily as well as stone chips. Second, I am looking for a certified vehicle. My budget is in the high-30’s and although this is a great deal, I want something certified and not black. If this car was any other color, I would seriously consider it but the black is a huge dealbreaker for me. I dont mind the air suspension, I know it has issues but I can deal with it. ML and the alcantara headliner is a MUST for me. Even the Luxury package isnt a requirement, as I can do without it. And the 15 spoke 19-inch rims are also a must. To everyone who has replied on this forum, thanks for your input. I’ll keep looking for the right car.
Old 08-20-18, 11:39 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts

Gold car is a good deal . It's a 460L with just about every option available. And its certified which means 2 year/unlimited warranty (which can be extended an additional 5 years/unlimited for $2600 - covers air suspension and everything else) and free sevicing for 2 years. Color style preference come and go - in another 2-3 years, gold will be the hot color again!

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal??