LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is this a good deal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-18, 01:12 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I would double check the color with the dealer if you are interested in the car. At the bottom of your link, it says the car is Satin Cashmere Metallic. My wife's ES is Satin Cashmere, and is much lighter (and much less gold colored) than this car. My 07 LS is Golden Almond Metallic and looks like this car. Maybe the lighting is making the color look "more gold". To check out the colors, there are many Satin Cashmere vehicles around, not so many Golden Almond.

Last edited by wasjr; 08-20-18 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-20-18, 01:34 PM
mahad
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
I would double check the color with the dealer if you are interested in the car. At the bottom of your link, it says the car is Satin Cashmere Metallic. My wife's ES is Satin Cashmere, and is much lighter (and much less gold colored) than this car. My 07 LS is Golden Almond Metallic and looks like this car. Maybe the lighting is making the color look "more gold". To check out the colors, there are many Satin Cashmere vehicles around, not so many Golden Almond.
I’m sure this car is Satin Cashmere Metallic. The 2014’s dont come with a Golden Almond. Take a look here in the brochure:
Old 08-20-18, 02:00 PM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mahad

Yeah, ive seen this car. Couple of reasons I didnt inquire about it. First and foremost, the black color is a dealbreaker for me. My ‘11 LS is a black and it is a very difficult color to maintain. Shows all the little scratches and imperfections in the paint very easily as well as stone chips. Second, I am looking for a certified vehicle. My budget is in the high-30’s and although this is a great deal, I want something certified and not black. If this car was any other color, I would seriously consider it but the black is a huge dealbreaker for me. I dont mind the air suspension, I know it has issues but I can deal with it. ML and the alcantara headliner is a MUST for me. Even the Luxury package isnt a requirement, as I can do without it. And the 15 spoke 19-inch rims are also a must. To everyone who has replied on this forum, thanks for your input. I’ll keep looking for the right car.
Good thinking here! Patience in your search will land you the right car. I am seeing a flood of sedans and it is a buyers market out there to get what you want. It certainly is a plus if you like the outside color though, and love everything else. The older series lexus cars with beige coloring comes out weird over time For that reason, I'd step away from them and favor the grey/flaxen/black/brown/red interiors instead. One time I tried to paint a room in the house a light yellow and the tint never came out right or consistently. To make matters worse, it became sensitive to the lighting within the room. The 3rd trip to Lowes was the charm towards a light matte grey and pleasing. Happy car hunting!
Old 08-20-18, 04:41 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
IMO, the gold color just does not suit this flagship car. Its imposing size and aggressive looks are negated by the gold color. And there is very little contrast between the exterior and interior colors.
After I wrote this, I sheepishly remembered that my car is Obsidian with black leather and Shimamoku trim But the black exterior really suits the car, so I don't really notice the lack of contrast with the interior.
Old 08-23-18, 06:58 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I almost bought a Satin Cashmere LS with a Parchment interior. It is not nearly as gold looking in person as the photos seem to reflect here. It's more shiny beige with a hint of gold. I like the color personally, but is definitely a less desirable color making it easier to negotiate on price I believe. This seems like a pretty fairly priced vehicle based on the options, mileage and the fact that it's CPO. The Ultra Luxury packages do not come available very often, let alone in an L AWD. This one is seriously loaded and a rare find. For reference, I purchased in May a 2013 LS SWB AWD with Ultra Luxury package, 88,000 miles, out of warranty but in great condition and I paid 32K +tax/tags/title/etc. That was a great price for my vehicle as most of the ones I was looking at were 35K+ and did not have UL but had less miles. For comparison, the features that this one has that mine does not: One year newer, Long wheel base, lower miles, CPO, LKA, DRCC.

Hope this helps and that you find what you're looking for. It's worth driving 3 hours to check it out IMHO. I transported mine halfway across the country. Good luck with your search and keep us updated.
Old 08-23-18, 10:12 AM
cdweimer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm three days away (California), and am frustrated that I have a showroom condition loaded '13 LS platinum RW ML sedan for sale, and do not qualify for the Lexus Forum "Marketplace."
Anyone know of the best alternative site to let true Lexus LS enthusiasts take advantage of my offer?
Thanks,
cdweimer