LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What did you do to your LS today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-18, 12:52 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts
Default What did you do to your LS today?

Feel free to share whatever it was you did to, or with, your LS today (or in recent history). Doesn't matter if you did a major engine overhaul, washed it, took it for a drive, or just stepped out to the driveway to gaze lovingly at it. Post up what you did and share any pics you may have, and if you have questions for anyone throw them out. I don't expect this thread to stay on any given topic other than our LS460's.

Think of this as a place to talk about all the things that you don't feel warrant a thread of it's own

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent the past couple days swapping the LF air strut and the radiator. Strut was much easier than I had anticipated and only took me 30 minutes. The radiator swap was a bit more involved and not only because the first one I order was for a RWD model (-_-)

Finally got it all back together Thursday night and she's running better than ever. Pretty sure the guys that did my differential swap and fluid changes put too much in the trans. Since losing a little fluid from the cooler lines during the radiator swap the trans is shifting like butter, hasn't felt this good since I bought it.
Old 08-18-18, 07:40 PM
dfrosch
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the melting, sticky armrests fixed. The upholstery shop had three other LS 460s., fixing the same thing.
Old 08-19-18, 07:38 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

I changed the startup and display off screen on my LS. (sorry for the sideways photo, took it with my phone)

Didn't do much else as I was riding most of yesterday.
I'm about to jump into it to go to the gym and then there after fuel up at Costco.

I really want to wash it due to the rain and construction we've been having here lately in Chicago, but it's going to rain tomorrow unfortunately.
Old 08-19-18, 04:01 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

It's supposed to rain here tomorrow as well but I couldn't help but pull it out for a wash this morning. Had to clean her up before taking it out to Cars & Coffee at Circuit of the Americas. Here's a few of the cars out there today...

​​​​​

Originally Posted by dfrosch
Got the melting, sticky armrests fixed. The upholstery shop had three other LS 460s., fixing the same thing.
Have any pics of the finished product? I'm going to need mine reupholstered at some point and am curious the options
Old 08-19-18, 06:34 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dfrosch
Yes, pics would be nice. Did your glove box door and center console sides also have the same issue?
Old 08-23-18, 04:03 AM
dfrosch
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverpaws
Yes, pics would be nice. Did your glove box door and center console sides also have the same issue?
They have the same issue, but are not as annoying. New to me upholstery shop, so I only asked to get the armrests done. Will very likely go back to him.

Didn't take pics. It looks like factory work.
Old 08-23-18, 06:00 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Drove it to work
Old 08-23-18, 11:39 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

I've been putting it off but I finally got my oil and filter changed, new air filters, new tires and alignment.
Old 08-23-18, 01:36 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

I have a job I've been putting off too: valve cover and fuel pump gaskets. Getting a little oil in one of my spark plug tubes but no real issues yet. Fuel pump gaskets are fine but I figure if I'm already doing the valve cover gaskets I might as well do those too.
Old 08-23-18, 01:44 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I griped internally about the roof ditch molding peel-off.
Old 08-23-18, 01:49 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Crawled under this week to take a preliminary look at control arm bushings up front. Replaced all 4 uppers myself last year. Lowers need some love now too...
I'm also considering doing the lower ball joint using the C-Clamp method but not sure I'm mentally prepared for that gig. May just pay someone.
Then if I'm C-clamping the ball joint tho, I may as well just do the bushing replacements on the lower that way as well rather than buying the whole arm...
Decisions decisions...

I also have a tiny squeak when going over bumps. Greasing the sway bar bushings up front didn't help at all. Back ones next.
If that doesn't do it, I may have to admit that shocks may need replacing, but before that I need to test it wet to see if moisture stops the squeak (indicating bushings).

I may be losing the adventurous drive for doing such physical labour.
Or I should buy more power tools...?
Old 08-23-18, 03:12 PM
Dolph1
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

With a birthday coming the thought occurred to me this afternoon to see if I could play the ML at a volume equal to my soon to be age. It was loud and there were moments I thought to myself this sounds amazing while other moments I thought this is way too loud for me. 47, Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

I won’t be playing it this loud again anytime soon.
Old 08-23-18, 03:41 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's been a week since getting my 600h. Changed the oil and filter. Changed the two hood struts. Changed the main cabin and rear cabin air filters. Got an automatic car tent umbrella (google Lanmodo) for SoCal so that shade follows me around when parking. Got an aux in BT adapter for my music streaming. Got a Raven dash cam for safety and and security. Whew..... that's too much for one week.
Old 08-23-18, 05:16 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Detailed the hell out of my car (polish/sealant/wax) for the family Vineyard trip.
I had the cleanest car on the island!

The following 2 users liked this post by JLAWS:
dlbuckls10 (08-23-18), scutch (12-30-19)
Old 08-23-18, 07:24 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Replaced the battery. Aside from the two trips to interstate battery, it was only a 10 minute job.

Will install LED rear turn signals tomorrow. Pictures to follow!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS today?